Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greg, no problem I just wanted to help, I also sent you a PM with several contacts to call about LY6 harness. It was just a situation I thought was handled. The long response was due to the fact that I truly thought you had the harness and were set from the last email. Especially since I had been promised it shipped for the 10th time from the supplier .
Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs down Oh Brother!!!!

Originally Posted by blackbirdpr1
I only want a steady production before I market here again. I have made several trips to china over the last 2 months and hope to use their resources to create a header production in the near future. Since I have been out of the country a lot I have been very hard pressed to get on the forums.
This has GOT to be the funniest line of BS I have ever heard! Really? China? My sides hurt from laughing so much! Stop! Stop! LOL... Shawn, you REALLY should stop while your ahead. Multiple trips to CHINA!? LOL MAN!, Can you shovel it.

Last edited by LS1GMCTruck; 07-12-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackbirdpr1
Greg, no problem I just wanted to help, I also sent you a PM with several contacts to call about LY6 harness. It was just a situation I thought was handled. The long response was due to the fact that I truly thought you had the harness and were set from the last email. Especially since I had been promised it shipped for the 10th time from the supplier .
Thanks for the contacts. I got messages into Speartech and Current as well for prices.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1GMCTruck
This has GOT to be the funniest line of BS I have ever heard! Really? China? My sides hurt from laughing so much! Stop! Stop! LOL... Shawn, you REALLY should stop while your ahead. Multiple trips to CHINA!? LOL MAN!, Can you shovel it.
This is some funny LOL.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Teching In

RE- 69 CAMARO BRP JUNK!

If Shawns not willing to talk about it....I will!!!. If I had to do it all over again i'd certainly never buy BRP stuff again nor would I dare recommend them to anyone...period!. The stuff is simply "junk!" and thats being polite. I bought hedman headers-long tube, front/rear brake kit for 02 Camaro and motor/tranny kit for my LQ4/T56 and almost nothing fit.

I got a second set of replacement motor mounts(first set were apparently built/designed around a rotten and bent car) sent that fit only a fraction better than the first but still had to beat the crap out of my brand new ceramic coated hedman headers in 2 spots to make them fit. These headers and kits were not designed with any kind of performance in mind and will only fit with "stock oem control arms" plus they rub on steering linkage on right side and the steering box on left side. If buying BRP/HEDMAN header products be sure to have a big 3 lb hammer by your side before your shiney new parts come or else they simply ain't gonna fit.
You will maybe need to beat 2 areas on right side header- one to clear steering linkage on frame and two to clear aftermarket control arms if you have them- Mine were CPP upper and lower. Then expect to take a grinder to your steering box to clear the left side tubes or you'll be using a hammer yet again.
As for the T56 tranny support "forget it!". It may as well been built for a Honda Civic from the 70's. It rubs on collectors so much you'd have to stand on the support with full weight to even get it close to bolting it down on the subframe.
Better yet when you do finally make contact with someone from corporate BRP headquarters after days of trying to get a new tranny support. They collect $80 in overnight express delivery fee's and keep it. They don't ship anything, won't answer emails and won't answer calls. In fact i've have to file a return with Visa to get my $80 back. Almost two months later not a word from them.
Onto the front braking system. The spacers for the front cailpers are far too thick and angle the caliper hanger/plate on about a 45 degree angle- hence they need to get cut or machined. Doubt they were machined to start with. Looked more like they were cut with a hack saw....a wooden one.
If have any questions or need to see pics of this gradeschool quality fitment by BRP/HEDMAN feel free to send me an email and i'll reply. I've met a lot of amazing people on this website and would hate for anyone to go through the nonsence I did. Good luck with your build!.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 69camarolq4

If Shawns not willing to talk about it....I will!!!
Why would Shawn not want to talk about BRP?
Old 08-22-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

From everything I have seen and heard over the years, I wouldn't trust Shawn or BRP.
So I agree...
Old 08-22-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 593 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by 69camarolq4
RE- 69 CAMARO BRP JUNK!

Better yet when you do finally make contact with someone from corporate BRP headquarters after days of trying to get a new tranny support. !.

Roflmaooooooooo
Old 08-22-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good thing I never bought anything from these people. I actually visited their website and forum and I emailed them, PM'd them, and posted on the forums about 5-6 months ago and never got a damn reply. Its a shame that they are trying to make business on a great website like this one(they were sponsors when I was looking at their stuff) but never answer questions about their products to their customers. I've only dealt with two sponsors here and both of them were great with customer service and shipping was awesome, so I doubt that they will ever get any business from me or compete with other vendors on here.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up BRP Products

My Hedman Hedders and my BRP mounts fit absolutely perfect. No modifications whatsoever. I enjoyed an effortless installation, on my '69 Camaro. When I called BRP, my questions always got answered. I did have to leave a message once or twice, but they always got right back to me. I would highly recommend BRP/Heddman to anyone. Great products, fair prices.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

just found the article but im drooling over your 62-67 nova parts. what do you have for them now?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Does anyone know if this company, "RetroLSX" is in business, or if the LHX oil pan is available somewhere?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I think it's on ebay or on the retrolsx forum (which sadly nobody from the company seems to visit much). Just call them up and ask, the guy I spoke to a few months ago seemed nice enough.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Default 64 Chevelle Conv. HELP

Do you have any advice on what direction to take on the install of a LS-1 that came from a 02 Camaro SS, into an 64 Chevelle Conv, what kits and or info can you offer.

Quick Reply: New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS