Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1984 Corvette "LS1" Engine Swap/Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new to ls1tech but been a member for just reading purposes.. im going to be doing the same thing as you.. i just picked up a 86 vette for 1k.. .. got lucky had blown head gaskets so time to take care of that weak tpi

picking up a ls2 from a 05 corvette on ebay its a long block hope to get it cheep and build it up.. nothign crazy.. just a stock motor with a stock looking corvette..

ill be following you on this project and will be more then willing to chime in if i find out anything as well..

you have plans on the wiring harness and adapting to the stock set of guauges? whats your plan there?
Old 02-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lopezisgod
you have plans on the wiring harness and adapting to the stock set of guauges? whats your plan there?
Yeah my plan is to give it to my dad and tell him to make it work

but seriously I have not looked into the integrating part yet. Will keep you updated when I work on that
Old 02-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im considering going with Dakota Digital gauge cluster. The stock one is hard to get parts for and really expensive to repair. Might as well put that money toward a custom unit made specifically for C4 vettes. They arent as expensive as you might think.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:03 AM
Launching!

Default woot

man nice project, I am in the younger category 19 woot. Got a 90 formula i am pulling home tomorow to start the lsx swap as well. Nice project bro keep us updated good progress so far,... you are gonna change the cam right? lifters? or at least that that gunky looking oil in them lifters wont be good might wanna change them out and pushrods to be safe man just a thought ya no well keep yourself warm man and keep us posted
Old 04-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

Alright guys well i didn't forget about you. I have been busy with school and lacrosse and the lack of money kind of stopped my progress all together, but now i am finally getting some progress done and hopefully will be able to post up some pics either later on tonight or tomorrow. Just hang in there
Old 04-30-2010, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

yo dude, i stumbled upon your thread today in connells graphics class lmao
Old 04-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Did you ever get the 4 plus 3 transmission to LS engine figured out?
Old 07-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Well lets get this thread moving in the right direction.... After many months of research, buying parts, sending them back, i think i have finally found stuff that will work.

Here is a 486 Bellhousing on the right and the stock one on the left.

The new bellhousing is for a 168 tooth flywheel and has the same mounting holes for my tranny. But there is a downside to this bellhousing, it needs an adapter since the bore is bigger than the stock bore. pictures of the adapter is below.

Here is the a Sachs fly wheel that is for my truck and a clutch kit for a 1979 Camaro

And now to assemble onto the engine.

Now that everything fits, i gotta check if everything is centered.

and once with the adapter ring

Everything seems to work and i dont need to move the bellhousing around at all so now time to test everything with the tranny.

Ring on the tranny

Inside the clutch fork hole

Now all that everything SEEMS to work on to the next part. the throw out bearing, the clutch fork, the pivot stud length, and mounting the slave cylinder. In the mean time my dad will hopefully get some work done on my harness for me so we can have it done before the fall
Old 07-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Launching!

dude nice, i just got done with a frankenstien slutch setup in my frnds 00 mustang gt. no fun but worked so yay just alot of frustration hope it works out for ya. looks as thought it will
Old 07-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Launching!

And nothing since a year ago.... Anyone know what happened? finished? sold? Abandoned?
Old 08-01-2011, 04:35 AM
TECH Resident

I wonder what happened to?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry guys about the lack of updates... This build was put on hold due to the lack of money and not enough time to work on it... Living away at college doesnt help the situation. This project will be done eventually and there is not much to post/update since its all little stuff and I decided since i have the engine out i might as well build it the way i want it to be built... for example new cam maybe heads etc.

If anyone has any questions on this type of swap just ask or email me at corylecce@yahoo.com (faster response lol)
Old 10-17-2011, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=eilax53;15516232]This project will be done eventually and there is not much to post/update since its all little stuff and I decided since i have the engine out i might as well build it the way i want it to be built... for example new cam maybe heads etc.QUOTE]

that's the way these projects always end up... good job so far and keep at it. it'll be well worth the headache when you are finished...

Quick Reply: 1984 Corvette "LS1" Engine Swap/Build