Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard is it to swap an ls2 intp my 98ss?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OneBadLS
Ha ha... your funny did your mom give you that joke?

On a side note, I never once said anything about tuning a higher compression motor, I simply said it is easier to tune a lower compression motor then it is a higher compression motor.
The hell you didn't, do I need to quote you what YOU said in BOLD so YOU can read it? Plus, ever heard of an inference? By saying what you did about low compression motors, you INFERRED a lot about high-compression motors, and that's not to mention the statements you made about high compression motors.
I have my opinion and so does everyone else.
What does opinion have to do with anything? We're talking about TECH here. Sure, there will be differing opinions on what parts are best and such, but the questions/discussion so far seems to have primarily dealt with FACT (eg. what does it take to put a 6.0 in my car), and I don't see how OPINION and FACT go together? (at least in this case)

If you like to criticize people you much better off not posting at all. Like the old saying goes "You don't have nothin nice to say don't say it at all".
You obviously don't see a problem anywhere here. I'd say something useful but I have no idea where to start.

I have nothing against anyone here. And I am willing to learn, sometimes you gotta make mistakes in order to learn. Obviously I learned something new no need to bash over it. After all it just shows your an e-thug.
You don't get it do you?

PS: juiced Z28's comments ain't the best way of stating things and sure, they aren't the most constructive in helping you find your mistakes and learn from them (if, you indeed are learning anything from this), but damned if what he said doesn't cut to the chase.

Last edited by 6.0Nova?; 06-26-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OneBadLS - giveup. you lose.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow ok guys this is getting a little mean! Maybe we should all lay off of OneBadLS

I would think by now he might get that he should just do a bit more research! (hopefully)
Old 07-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by claytonisbob
LS7 heads on an LQ4/LQ9 are a no go due to cylinder diameter.

OneBadLS, no matter how strong you build an engine... High boost w/ high compression is just not going to work on a gasoline engine. I believe you'd start running into major detonation issues if you do. Show me an example of a high compression (10.5:1+), high boost (15psi+) engine that runs well, import or domestic, iron or aluminum. Going with lower compression facilitates higher boost and more power. It really doesn't have anything to do with tuning. A good tune is a good tune, most of the guys that would go out of their way to FI an engine are probably going to spend some time an money tuning it. This is not about what is reliable, its about what works or not. In this context, those are different things.

Look man no offense, but if this many people are disagreeing with you and nobody is backing you up... it may be time to go read some more.

Just realized this thread had nothing to do with FI... interesting. That being said if you are going FI and are keeping the bottom end the way it is for a mild setup, a later LQ4 would be the way to go. If not the LQ9 is a nice higher compression version. If your going to build the bottom end, either will do (with the LQ4 being more affordable and easier to find)... but that probably goes without saying to the OP.
I run a factory 10.5:1 stock longblock on my '87 Volvo 240 turbo, fed by a single Schwitzer 3LM-299 at 28psi. I've built countless high compression/high boost street setups. The people who say it can't be done reliably are the ones who haven't done it.
I could elaborate but it's time to go to work. On another note, my '81 240 2-door is going under the knife next month beginning an LQ9/T56 swap.

Quick Reply: How hard is it to swap an ls2 intp my 98ss?