Sponsored by:

LS1 + T56 + C4 = Good times!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Talking

I don't know you Subtle, but I do know your project is an awesome one. I am working on one as well https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...rbo-build.html and it can be draining especially when you have other things going on. I personally don't think you need to reasess this project. NO. You "need" to keep on chipping away at the C4. I have had my Lemans since I came back from the Mid-East in '03 and the damn thing is still a work in progress...but it is my work in progress. I made myself create a damn thread to force me to keep chipping away at it. Now I buy bits and pieces as I see fit. Bought a 044 Bosch pump yesterday, blew my budget...oh wait I don't have one, well there you have it. Take your time, take a breath, curse, swear, threaten then go wrench. I goaded a few Army buddys into coming by the house today to actually test fit putting the engine in..with false promises of Stella Artois and porkchops...by the time we actually get done working, it will be luke warm cans of Coke and Pringles. Good luck and I...look...forward...to...the...FINISHED...product .

Kaine

Last edited by kainedogg; 02-22-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the kind words Kaine!

I would like to finish it. You are right, life just gets in the way. As does my recent Jeep and off-roading fixation... my high school Buick, that I want to put an L92 in.... etc.

I hate the idea of abandoning a project, but I like the idea of narrowing my focus.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nothing wrong with narrowing your foucs, but we know the importance of one thing at a time (this from the guy trying to turbocharge a Hayabusa, while crying about spending $3000 on a transmission for the C5) Can you imagine how awesome it would be slamming through the gears with the 315's scrambling for traction or taking your favorite corner and hitting the apex just right, with the car howling and 1260mm of combined tire width doing their thing...hmmm, I can. Lol, ok, enough. Whatever you tacke next, start a build thread and I will help you in any way I can, to include false promises.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I know where you are comming from.... my ls1/t56 c4 project is still in progress... sits just as it did 3 years ago lol... c5 dash and cluster is in, dynomat is in, new windshield, motor/tranny/D44 are in and I have been able to drive it. I actually got motivated and did some work on the custom c4/c5 hybrid door panels with pourfoam last week. I keep telling myself "one day" i'll get it done haha. I started this project in 2006!!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Teching In

It's a shame the car wasn't done better from the start. I remember being very close to puling the trigger on this years ago. Instead, I built another SBC...which is coming out for an LS as we speak...

I'm at the point of just wanting to drive, and if I had a Jeep that I could wheel and CTS-V for my speed fix...I'd be in the same place as you. Good luck with the sale and if that doesn't happen, hopefully you find some new motivation to get it done.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are (were) doing an awesome job with your C4.

I really hope that you finish it. You have put this many hours into it already, wouldnt it be nice to take it for a drive this fall??

The internet is flooded with half done projects, I think that if you want to sell it you would do much better to sell it running and complete. Plus, if you gete it there, I will bet you that you wouldnt sell it right away, but rather keep it and enjoy the fruits of your labor a bit.

It sucks reading this entire post, only to learn the project may not get finished, especially when it looked like you were doing such a great job with it.

DO WORK SON!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kpforce1
Well I know where you are comming from.... my ls1/t56 c4 project is still in progress... sits just as it did 3 years ago lol... c5 dash and cluster is in, dynomat is in, new windshield, motor/tranny/D44 are in and I have been able to drive it. I actually got motivated and did some work on the custom c4/c5 hybrid door panels with pourfoam last week. I keep telling myself "one day" i'll get it done haha. I started this project in 2006!!
Thanks for chiming in KP. Your build was helpful to my progress. And you were nice enough to answer some PM questions back when I was making progress.

Like Steve85 said, if I had a CTS-V, I would really be in trouble with lack of motivation! I have passively shopped for them multiple times including recently. In fact that was a big reason why I sold my Z28. Hard to work on your basket case, when you have a running fun car.

Originally Posted by Steve85
It's a shame the car wasn't done better from the start. I remember being very close to puling the trigger on this years ago. Instead, I built another SBC...which is coming out for an LS as we speak...

I'm at the point of just wanting to drive, and if I had a Jeep that I could wheel and CTS-V for my speed fix...I'd be in the same place as you. Good luck with the sale and if that doesn't happen, hopefully you find some new motivation to get it done.
I have no faith that the project will sell half done. I hope when the weather gets warm, I will get it together.

Originally Posted by 94LT1TA6spd
You are (were) doing an awesome job with your C4.

I really hope that you finish it. You have put this many hours into it already, wouldnt it be nice to take it for a drive this fall??

The internet is flooded with half done projects, I think that if you want to sell it you would do much better to sell it running and complete. Plus, if you gete it there, I will bet you that you wouldnt sell it right away, but rather keep it and enjoy the fruits of your labor a bit.

It sucks reading this entire post, only to learn the project may not get finished, especially when it looked like you were doing such a great job with it.

DO WORK SON!
Thanks! I agree, pretty slim chance it will sell. And if I get it finished, it will probably stay in the fleet (at least a while).

Maybe as the weather gets warm I will find the will to spend some hours in the garage, rather than at the key-board!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Teching In

I would have interest in purchasing the swap parts. I have a C-4. I am going to do a conversion on. and I am only 60 or so miles away, in SLinger, WI
Old 05-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

quality work going on here.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Default Just started

Great thread man do your best to stick with it I just started
My c4 build l33 turbo with a t56 and trying to do my research
And your build has been most helpful thk

Quick Reply: LS1 + T56 + C4 = Good times!