Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness/PCM for GenIV

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Harness/PCM for GenIV

I've been searching for some options about this for the last 2 days. I bought an 06 LH6 that came with the engine harness and PCM. My original plan was just to modify this harness myself and put a cable TB on it(there was no intake or TB on it). I've already purchased an LS1 intake and rails.

Now through my searching I've found people saying that you can't use a cable TB on a genIV because it doesn't have a provision for the sensors in the PCM. I think that means that this is the 58x. Others had switched to using an older harness and older computer(genIII). Namely the S10 conversion with the LH6. My concern was that I could of course sell off my harness and PCM etc and then purchase a stand alone harness and buy a 24x pcm but what about the DOD that's available on this engine? Will I have to remove it from the engine? Will it become inoperable? The other issue that came to mind was that this engine came with a 90mm throttlebody stock. However gm didn't make cabl TB's that big and I would literally be choking the engine by sticking on an ls1 78mm TB.

I guess my other option here could be to go ahead and make an attempt at modifying my harness and then buying an electric tb as well as finding the pedal assembly and electronics.

Cost wise I guess i'm looking at in option one:
$50 cable tb
$100 24x PCM
$450 standalone wiring harness
$600 total price minus what I get for selling my PCM and harness

or option 2
$150 DBW TB
$25 MSD injector convertor plugs(truck to ls1)
$0 mod my own harness
$200 pedal and electronics
$375 total price.

Any suggestions? The only problem with my harness is that i'm not sure if it's complete. Such as the plug rail for the injectors, i only found one and not the other.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

The pcm i have is an E40 (12606493) and that thing I thought was missing is the plug connector rail for the coil packs not the injectors.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

truck tb used for $75 ebay..maybe $100 tops..
pedel $50-75 ebay..
i think thats it,, it is better and simpler to stay with the dbw setup..less exspensive too,and keep the dod..etc...

does that have dod,,thought only 6.0 / 6.2 have that?.. could be wrong..

lh6 is 24 tooth from waht i googled
Old 01-24-2010, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

I got my info from the LH6 info thread on this forum here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-lh6-info.html

Now if I read that thread right the E40 controls the pedal signal and you no longer need a TAC for this unit. There are 2 auctions for c6 pedals on ebay right now for $25. I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet. After I did that pricing model like you said the DBW option sounds better. You get to keep all teh items designed for the engine and it costs less to boot. Anybody know if the C6 pedal will end up working? I see people have used the monte carlo pedals before.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by battsup
I got my info from the LH6 info thread on this forum here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-lh6-info.html

Now if I read that thread right the E40 controls the pedal signal and you no longer need a TAC for this unit. There are 2 auctions for c6 pedals on ebay right now for $25. I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet. After I did that pricing model like you said the DBW option sounds better. You get to keep all teh items designed for the engine and it costs less to boot. Anybody know if the C6 pedal will end up working? I see people have used the monte carlo pedals before.
If your E40 ECM is set up for Vette pedal then the Vette or Monte pedal should work. "should". Correct: no TAC required for E40. It is built in.

If your engine has a black crank sensor then it is a 24X and can use E40 ECM or LS1 PCM. If it has a grey crank sensor it is a 58X and will need an E38 or E67 ECM.

If it came with harness and E40 ECM then fair chance it is AOK and is all 24X.

And yes E40/E38/E67 must have the fly by wire throttle setup. Without the pedal and the electronic TB, the ECM is in worst case limp mode.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rsz288
If your E40 ECM is set up for Vette pedal then the Vette or Monte pedal should work. "should". Correct: no TAC required for E40. It is built in.

If your engine has a black crank sensor then it is a 24X and can use E40 ECM or LS1 PCM. If it has a grey crank sensor it is a 58X and will need an E38 or E67 ECM.

If it came with harness and E40 ECM then fair chance it is AOK and is all 24X.

And yes E40/E38/E67 must have the fly by wire throttle setup. Without the pedal and the electronic TB, the ECM is in worst case limp mode.
Ok thanks for all the detailed info. I really appreciate all the knowledge on this site. I found out late last nite that the TB I want (6.2l 90mm that came on the lh6 stock) won't fit on my ls1 intake because it is made for 4 bolt intakes. There's a guy locally that's selling a corvette tb which is supposed to be 90mm as well. Gotta find a way to wire that up with the connectors that we have.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Damnit, another snag. I thought I would have been able to purchase a 03+ truck tb for the time being to use with my ls1 intake. But I just went down there and checked and the connectors on the harness are 6 pin whereas the connectors on the 03+ truck tb are 8 pin. Is there a way to use the LS1 TB with genIV(LS2) connectors? Or alternatively use an LS2(geniv) tb on a LS1 intake. I see that there are companies that sell modified z06 intakes that accept ls2 tb's but was looking for more of an adaptor plate or something.

Quick Reply: Harness/PCM for GenIV