Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RetroLSX
Guys I’m working hard to get these mounts out as soon as possible but remember I took about 5 kits and 4 headers to get mass produced all at one time. The manufacture that is mass producing my prototype parts has taken longer then expected. So it’s just slowed us down. I have kits that are already prototyped but it’s on the waiting list to get popped until these first ones are ready. After I send off each kit it comes back to me in a production stage with additional test fitting being done. We want the right product the first time instead of having several editions before each kit works perfect.

We also are on board with two TV shows that have taken a lot of the shop time prepping vehicles and getting parts ready for these two builds. The first kit that will be out with be the 1973-1987 GM 4WD and 2WD to correspond the shows needs. I have done about 3 rounds of test fitting on these so far.

The G-Body should be the next after the truck I have two in shop I’m doing a lot of testing on and I’m having the headers built on the car the follow week. We have the 6L90 going on a 87 Choo Choo special ELKY.

We also are testing out the new VVT harness from painless on an 87 Aero couple getting the LY6 6.0L and 4L80 with Comps biggest VVT cam. So far the harness looks great. We have not got it in the car but we are going to do some real world testing on how it works. The nice part about this unit is it runs the stock ECU and can control the 4L80 or 6L90

As for a third gen, I have not forgotten we have three that are floating around the shop and we will have a kit for these very soon. One is my personal car. Currently we have built a 4L60 Auto version and are going back in to build a T-56 kit shortly. I even have a 62-27 Nova coming by for testing. It’s a lot of cars all at once and ill have every last one of the cars developed as fast as possible so be patient if you can. If you’re in a rush Hawks has a great product. I’m even getting him 35 third gens cars from a customer of mine.

Current Info
Headers in testing stage
1973-1987 Truck
1963-1981 Corvette
67—69 F-Body
1970-1981 F-Body

Kits
1973-1987 Truck
1982-1987 G-Body
1963-1981 Corvette

This is listed in order of first production

early kits that have work started
1967-1969 F-Body
1970-1981 F-Body

Cars currently lines up
1962-1967 Nova
1982-1993 F-Body
1964-1967 A-Body
1967-1972 A-Body
Got any news about the s-10 headers?
Old 02-03-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm hanging in there for the finished G-Body headers. I hope the fit and finish make it worth the wait.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:15 AM
Teching In

sorry if i sound bitter bur there has been alot of companys promising products for thirdgens that never show up. there is only one choice for headers on a lsx swap so its not like we have choices. i hope you come thru with a good product but talk is cheap as they say!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:08 PM
FormerVendor

I understand the need for a immediate product. Unfortunately a lot of companies promise big and under deliver. I am truly working to creating the best and most reasonably priced product out there.

On top of all this I have a LS swap book called the “LS Conversion Handbook “ that is being sent off at the end of this month to HP books so keep an eye out for it on local bookshelf’s. .
Old 02-05-2010, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

please keep us posted on the progress of the thirdgen headers. I was actually going to call and ask when they were going to be made lol. i am personally looking for a good quality header for the thirdgen to work with the 4l60e. I also have a friend working on a swap but is using a t65 so when the time comes you will have 2 pairs sold here.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Any plans on a B-Body Conversion kit for 91-96 caprices/impala SS?
Old 02-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Launching!

I will be waiting on your 68-72 nova headers, engine mounts, oil pan. Think you do a kit for a discount over buying each piece separately?

Your pan looks nice from what I can see.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

do you guys offer mounts for ls1 in a 89 mustang?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billsnogo
I will be waiting on your 68-72 nova headers, engine mounts, oil pan. Think you do a kit for a discount over buying each piece separately?

i'm very interested as well....any eta???
Old 02-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Teching In

I noticed that you said ls1 rx7 mounts were on the list also?? i was wondering whats going on with these? if your fitment comes out good and the price is cheaper then the other companys and your turn around time isnt like 3+ months these would be a big hit on v8rx7forum.com

let me know whats going on with these mounts etc. i have a 1994 rx7 (fd3s) that ill be putting a 5.3 or LSx Into
Old 02-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by billsnogo

Yes, no, maybe.....
Old 03-04-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Update please on G-body headers.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

Default Fox body mustang mounts!!!

Hi RetroLSX,

It would be great if you could come out with some fox body mustang LSX mounts. LQ4's and other LS motors into a fox body are becoming a real popular swap now. The fox body is a light fast, bang for the buck, inexpensive to build drag car. Most guys are buying 280.00 AJE tubular k members with their 70.00 LSX mounts for this swap. Granted you do save 40lbs off the nose but at a cost of 350.00 total.

It would be great to just come up with some LSX motor mounts that bolt to the stock fox body mustang K member (the same for 1979 - 1993). These would sell like hotcakes.

I am personally about to start my build thread on my 1988 5.0 mustang with my LQ4, turbo and powerglide. And I do need motor mounts now. If you can come up with some I will buy right away and mention you in my build thread on this site and also my accompanying concurrrent build thread on "turbo forums.com, formerly turbomustangs.com" with tens of thousands of members.

The fox body mustang swap is getting very popular because you can get over 400 naturally aspirated hp easily with a cam and intake manifold swap on a 6.0 truck motor or any other LS motor. Add your favorite power adder and you instantly have 600, 700, 800, 900 flywheel hp in a budget build in a light 4 link car.

To make 400 hp with a small block ford costs mush much more. Thus the explosion in popularity for this swap. Please let me know about mounts as soon as possible and I will be happy to help promote your product. My turbocharged car will be an 1/8th mile drag only car aiming for high 5's in the 1/8th, and low 9's to high 8's in the quarter. I may consider putting the name of your company on my car too, but we can talk about that later. lol

Hpbob
Old 03-05-2010, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The AJE mounts are what to use in your application.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Default retro lsx D body ls conversion

Hey retro lsx, what do I need to convert my 1983 2 door Cadillac Fleetwood brougham RWD HT4100 V8 engine to an LS drivetrain? Do you have any kits for this vehicle? I know this is not a popular car to add an LS drivetrain, but I've been wanting to add more power to my Caddy. Originally I was going the LT1 route. I have a low mileage 96 Impala SS with an LT1 stock drivetrain. Love the power for a 14 year old car. Need advice and help. I live in Long beach, CA. Are you affiliated with any shops out here who can help me with this swap? Thanks again
Old 03-09-2010, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

It is exciting to see someone who has more work than theycan handle, but I Think we need to be bit more patient. I know I am waiting a lil while longer to get my funds back up. Like the idea of a sub 600 dollar header for stainless, mild steal would work nicely for me and my lil 5.3 in my TA. I am kinda curious if maybe in the future if you might be thinking about turbo headers too? Just throwing more ideas for ya to think off. By the way you offering jobs too? Lol just kidding.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:41 AM
FormerVendor

UPDATE on G-Body

Sorry guys I have been glued to word in order to make a Feb 28 of deadline for my LSX swap book. All I have left is to find a couple missing photos for book captions and it’s ready to get published. I have some shots of some options on the kits and am waiting on getting headers back from the manufactures. I will have ML headers ready finally by the end of the month. The G-Body long tubes headers are built and have been sent to be produced as with the S10 headers.

The kit will be able to be ordered this month as shown. This version of the mounts will reuse the OEM frame mounts that came originally on the G-body. We will sell these with or without the new OEM frame mount.

Poly versions of these kits are in the works and the development time on the bushing has been ever increasing so we decided to create two lines of products. This version will use a new frame stand and a new engine mount.

The production crossmembers will be bent high grade roll change tubing. The tube bending has been on back order so at this time we are offering our HD crossmembers only. The STD crossmembers wil be out in the near future.

The HD crossmember shown is what we install on all in-house LS swaps. This is a considerably stronger crossmember that offers the maximum clearance and strength. These will be offered at a premium and will be hand made at the time of the order.

The 6.0L engine is resting in the Monte Carlo with no mods to the floor pan.

We have a 6L90 going in a 1986 elky and floor mods will be needed on the new 6 speed autos

The LHX clears the tie rod links and offers no overhang under the frame.

The truck LY6 intake was very high and might need to be swapped to a LS3 intake…

We also tested out Painless Performances new VVT harness and trans controller kit. The kit work out perfect and install with ease. This is one of the few VVT harness kits and the only one that reuses the trucks OEM ECM and TAC pedal controls. The great part about using the truck ECM it can be tuned with HP tuners for a easy to retrofit VVT option.

Also the OEM A/C box works fine in the swap as well as the LS A/C Compressor
Old 03-10-2010, 08:54 AM
FormerVendor

Here is the S10 inside the frame header that we are working with Current Performance to develop. The headers here and should go out for production next week.

The ML headers should be back from the manufacturer this week hopefully in a production version.

I have several headers at the manufacture awaiting a Jig and production testing. Unfortunately I’m on their clock on these at this point.

I’m going into minor production at the shop until my mass produced parts are ready. I plan to offer a couple versions of each conversion kit for all budgets.

Also I might need some help getting some random photos for my LS swap book so keep an eye out for that thread this week if you have a ton of build up photos.

The RX7 and damn near anything with 4 wheels is on our list it just takes time to make and test a kit for all cars.

We even had a 80 BMW convertible dropped off for a full conversion at the install center!

We also just pulled in a 62-67 Nova for header and kit mock up and its on the lift this week for testing. It’s just a slow process to get rolling. Please be paint and I should be back to normal on the forums now that the book is done outside of finding pics.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:01 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Caddy83
Hey retro lsx, what do I need to convert my 1983 2 door Cadillac Fleetwood brougham RWD HT4100 V8 engine to an LS drivetrain? Do you have any kits for this vehicle? I know this is not a popular car to add an LS drivetrain, but I've been wanting to add more power to my Caddy. Originally I was going the LT1 route. I have a low mileage 96 Impala SS with an LT1 stock drivetrain. Love the power for a 14 year old car. Need advice and help. I live in Long beach, CA. Are you affiliated with any shops out here who can help me with this swap? Thanks again
I know some guys in CA but when i called them up the shop was slammed and did not want to take on any more swaps at this point. I have some local guys from ATL that are big into the 80s cars and that’s one that was threatened to be brought to the shop for a full install.

Also on these install it’s being done here local at Hot Rod Revolution who is working with me to develop these conversion components. So if you need a Turn Key install shoot me a PM or call the shop Manager Bart at 678 446 0653
The Mustang is on also on the list of cars to build we are just taking care of the high volume cars first.

The 68-74 Nova or 67-69 Camaro is a kit that is closer to production. I have the headers waiting to be built at the manufacturers. The oil pan has been tested and works great. We just are in a standstill with a custom bushing for the kits and it’s but this car on hold till I get my PST bushings in stock.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Can't wait to get those S10 Headers
Thanks for the update!!!!

Quick Reply: New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS