Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Data link connector...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Data link connector...

I was finally able to get the 6.0 bolted into the FJ this week, but I have run into one snag... the Data link connector. I actually went to the junk yard and cut out an entire under dash harness so that I could have a clean install of the ignition switch wiring and the DLC, well apparently at some point 2 of the DLC wires got cut, a Black/white, and a purple. There is also a solid black and the orange wire. I have been reading All Data trying to figure it out, but the purple wire isn't shown. I know the orange is just supposed to be hot all the time, and the black is a ground, and I believe the blk/wht is a ground as well??? I am VERY unsure as to what the purple wire needs to go to. I am actually thinking about just ditching the underdash harness I have and starting over b/c I don't think I need any of it, and it was already wired for an LS1, so a basically put constant power to orange wires, and switched power to pink wires, and it should work. But what about the DLC, can anybody tell me where the heck that purple wire needs to be hooked up. I really need you help with this guys! Without the DLC it can't be tuned, and without a tune, it won't run. Thanks in advance for the help. Oh, and for those who don't already know, its an LQ4 out of a 2003 Denali.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The black and the black/white are both ground wires. The purple wire will go to the pcm. I don't have the schematics for that engine or I could tell where it connects. If you have Alldata, you have a schematic that will show it.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pin 2 Purple on the DLC goes to Pin 58 Green on the PCM C1. Pins 4,5 are ground and 16 is power.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 294 Likes on 222 Posts

^^He got it..Pin 16 is constant power from the Battery..most cars have that wired on the Cig Lighter Circuit.
Pin 2 to the PCM, and Pin 4 & 5 to the Chassis.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Awesome! Thank you so very much guys. I will give it another look when I get back in town and have a chance to look at it. For some reason I just couldn't find it at all in All Data, it didn't show the purple wire... the computer schematics showed the 58 dark green wire you guys mentioned, but also a yellow wire at pin 59, and it says they both go to the DLC, so I didn't know which one to use.

One more question... I will be putting in a check engine light as well, does the computer send a ground signal (as in the light would need constant power) or a positive signal (as in the light just needing a ground) to function? I know the wire for the light is the Brown/white located at pin 46 in the c2 connector, just don't know if it is power or ground...

Thanks again for all of the help, I really do appreciate it!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 294 Likes on 222 Posts

Mostly everything in these cars is a ground..
Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah PCM grounds the MIL light. Fuel pump is B+ control everything else is ground controlled.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the help guys! Now I just need to go look at it and try to figure out which one is C1 ans which is C2 lol.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 145 Posts

C1 is the blue connector, C2 is the green.

Quick Reply: Data link connector...