Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which oil pan for nova?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a new direct from GM CTS-V pan for US$150 complete with pickup and it is an EXCELLENT fit when used with the Edelbrock adapter plates. There were 3 weird bosses sticking out of one side that I milled off, but you could probably just hacksaw them off if they were in the way...
Old 09-01-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pump Guy.. Where does the bottom of the CTS-V pan line up with the X-Member..? below, at or above ? Any Pictures..
Old 09-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Default cts-v pan

Originally Posted by Pump Guy
I got a new direct from GM CTS-V pan for US$150 complete with pickup and it is an EXCELLENT fit when used with the Edelbrock adapter plates. There were 3 weird bosses sticking out of one side that I milled off, but you could probably just hacksaw them off if they were in the way...
What car did you install it on? Do you have stock linkage? Im going to be ordering The Edelbrock setup in about a week and just started looking into pan options.

Thank you
Bill
Old 09-30-2009, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guys sorry to wake a dead thread, but I have one more question - this would not even come up except that I called autokraft and champs and neither have the pan in stock- so I started looking.

here is my question -I am doing a turbo setup and it looks like with the autokraft Im gonna have to drill and weld send and return and pressure gauge fittings into the pan

with a remote oil filter setup, can I have the turbo oil supply and oil pressure fittings right at the remote oil filter setup? how does that work? as I think that would be the deciding factor for me.

or, if I order the autokraft, is it easy to tap the pan for oil supply, drain, etc for the turbo?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If running a turbo setup, you are gonna be low on room already, and finding a place to run oil lines and mount a filter is gonna be a pain. The Autokraft pan allows for the filter to be in the stock location. I think it uses a billet adapter that sandwiches between the pan rail and the filter, so you might be able to drill your turbo supply line there and then do something in the pan for a return.....drill a hole and weld a bung, or use a bulkhead fitting....whichever you are more comfortable with or whatever your sanctioning body will allow.

To more directly answer your other question...you CAN use a remote filter supply line and T off it to supply your turbo, but your turbo would need a place to go thats at 0 pressure, like your pan, NOT the filter return line. So what this really means, is you use the filter OUTLET line ( cuz its clean oil) to supply your turbo, and return it to the pan.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks man. I ordered the champ pan from carshopinc. tim over said I can tap the engine block above the oil filter area for a pressure supply for the turbo.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

talked to autokraft... they should have their pans out of plate early next week, but there seems to be a small line of customers on the waiting list already.

71 - which pan did you order from carshopinc? i could only find this one, which is a tad spendy for not having an oil pickup and requiring a remote filter setup.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I always grab my oil feed for turbo stuff at the back of the block up top where the oil pressure sender is. Autometer adapter for metric to 1/8NPT, then a T-fitting, one side going to the sender for your gauge and out the top goes to the turbo.

Quick Reply: which oil pan for nova?