Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sent you a pm

Matt
Old 03-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1GMCTruck
Are you delivering? Stop the talk & preadvertising for product(other than someone else's oil pan) you can't ship now! Come on!? Excuses, excuses, excuses...
I'm curious.. Are you currently waiting for a product or products from him?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

Default could u please show me this oilpan...

could u please show me a pic of this oilpan with a mounted filter... that won´t go below the pan
thank´s
Fredrik

[QUOTE=RetroLSX;12688893]Tom if you dont mind bringing down the nova we will get you a free kit and a deal on parts and have your motor trans in the car when you pick it up. Or cut you a deal on a full install.

Thanks

Also here are some more photos of the LHX

Old 03-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1GMCTruck
Who would buy ANYTHING, when there isn't anything on the shelves to buy?
Wasnt my point....

The way you are reacting, one would think you had given him a cash advance..

In short, if you want to start a pitchfork brigade against retro.. Please start another thread..

Thanks....
Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 AM
FormerVendor

The oil filter does not hang below the pan ill snap a pick of it today when I’m by the shop.

As for LS1GMCTruck he’s made several remarks about me and my company on multiple threads after talking to BRP and my old boss. He has never spoken to me and has no intention of dealing with me and just wants to throw mud. Not even sure why lol. I don’t think the threads are a place for this and I won’t even dignify he’s remarks with a commit.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RetroLSX
The oil filter does not hang below the pan ill snap a pick of it today when I’m by the shop.

As for LS1GMCTruck he’s made several remarks about me and my company on multiple threads after talking to BRP and my old boss. He has never spoken to me and has no intention of dealing with me and just wants to throw mud. Not even sure why lol. I don’t think the threads are a place for this and I won’t even dignify he’s remarks with a commit.
Sadly, those people are everywhere. Can't we just keep the negative to ourselves?

Your products look good to me. Too bad that unsolicited compliment isn't worth the screen it's printed on. Especially coming from someone who hasn't purchased them.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Sadder still, is the fact that anyone who decides to pay for vendor status, can cry foul to moderators, when any given LS enthusiast on the board tries to warn everyone else of said questionable vendor. Buyers beware, thats all I'm going to say. Wilco, over and out.

Last edited by LS1GMCTruck; 03-12-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Default Retro

For what its worth, I have this guys' oil pan. Its a quality piece delivered when he said it would be.

Another local guy I bought a 4L70E from, also has the pan and is very happy. I tried a couple before going here. Its pricey but it works.

This guy is busy but not a risk to deal with in my experience.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RetroLSX

As for LS1GMCTruck he has no intention of dealing with me and just wants to throw mud. Not even sure why lol. I don’t think the threads are a place for this and I won’t even dignify he’s remarks with a commit.
Agreed.. I don’t know you from Adam Retro...but if someone has credible information regarding crooked dealings.. Shady products or poor workmanship..Then by all means.. Let’s hear it..

Otherwise this anecdotal mudslinging doesn’t help...

PM sent Retro..
Old 03-12-2010, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have a valid case of a problem with Retro or any vendor.. please post the detail and just the facts.. not hear say nor unwanted personal thought that are not back by facts.

Has he posted, sold or traded anything that was not state as is or not as it was ? If he or anyone has... was there any follow up conversation on trying to provide good customer service and correction ?

Otherwise, mudslinging and bashing just make you look bad or unknowlegable.

Just the fact please..
Old 03-12-2010, 05:01 AM
Staging Lane

I ordered the oil pan, recieved it when Shawn said I would,nice piece.After being ripped off by Phil at Brp ,It was nice to deal with someone that cares about what your doing and you can get on the phone. I would rather see them take the time to develop new products for all of us that work, instead of throwing things together to make a fast buck.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Launching!

I also have just received the pan. Looks very nice, and almost went with a stamped steel one, but am glad I went with a cast pan instead. Now waiting for headers and mounts for 3rd gen nova
Old 03-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Default A-body Kits

Do you have pricing available for the A-body kits yet? I am interested in everything including the headers, oil pan, and the mounts? When will they be available?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Any eta on a possible mock up of a 1 7/8 longtubes for 82-92 f bodies?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 599 Likes on 475 Posts

RetroLSx,
Forget rest of these jokers, LOL..... how about a ETA on motor/4L60 mounts and poss. ANY 7/8 headers for a 70-73 F-bodies ?

Oh yeah.... after that.... feel free to do other cars as you see fit. LOL. Serously, any idea of ETA?
Thanks,
Jim
Old 03-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Thanks retrolsx Do you have the number of these shops you where talking about. What do I need for this lsx drivetrain swap on my D body Need help Thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 09:23 AM
FormerVendor

Here is the Oil pan on the 87 Monte Carlo to show the oil filter matches the oil pan. It is not LS based oil pan but is a GM unit that PN comes with the oil pan.

Also here is the latest car on the lift. We have a 62-67 Nova kit being mocked up for a stock frame and the GTO oil pan. This will also be the next on the list for header mock up. We have been helped by several members from LS1tech to find good mock up cars and are really getting this kits worked out asap.

Thanks for the nice words guys, it’s taken some time but I’m working a very tested and high quality product line that is geared toward the enthusiast.

The third gen kit has been pushed a little back. I have been working with Bruce at Hawks Third Gen for some other products and for my personal car. I’m also a good friend of the owner and we have worked out a deal where I’m just going to retail his products for the time being. He currently has a couple more header options coming out for the swap up to 2in. For the time being I’m going to concentrate on the older LS swaps till I get a solid product line.

The 70-81 headers are built and awaiting final products to be sent to me to test.

Ill dig up the phone for you Caddy 83

The 66 Chevelle i have coming in and my 70 GTO will be the next on the cutting board for kit mock up so the A-Bodys will be next for a kit.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Default thanks

[QUOTE=RetroLSX;13034761]

ok thanks
those pics was what I needed
Old 03-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Those s-10 header you showed. I guess they won't fit a 4x4 or AWD as in (Typhoon/Syclone)?.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want my G-Body headers.......NOW! LOL

Quick Reply: New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS