Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Heard about or done an Lsx swap in a ranger....?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Heard about or done an Lsx swap in a ranger....?

Have a 99 ranger interested in doing a lsx swap....curious for ideas....? Anyone?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

well... just to throw this out there; there are plenty of guys modding ford headers at the flange for the heads to work with the lsx motors for the mudstain, er... mustang swaps and im sure there are v-8 headers available for the rangers. mounts would be simple enough if you have basic welding skills or a friend who does. Plenty of oil pans to choose from, you can get dimensions just searching the site, it would be easy enough to figure that out once you had a donor motor. And the wiring seems to be the same in most swaps; either pay for a custom harness or build one. Floor shift auto tranny would be easy enough, might have to get a new drive shaft. Gauges? well... dont know on that one but after market gauges are easy enough if the ford junk is a headache.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Here's one link I found. Not much help, but there's a picture of an LS1 in a Ford Ranger. The other links I found were Ford Fans denying that an LS1 can make that much power.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Skip Intro
The other links I found were Ford Fans denying that an LS1 can make that much power.
LOL Win.

Any first time swap is going to be an undertaking. Hope you have a spare vehicle!

Quick Reply: Anyone Heard about or done an Lsx swap in a ranger....?