Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 intake on lq4

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 intake on lq4

Will everything from truck intake bolt on to ls1 intake off a 2000 vette fuel rails, inj, etc etc
Old 01-18-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

MAP sensor, injectors, TB with fit fine

Rail is intake specific, beware your truck will likely be a return style and the LS1 returnless

Coolant tubes will not fit in stock form, some have successfully bent them enough to clear. Ive always kinked them. Go LS1 or LS6, they are cheap enough

The truck TB upper PCV port is longer than the Fbody versions and will interfere with the throttle linkage. Channel locks will allow you to twist this upwards slightly to clear

Be aware of the accessory interference which is the biggest hang-up in this venture
Old 01-18-2010, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

So I need ls1 fuel rails and I will be fine? And what do you mean on accesery interference
I plan to use aero a1000 fuel pump and aero return style reg
Old 01-18-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

If you are using truck accessories the upper water pump outlet will hit the cruise control linkage and the idler pulley will interfere with the throttle body.

Someone makes an adapter to move the idler so the belt will work but I can't remember who makes it. It is something you could make yourself if you had fabrication experience.

If you are doing this for hood clearance, you need to ditch the truck accessories and buy or fab your own because the alternator will now be higher than the intake.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

I have a 2.5 hood on the car will that be enough to clear? I won't be using p/s or a/c
Old 01-18-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...ght=ls6+intake try here
Old 01-19-2010, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Well since I'm using cable all I have to do is trim down water neck to 3/4 of inch long and put in a 90 and but the speartech pulley re
location kit.

Now as far as injecters and fuel rails go, will I be able to use the stock truck inj and rails in the 97 vette ls1 intake or do I need to get ls1 inj and rails?
This is an intake off a lq4 not 5.3
Old 01-19-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by stewdy1
Well since I'm using cable all I have to do is trim down water neck to 3/4 of inch long and put in a 90 and but the speartech pulley relocation kit.
You don't need to trim the water neck, you just need to eliminate the cruise control lever from the TB - if you aren't going to use it. I don't like modding the water pump in case I am stranded in BFE with a dead WP. If that happens you will probably only have access to the most basic of tools.

Originally Posted by stewdy1
Now as far as injecters and fuel rails go, will I be able to use the stock truck inj and rails in the 97 vette ls1 intake or do I need to get ls1 inj and rails?
This is an intake off a lq4 not 5.3
Car intakes need car rails and injectors. If you have height issues (I assume this is the reason for the change) the rail itself will be too tall which doesn't really matter since the truck injectors won't fit the car intake.

Vette intakes do not have provisions for Drive By Throttle cables. You will need to make a bracket or find and insert the brass grommets in the holes to bolt it down. I stole mine from the truck intake I had.

Quick Reply: Ls1 intake on lq4