Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRP Muscle Rod's LS swap header's a joke

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not fond of BRP's customer service either. I bought a part from them that they said would fit and when it didn't, they just ignored me. I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong or if I should modify something, so I was just asking what I should do. I emailed twice, but no reply. It wasn't an expensive part, so I just let it go. But I won't bother buying from them again unless I really have to.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by team39763
I'm not fond of BRP's customer service either. I bought a part from them that they said would fit and when it didn't, they just ignored me. I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong or if I should modify something, so I was just asking what I should do. I emailed twice, but no reply. It wasn't an expensive part, so I just let it go. But I won't bother buying from them again unless I really have to.
Ya I hear ya. I bought the 1 7/8 long tubes $760 shipped and they told me they would work with my mounts i had then they didn't and told me all they could to was tell me to buy the $500 mount kit they have...BS!!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 589 Likes on 467 Posts

I pointed out to BRP about a error in their 2nd gen f-body section that is common knowledge and told him it mad his co. look bad and misleading. Its still unfixed. 6 months or so later. I am glad I decided NOT to use his headers nor mount kit.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if someone told you it will fit over the phone and now it doesn't just call your credit card company, They will be happy to put the money back on your card. After that you will have no problem returning the headers without any fee's
Old 04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Krom;13221578]if someone told you it will fit over the phone and now it doesn't just call your credit card company, They will be happy to put the money back on your card. After that you will have no problem returning the headers without any fee's[/Quote

To me it's not about the money, I could care less about that it's about the integrity of the company and the product. At my shop we do whatever it takes to make the customer happy and for that we have a good rep and people keep coming back. We don't tell our customer's to basically go F... yourself's
Old 04-22-2010, 12:23 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
I pointed out to BRP about a error in their 2nd gen f-body section that is common knowledge and told him it mad his co. look bad and misleading. Its still unfixed. 6 months or so later. I am glad I decided NOT to use his headers nor mount kit.
Which design of the kit was that? I helped a friend install a LS1 in his 2nd gen with their first design kit that had the older sbc style mounts with adapter plates. That thing sucked. There was slop everywhere. The motor mount bolt holes were slotted, the clammshell part of the mount was at least 3/8" bigger than the part that it fit over (they told him he could shim it with washers once he positioned the engine). I understand that they have to account for production tolerances.......but the mounts didn`t line up with any of the holes in the frame.......you had to drill them anyway. And to top it off they didn`t even include bolts to bolt the mounts to the frame. When my friend called and asked WTF? They said "well most people weld the mounts in because once you put a LS1 in there no one`s ever going to swap back"

I scratch built the mounts for my brothers 5.3L 78 buick and it took me less time to get that engine in and mounted than it took to install their kit.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM me and I will take them off your hands. I am in the middle of my 67 camaro swap and I went with the Brp mounts and oil pan. I am pleased with what I have so far and def don't want to buy another set of headers and they not fit. I am def gonna buy a set of theirs to make sure I don't have an issue with fitment. Let me know if you want to sell them. Good luck
Old 09-05-2013, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jasony82
PM me and I will take them off your hands. I am in the middle of my 67 camaro swap and I went with the Brp mounts and oil pan. I am pleased with what I have so far and def don't want to buy another set of headers and they not fit. I am def gonna buy a set of theirs to make sure I don't have an issue with fitment. Let me know if you want to sell them. Good luck
This thread is 3 yrs old...

Quick Reply: BRP Muscle Rod's LS swap header's a joke