Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRP mounts and header threads

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default BRP mounts and header threads

There used to be several threads here from BRP showing their mounts and headers but now I can't seem to find them. Were they deleted? I was looking for the one with the A body setup on a 64 GTO.

Don
Old 02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Looks like they were deleted because BRP is no longer a supporting vendor.

Don
Old 02-11-2010, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 596 Likes on 473 Posts

I posted to the owner his BRPhotrods site has typos/misleading info, yet he DOES NOTHING to fix it. Makes you wonder if he has his chit straightened out yet. And to be over priced too boot. This makes him look like a shaddy business IMHO. I hope RetroLSx start producing product soon.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
I posted to the owner his BRPhotrods site has typos/misleading info, yet he DOES NOTHING to fix it. Makes you wonder if he has his chit straightened out yet. And to be over priced too boot. This makes him look like a shaddy business IMHO. I hope RetroLSx start producing product soon.
He already has stated producing products. Check out his oil pan. Very nice piece. I know. I bought one. I am waiting for Shawn at RetroLSX to come out with headers for the G body. I don't believe that Shawn will mislead us like BRP. Rich
Old 02-12-2010, 08:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TURBO BUICK
He already has stated producing products. Check out his oil pan. Very nice piece. I know. I bought one. I am waiting for Shawn at RetroLSX to come out with headers for the G body. I don't believe that Shawn will mislead us like BRP. Rich
His pan does look very good but it is too thick at the front use with Edelbrock mounts as near as I can tell. I am guessing it will be a year or more before he releases mounts and headers for a 64-67 A body. Because of the thickness of his pan they will probably be similar to the BRP mounts.

Don
Old 02-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Launching!

ive got brp headers/mounts on my 69 camaro. no problems getting the stuff or w/fitment. my midlength headers fit like they were suppose to, mounts went in where they were supposed to.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

im also runnin their mounts on my 70 elcamino.....fit great (welded them) and when i was going to order a lh8 oil pan from them they told me to go to sdpc2000 to get it.....saved me $50
Old 02-12-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too, have the BRP mounts for my 71 chevelle. They fit great for my iron 6.0L Im putting in. good clearance front and rear. Im using the Edelbrock headers.

Rick
Old 02-17-2010, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

i have been reading on the s10 forums and read that brp is making the muscle rod line for hedman.....full kits for s10's
Old 02-18-2010, 07:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
BRP is a great company, selling great products to a niche market, that few others can duplicate, in price and quality. Me and my friends all have used BRP kits & other parts, with absolutely no issues whatsoever. Well, I take that back. One piece to a kit I had ordered was back-ordered for 3 days, but shipped immediately. Are you aware of Shawns previous employment with BRP? They taught him much of what he does today. Without going into the details, Shawn did not leave BRP on good terms.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Headman builds all the headers for BRP. There Motor mounts are top notch but their trans crossmembers need to be reengineered. I had to hack my up to make it fit properly. Not just a minor hack job either. The LH8 pan works good but hangs low. I really like the new pan from retro but like Bill Gates and DOS there is something that smells funny about who, what, where, and how that pan came to be.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jashell1562
...but like Bill Gates and DOS there is something that smells funny about who, what, where, and how that pan came to be.
Funny is an understatement. This pan subject should be over on Shawns thread, "New Retro LSX Conversion Company",...
Old 02-18-2010, 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

The LHX pan is based on a LH8 so it does have a front sump similar to the one of the LH8 and will not work with some plate kits that place the motor low in the frame.

BRP threads were deleted due to 2 years of being on the site without paying sponsor dues.

I did use to work at BRP and left on bad terms on both party’s for several reasons and it’s not something I think needs to be splatter on the forums. Since I have started my own company I have heard rumors about me to the point that I put his website in Chinese! Lol so take it for what it’s worth.

The BRP kits are not a bad product it just had a lot of room for improvement and are sold at a high price without any test fits after they go into production.

The hedders from Hedman are top notch products and I am on good terms with the guys at Hedman.

As far as BRP taught me all I know goes a little much. I have been a part of the LS hobby for a long time and even have my own LS Swap book coming out from HP books very soon. When I started BRP used OEM SBC rubber mounts welded to spacers and steel plates mated to a OEM BBC Chevelle frame mounts. Me and Bart Johnson the owner of Hot Rod Revolution were the main part of creating the poly kits now sold. Bart who uses to work at BRP as well was the creator of this ploy style mount and now runs a full install center for all LS conversions. My company and Bart’s company have been working together to create a new product line of conversion kits and stainless headers. The line I am working on is about ½ the cost over a BRP kit with considerable advantages over any current kit on the market. I have a lot of input from LS1tech members and people who have done these conversions to create something I think everyone will be able to use. This is America everyone has a right to go out and create better products. GM, Ford, Chrysler and Toyota and all others offers cars that are claimed to be the best but in the end it’s up the consumers to pick the one that they feel is the best option.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's nothing funny about Shawn's Oil Pan. This was conceived in June of 09, totally independent of any parts supplier or outfitter. We contacted several folks for their feedback on our product and Shawn (at the time with BRP) showed great interest in it and saw the potential for the design and application. We at JZ Motorworks felt there was enough interest in the product to put it into final production. It's manufactured in our home town. It's with the help of guys like Shawn promoting this product that enthusiasts have a new choice for their retrofits. Shawn is currently working on mounting options using our pan as the base. Shawn is no longer with BRP and we have not heard from BRP regarding our pan since he left. Give Shawn a call with any further questions.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

Default CarShopInc.com LS Cast Aluminum Conversion Oil Pan

Originally Posted by mantycarguy
There's nothing funny about Shawn's Oil Pan. This was conceived in June of 09, totally independent of any parts supplier or outfitter. We contacted several folks for their feedback on our product and Shawn (at the time with BRP) showed great interest in it and saw the potential for the design and application. We at JZ Motorworks felt there was enough interest in the product to put it into final production. It's manufactured in our home town. It's with the help of guys like Shawn promoting this product that enthusiasts have a new choice for their retrofits. Shawn is currently working on mounting options using our pan as the base. Shawn is no longer with BRP and we have not heard from BRP regarding our pan since he left. Give Shawn a call with any further questions.
Since you are a vender, are you a LS1Tech sponsor? If not, you should be. www.CarShopInc.com has a nice cast aluminum S-10 LS conversion oil pan for $280.00 on their website. How does this pan compare to your pan, besides price I mean?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The pan from Carshop you are looking at for 280 dollars is the Hummer H3 pan. He also carries the retrofit pan that we produce. Give Tim a call and he can fix you up one way or another. Tried early on to become a sponsor here but was unable to connect with the proper people. Our pan is only 5.5 inches deep in the rear and will not hang down below your crossmember. The LH8 will probably be at least 2 inches below that level. Our pan retains stock oil filter mounting provisions and comes with a custom pickup tube, pan baffle,oil cooler cover plate and drain plug and is cast aluminum with the same specs as the OE pans.This pan is made entirely here in the USA.

Last edited by mantycarguy; 02-19-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Quick Reply: BRP mounts and header threads