Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can this be done?? Cruise control/dbw/05 ggto ls2

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i tried hard on my commando to make it work...designed a seperate relay/diode circuit to deal with the "cruise on"...but...i finally threw in the towel..
Old 01-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Hey guys, I've been looking for a cruise control interface for a while now. Finally came across a post where an LS1 Tech member located this product from Spanky's Rod Shop in Arkansas. Here is the link....

http://spankysrodshop.net/index.php?...ories&Itemid=7
Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I think E38 PCM's are still out of luck, but on a E40 PCM it can be flashed with a Chevrolet SSR tune and have the wires added for your cruise functions, then you will need a cruise stalk from a early gm van with normally open switches.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1969 CON
Hey guys, I've been looking for a cruise control interface for a while now. Finally came across a post where an LS1 Tech member located this product from Spanky's Rod Shop in Arkansas. Here is the link....

http://spankysrodshop.net/index.php?...ories&Itemid=7
Here's the thread on it....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...l-dbw-58x.html
Old 01-10-2012, 04:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lizeec
I think E38 PCM's are still out of luck, but on a E40 PCM it can be flashed with a Chevrolet SSR tune and have the wires added for your cruise functions, then you will need a cruise stalk from a early gm van with normally open switches.
Current Performance wiring told me the same thing when that modified my harness. My setup was out of a 2005 Corvette and they flashed the E40 to a 2005 SSR, but I was never able to make it work.

I'm using a TKO Transmission, with the VSS from the system supplying a signal to the ECM. Jerod said they had never done this with a manual transmission, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by usc2001gc
Current Performance wiring told me the same thing when that modified my harness. My setup was out of a 2005 Corvette and they flashed the E40 to a 2005 SSR, but I was never able to make it work.

I'm using a TKO Transmission, with the VSS from the system supplying a signal to the ECM. Jerod said they had never done this with a manual transmission, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
My E40 ECM was flashed with a SSR tune and my harness built by Speartech, he left the wiring for the brake & clutch switch as well as cruise on,coast.accel/resume and I hooked it up to my stalk that was modified by another board member on here and it works, the only downside it wont activate until I am at 55 mph, I understand they are suppose to activate at anything over 25 mph, so I am still tinkering with it an suspect the vss.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lizeec
My E40 ECM was flashed with a SSR tune and my harness built by Speartech, he left the wiring for the brake & clutch switch as well as cruise on,coast.accel/resume and I hooked it up to my stalk that was modified by another board member on here and it works, the only downside it wont activate until I am at 55 mph, I understand they are suppose to activate at anything over 25 mph, so I am still tinkering with it an suspect the vss.
Well, you've renewed my hope. I'm in the middle of getting the car ready for paint, so it'll be a while before I can check it anymore.

With the issue of only working above 55, do you know if your ecm is programmed with your correct gear ratio and tire size? I've purchased HP Tuners since I've completed my swap, so I've been able to verify that I'm showing the correct speed from the ecm output.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by usc2001gc
Well, you've renewed my hope. I'm in the middle of getting the car ready for paint, so it'll be a while before I can check it anymore.

With the issue of only working above 55, do you know if your ecm is programmed with your correct gear ratio and tire size? I've purchased HP Tuners since I've completed my swap, so I've been able to verify that I'm showing the correct speed from the ecm output.
We are in the same boat, I talked to John at Speartech about this and he never asked about rear end ratio or tire size so I don't know if that affects anything, he did say I need to to do a scan and verify my vss output with what the scan tool says, I too just bought HP Tuners and am barely opening the box and will try to learn how to use it. On the cruise everything works fine except the above 55 activation which is where it will be needed anyway. I'll keep you updated if I found out something.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Guys, quit wasting your time with home remedies and as for John at Speartech. I contacted him and he had very little knowledge about a solution for this problem. Then I found out about Spankys Rod Shop, I bought their cruise system, it works great!
Someone already posted the answer earlier in this thread and you seem to have ignored him. Look at http://spankysrodshop.net they have a lot of other good products as well. Apparently they are the only ones to develop a real LS9 operating solution check out their dyno video on the website.

Last edited by matt22; 01-13-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Matt,

I've traded emails with Spankysrodshop & their system looks promising for my EROD swap. The mechanic actually doing the swap is going to contact them soon & if he's convinced we'll likely get the cruise and ez-tcu from them.

I PM'ed you a few days ago.

Wayne
Old 01-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

Just ordered the EZ-TCU & cruise from Spanky's.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Great, keep us posted.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

UPS tracking say's it's out for delivery today.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

They just emailed me a link to an install video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_sW0kbfB8

Quick Reply: Can this be done?? Cruise control/dbw/05 ggto ls2