Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11
wow kinda sad about to start my swap in the next month and getting parts together, and nothing in here? guess it is brp then.
Yea, looks like I'm going to have to go that route also. This decision would be easier if the headers had the O2 bungs already welded on.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been seeing a lot of fit issues with the BRP headers. Anyone have any experience with these headers?
Old 06-03-2010, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No mounts for the Cadi at this point. We are trying to get the more common vehicles at this point.
Which year F-Body mounts are you talking about?
At this point I worked a deal with Hawksthirdgen.com and will be using their products for the 3rd gen swaps. We have had a lot of issues in get a reliable source for production and are going to produce large batches of one style header at a time in order to be able to reduce cost to a point that the price point I’ve been quoted is possible at a quality stainless steel.
I did expect a quicker production time but the rushed product would not hold up to a standard of which I know this board and enthusiast would expect. I have small scale production of the mounts kit and in works with several header manufactures to get this cost and quality to match.
I have the s10 headers from Current Performance at header manufacture and awaiting information. This has become a very slow process and I will update only once I have any new info and a reliable production date.
At this point,

I have LS kits and prototype headers for
83-87 G-Body 4L80 4L60
62-67 Nove with 4L60
1973-1988 GM trucks
I have
1967-1981 F-Body and 1964-1972 A-Body Platforms ready to make kits from. These have no ETAs at this point but are planned for further development.

I have no steady mass production so far only the prototypes.

I will remove myself as a sponsor until a point when I can match the demand of the product. I have never wronged a member and only offered help for swaps. I will still be offering basic LS components only on a smaller scale.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well Retro, at least its good to hear from you.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Does anyone know if retrolsx is still selling his oil pans? I've called and left a message because I would like to get one, I hope he is still doing them because they seem like a good product.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

anything in the works for 67-72 chevy pickups?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grif54
Does anyone know if retrolsx is still selling his oil pans? I've called and left a message because I would like to get one, I hope he is still doing them because they seem like a good product.

He still has them listed on flea bay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LHX-C...fAudioQ5fVideo
Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 PM

RetroLSX anyword on the S10 headers are they almost ready or better yet are they ready. I might need buy 2 sets.
Thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

He's not talking to us until he can meet the demand for his product.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Monte4ever
He's not talking to us until he can meet the demand for his product.
Too bad, I guess my business will go else where
Old 06-30-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to warn everyone about this guy in older posts, but was met with arguments of disbelief. He can't get anything made for him for a reason. He no longer is employed by BRP, for a reason, actually a couple different reasons, which, unfortuneately can't be released on the internet. He is no longer a vendor here on LS1Tech. "BUYER BEWARE!"

Last edited by LS1GMCTruck; 06-30-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm considering a takeout engine from this vendor and I'm curious if anyone has bought one from him. I get the idea it's not directly from him, but more likely a local salvage yard that he works with. My thought is to do COD or pay by credit card in case the engine isn't delivered or isn't delivered as advertised. So far I haven't seen a post from someone that paid for something and didn't get what they ordered, so I have to take the rest with a grain of salt. The fact that he hasn't responded to this post doesn't concern me so much since he has been so far responsive to email.

Has anyone that's ordered a product from RetroLSX been disappointed with the service and delivery?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

I have one of the swap oil pans from them ,nice part and they shipped it right away.Project is up and running with no issues with the pan.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
I'm considering a takeout engine from this vendor and I'm curious if anyone has bought one from him. I get the idea it's not directly from him, but more likely a local salvage yard that he works with. My thought is to do COD or pay by credit card in case the engine isn't delivered or isn't delivered as advertised. So far I haven't seen a post from someone that paid for something and didn't get what they ordered, so I have to take the rest with a grain of salt. The fact that he hasn't responded to this post doesn't concern me so much since he has been so far responsive to email.

Has anyone that's ordered a product from RetroLSX been disappointed with the service and delivery?

I purchased a motor from him. Used a CC and he helped me from the beginning stages of finding a motor to actual delivery. Then there were a few issues. Wiring harness was supposed to come with it, along with all the front accessories and ecm. Motor came as a long block only. Called him and he got in touch with the delivery company. They said it was all in a separate box that they forgot to give me. Over 1 month later I get the box, without a harness. The company supposedly threw it out or something. He tried locating one for me without any luck. Left a pretty bad taste in my mouth when he wanted to charge me more money to get a harness, even though it was supposed to come with one. That is why I am still looking for a harness.

For the most part it was a decent transaction and he did help me out. He is busy, so getting in touch can be an issue, but not horrible. I am not saying you should stay away from him as he did help me out and did his best to make things right. Just my $.02
Old 07-08-2010, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

87SS, thank you for the reply. That is the kind of headache I do not want to have.

Anyone else with experience actually buying from RetroLSX?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can someone else PLEASE make a header that does'nt cost an arm and a leg for us G-Body guys. Also, let it fit the stock location and come with the O2 bungs already installed (just thinking out loud).
Old 07-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
Anyone else with experience actually buying from RetroLSX?
I bought one of the swap oil pans. It arrived within a week of placing the order. A couple weeks after receiving the pan, I called about oil filter application ID. My call was returned promptly, around 7PM EST, and question was answered. Had a pleasant conversation, briefly talked shop and that was it.

No complaints here. He's a stand-up guy in my book.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Teching In

I voluntary ended my sponsorship and at that point I was no longer able to post adds for items for sale and did not want to violate any rules. I am working on getting products ready before doing any marketing.

LS1GMCTruck
I have no idea why you have such a vendetta out for me. I have never spoken sold or dealt with you for any reason. So if you bash someone at least have a reason I have not said one bad word about anyone and plan to keep it that way.

87SS
Greg,
I located you an engine from a company I had dealt with before and never had an issue. The harness you were getting was cut and you knew upfront which is why you got a reduced price on the motor. The reason additional money was charged for finding a perfect uncut harness which was not in the original deal and I only charged true cost and did not make a dime. When the company was unable to provide the parts after I was told multiple times it had already shipped to you I gave you a full refund for all missing parts at cost of replacement not at the cost I pay to make it where you could get the parts you needed and not be short changed. I’m at this point still in a fight to get my money back from when I bought the harness for you. You were also given several parts such as the oil pan at cost to make up for the mix up at the engine supplier.

As I said I have not wronged anyone and only want a steady production before I market here again. I have made several trips to china over the last 2 months and hope to use their resources to create a header production in the near future. Since I have been out of the country a lot I have been very hard pressed to get on the forums.

Last edited by blackbirdpr1; 07-09-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Shawn,

The issue I had with our transaction was how long it took to finalize, and in the end I am still in search of items that were to be provided during our original transaction.

I know a lot of it was the delay from the places you were obtaining parts from, no way you can control that. But for example I received the motor/trans on 3/30. The remaining accessories, ecm, coilpacks, etc were not there. We spoke that day and you told me it would be taken care of promtly. I received the rest of the parts except the tcm in April. Still no harness. I then PMed you on MCSS to just send the best "cut" harness you could get, I would end up modding it myself and could use the saved money to get HP Tuners.

Then the whole mess with the other place started a few days later for the harness. You informed me that the uncut harness was sent. Nothing. I would follow up, you informed me that they would send it in the morning and you would follow up. 2 weeks later, nothing.

I realize it was the BS they were giving you, and not YOU causing the delay. But as someone selling parts to others on the board, I just feel it should be your resonsibility to follow up. Maybe I am wrong, but it is what I would do myself if I were providing others a service. I followed up with you roughly every 2 weeks. You told me you would call them. Still nothing.

It wasn't until I followed up again at the end of May and neither the harness nor tcm was sent. You promtly credited my account, no doubt.

As I posted in my original post, you helped me out a lot and did your best to make things right. What I was disappointed in was the lack of following up on your end. I am still out a harness (cut or uncut) and a tcm, but I will find those on my own. Don't take my post here as badmouthing you, and if you are taking it that way I appologize. I just wish the customer service end worked out better during the transaction, but I let things go longer than I typically would have knowing you are swamped.

Last edited by 87SS; 07-09-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS