Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to the question about s-10/s-15 stuff. Anything in the works for a 4x4 ( or awd typhoon/syclone) I'd be interested in a pan/headers. I know it's not a huge demand item, so might not be on the list. But if you had them, I'd buy a set for sure.I'd even donate my Typhoon for you to use for mocking stuff up.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

I will be interested in your swap kit for the '73-'87 GM fullsize pickups and SUVs. Pretty soon I will be in the planning stages to swap a Vortec 6.0L and 4L80E into a K5 Blazer.

Scott
Old 12-13-2009, 06:13 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i could offer advice on the 82-92 f body headers, dont make them anywhere near the hawks/stainless works versions.
the headers are too tight in the tunnel. the end of the collectors aim right at the transmission crossmember. you about have to make a 90 degree bend or dent your exhaust pipe and hinder flow.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

any plans fo c3 corvette kits?
Old 12-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Just finished reading the interesting post/replies. Good information and will visit it often. I have done several Jaguar/GM V-8 conversions w/a lot of success. Now wanting to put a LS into my 85 Mercedes 380-SL. Anything been done here? The rear-sump oil pan and oil filter interferring w/the MB steering has been a problem but the small LS sup and intergral oil filter appears to be a solution?? Have gotten an oil pan and placed it into the engine bay and appears to clear the cross memeber and oiul filter appears to clear. Also, would like to go w/the ele auto OD. Would appreciate any and all info -- K Cobb in Forest City, NC jaguar1kc@yahoo.com
Old 12-14-2009, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

I will clear out the weekends PMs after I respond to this message.

The G-Body headers will work and will be tucked up higher with the use of the LHX oil pan that will have better ground clearance. The other companies kits were raised to offer better clearance with the low hanging oil pan and with our kits there will be no need for that. With the truck done The G-body is going back on the lift and we will have prototype kits and headers done by the end of Dec with production parts with be ready in Feb or late January if everything goes as planned. The kits will be out much sooner than the headers as well.

We have the Shop right in-between Exit 12-13 on HWY 9 here in GA. The shop is at

3111 Glen Wallace Suite C
Cumming, GA 30040

Also if anyone needs Sheet metal for their older GMs let me know I have the full line of sheet metal and can get these are extremely good prices that I cannot even list online! As well as having Grave robbers sheet metal installers next door.

You will have to get the O2 sensors cats and have no check engine lights. What year is the 240? We do have a pro-drift White 240 Z for sale at the shop that’s race ready… just not motor or trans the LS2 was taken out and put in a 66 Vette. As for opening the shop in this market, with the prices that “LS” parts sell for and what I have heard people paying for installs a quality product at a reasonable price seemed like a needed idea!
What’s the shape of the 240 you found?

The Office number is 678-807-7652 and my cell is 678-873-0847 just give me a call and we can talk about your swap.

The H-body is a killer car but unfortunately has limited demand I’m sure I will have some headers that will fit. As of right now I don’t have a car lined up for it. This could be an option down the road but the mainstream cars are going to be knocked out first.

I’ll ask around the shop about you Typhoon, I know we want an AWD/ 4WD kit for the S10s in the future. The LH8 or LHX pan should word fine on the swap and the mounts will be the same just the Cross member will be swapped up. If we did do it would be be Feb or later of next year we have a ton of cars already lined up for swaps/mock ups as of right now.

I do still need a Nova 68-74 with PS,PB,A/C for mock up that has never been hit.

The truck kit is done as of today and the headers were built this weekend so the kits ready and will be sent off to be prepped for mass production this week. We did use the adapter kits to bolt on the older T-case for the swaps. This is also a true bolt in kit.

I have heard that on the Hawks/SW headers and that they also will not work with a 4L60. We will also be making custom crossmembers for the swap and full exhaust systems for these cars so we will have complete options for these swaps.

The C3 prototype headers are done awaiting final fitment test, the kits are built and will work off the C3s that came with Manual trans. I do have a 76 Vette on the way to me that I will build the Auto based cars swaps off of.

As far at the Mercedes go, I myself have never seen one in person for a swap. Ill help in any way I can tho. Also the Owner of Jags that runs might be able to help. Which oil pan did you use. What engine/trans are you running?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I need someone to make a set of motor mounts to convert my 73 Lincoln 460 over to an LS7...
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RetroLSX
The truck kit is done as of today and the headers were built this weekend so the kits ready and will be sent off to be prepped for mass production this week. We did use the adapter kits to bolt on the older T-case for the swaps. This is also a true bolt in kit.
Could you post pics of this kit? Thanks in advance.

Scott
Old 12-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Teching In

another 3rd gen camaro guy waiting for a set of longtubes with y pipe to fit a 4l60e. i will be first to buy if they fit!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would let you use my 71 Nova.. but that's just too far to bring it by and drop it off for you.. LOL.. But with my order of the pan and waiting to see the install kit, I'll have one up and running here on the West Coast for you to have displayed in the NorCal area.. SF / Bayarea.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:56 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

I have heard that on the Hawks/SW headers and that they also will not work with a 4L60. We will also be making custom crossmembers for the swap and full exhaust systems for these cars so we will have complete options for these swaps.
while crossmembers are great, 90% of the 3rd gen world already has a umi or a spohn torque arm in their car.
it makes it near impossible to run a y pipe under it. i dont know your plans, but a crossmember that would also work with current suspension setups would be awesome.
i cut my collectors on mine back 3" so my exhaust guy could get a better bend to go under the spohn crossmember. its a real pita. an area that has never been addressed by the aftermarket. there are crossmembers available, but non that come with a torque arm mount on the front. may be too complicated, or wishful thinking, im just throwing it out there.
hate for you to design a product that sits on the shelf. the 3rd gen world is still very small in certain areas, even though there are tons of options out there for other areas of the car.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:32 PM
FormerVendor

I really appreciate all the input guys and think the enthusiast is the best resource to find and develop the best kind of product that works! I will look at the other components and try to make the most universal it I can. If not I can make custom or special variation upon the need. Also I will be making torque arm kits for older muscle cars as well. This is early in development but would use the cross member for a brace for a lot of swaps.

All LHX oil pans pre-orders shipped today and I will have tracking numbers once UPS picks up these items!
Only 19 left now…

I’ll take some pics of the truck kit, it turned out gorgeous and really will make these swaps easy using all the OEM mounting points for a true bolt in swap!

As for the 73 Lincoln thats one that i dont know if ill have anything for... Have you looked at the Car-Shop frame towers that can be welded to the frame? I just have no idea how that car is set up!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

I’ll take some pics of the truck kit, it turned out gorgeous and really will make these swaps easy using all the OEM mounting points for a true bolt in swap!
Thanks. You should look into becoming a vendor on coloradok5.com and on pirate4x4.com. The people there would get a kick out of these kits and become your customers as well.

Scott
Old 12-15-2009, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great news on the Pan's.. looking forward to receiving and doing trial fitting. I look forward to next looking over your 1st gen F-body and 68-74 X-body kits.. any pictures and info on them yet ?

Thanks

BC
Old 12-17-2009, 09:35 AM
FormerVendor

Here is a bolt in kit for the 4WD trucks that will let you use the OEM mounting points if you want to use The newer style transmissions with the old T-Cases. I will also sell just the mounts and the headers have already been built for the kit. I’ll have some off the car shots and more in the car late today. The kits will need to go out to be mass produced but its 100% bolt in.

Once these are in ready to sell in large numbers ill will def be posting on the sites thanks for the heads up.

Had a snag on the oil pans. The foundry had an issue that showed up after the pans were sent out. Re testing of the pan after the pan left showed a small issue that needed to be machined out. I was able to intercept all the pans that were shipped and will have the other pans prepped and resent ASAP by next week.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:33 AM
FormerVendor

Here are some more mock up photos that also show that the truck was level and that the motor sits in this 4WD in level.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for those pics. There's a company here in Cali that makes a few parts for swapping an LS series engine into the '73-'87 GM pickups and they use a custom made crossmember that goes below the engine. Its made out of DOM steel tubing like what it used to make roll cages. I noticed that you don't have a full replacement crossmember like that in those pics. Is one in the works?

Scott
Old 12-17-2009, 04:31 PM
FormerVendor

The kits will use the OEM crossmeber since it’s a 4wd swap for the strength. We use adapter brackets to mount the two pedestals for the transmission/ t case to mount.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

The kits will use the OEM crossmeber since it’s a 4wd swap for the strength. We use adapter brackets to mount the two pedestals for the transmission/ t case to mount.
OK, that makes sense now. Thank again.

Scott
Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Default Another 3rd Gen'er

Im also Interested in cost effective swap headers and mounts for a thirdgen. I was looking into BRP but the way they are designing the collector on their headers scares me about fitting around my TH400. The Hawks may fit but at 800$ id hate to order and hope. A set of mid length 1 3/4 headers may fix the clearance issue around transmissions . some 1 7/8 longtubes would be nice to see for us who intend on more drag then street duty as well.

Quick Reply: New Retro LSX conversion company Installs Kits Heades LHX oil pans and anythings LS