Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor mounts an header? ls1 in 69 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 04:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question motor mounts an header? ls1 in 69 camaro

ok i was thinkin bot usin the hooker header motor mount plate that they say u need to use for there hooker headers! i was goin to use the long tube ones.
Has anyone use this set up yet an their cars i would hopin they well clear the streerin box, an shaft, an no cut the floor pans? an i was goin to use the brphotrods.com oil pan didnt know if i need to thow that in here.
thanks for any help i love this site
Old 03-15-2010, 06:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

bump it up for the earlyer birds
Old 03-16-2010, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

come on people plz help hehe
Old 03-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

I have this set up in my 67 which should be the same as the 69. I am using a 3rd gen box (which is either the same size of larger than the original power gear box) and the headers clear fine. I will say the mounts position the engine very close to the firewall so this may or may not be a concern for you. Good luck.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Blue67LS2
I have this set up in my 67 which should be the same as the 69. I am using a 3rd gen box (which is either the same size of larger than the original power gear box) and the headers clear fine. I will say the mounts position the engine very close to the firewall so this may or may not be a concern for you. Good luck.
thanks buddy i just have heard that with this set up the power streering pulley are the belt hits the a arm on the upper wheel. so people had to go with a front drive accy. kit are go with the c5 drive kit would u know anything bot this also are what accy. drive are u runin the stock are aftermaket
thanks
Old 03-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

I'm running the C5 accessory kit. The power steerirng pully is close to the upper bolt that secured the a arm but you can siply cut it off got clearance of put a smalller puller on. Either way, its not a big deal.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow - I got a serious headache trying to decipher this thread. But I do have a question for Blue67. Do you have enough room at the back of the engine with Hooker mount plates to route the engine harness between the engine and firewall? Where did you locate the ECM? I am ready to buy some mount plates for my '69 Nova, and I like the sound of keeping it back as far as possible to leave room for the compressors.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

would u all know if the camaro accessory kit will work fine with out the a/c on it i would told that it would but dont want to go with just one yes u know lol
Old 03-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

I am running the PCM inside on the passenger side with a final mounting place to TBD. I have the engine in place and there is room for the harness behind the engine, but it is very tight. Others have said they have more room near the firewall and I can't really figure out why that would be the case? I have a smoothed firewall and I can't image this combination would ever clear the heater core pipes otherwise. Plenty of room on the driver side, but not so much behind the rear of the passenger side head. See pics for more info.

As far as the F-body drive system you're pretty much limited to the BRP mounts if you want to retain the factory A/C. Even then I believe you have to notch a section of the frame for clearance. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails motor mounts an header? ls1 in 69 camaro-dsc02439.jpg   motor mounts an header? ls1 in 69 camaro-dsc02033.jpg   motor mounts an header? ls1 in 69 camaro-dsc01833.jpg  
Old 03-22-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am running the PCM inside on the passenger side with a final mounting place to TBD. I have the engine in place and there is room for the harness behind the engine, but it is very tight. Others have said they have more room near the firewall and I can't really figure out why that would be the case? I have a smoothed firewall and I can't image this combination would ever clear the heater core pipes otherwise. Plenty of room on the driver side, but not so much behind the rear of the passenger side head. See pics for more info.

As far as the F-body drive system you're pretty much limited to the BRP mounts if you want to retain the factory A/C. Even then I believe you have to notch a section of the frame for clearance. Good luck.
man those heads are rite on the firewall aint they wow. so u did use the hooker header motor mounts? thats goin to be a tight fit but guess i got to so i can use the hooker headers long tube tho.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Default check out my thread

Most of your questions could be answered on either pro-touring.com or lateral g-net. Perform a search on LS3 Transplant.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Blue67LS2...what headers and mounts are you using?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Hooker - headers and mounting plates.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hooker - headers and mounting plates.
thanks for ur help bule67ls2 am goin with the hooker header an motor plates. also halfer seen ur pics thanks alot buddy. one more quesiton did u have ur wire harness done are did u do it? an if u had it redone who an were an how much? thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used s&p mounts and stainless works headers. f -body drive system without ac. mike
Old 03-25-2010, 06:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 69blackwidow
i used s&p mounts and stainless works headers. f -body drive system without ac. mike
so ur accs. drive system worked in the k-member? the stock drive system! thats a big help that will save me bot 400.00.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

yes, stock drive systeam, had to put allen head cap bolts in steering box to be on the safe side with the one tube of the headers. also used the stock 350 auto trans cross mount with my tko600 with no issues mike
Old 03-25-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes, stock drive systeam, had to put allen head cap bolts in steering box to be on the safe side with the one tube of the headers. also used the stock 350 auto trans cross mount with my tko600 with no issues mike
hey man thanks an i have the tko 600 also it behide a 454 i was hopin the cross member would still work for my swap. i know the hooker mounts set the ls1 back some. like the other guy said in the thread. so i am hopin it works out. what fuel system did u go with?
Old 03-26-2010, 05:39 AM
On The Tree

my ls is about 1inch from the firewall. put in a 96 impala ss gas tank. called one of the companies that make fuel line and had the make me a 69 camaro fuel line with the fuel inject ends,vette fuel filter reg,turned the fuel rail around to pass side. i think i might have to put a better fuel pump on, don`t know if i am gett`in the right fuel pressure with that pump out of the impala
Old 03-26-2010, 06:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

my ls is about 1inch from the firewall. put in a 96 impala ss gas tank. called one of the companies that make fuel line and had the make me a 69 camaro fuel line with the fuel inject ends,vette fuel filter reg,turned the fuel rail around to pass side. i think i might have to put a better fuel pump on, don`t know if i am gett`in the right fuel pressure with that pump out of the impala
wow u had to do some homework on that one uh. i heard i could use the vette fuel filter reg. but i got a good deal on a vette fuel rail with the return line on it. so am goin to use it an i have a a1000 pump an i had fixed my gas tank like a fuel cell. i wanted a return line at the motor so i have cold fuel at the motor all the time u know an keep my pump cooler. do u know any one that has done this setup.

Quick Reply: motor mounts an header? ls1 in 69 camaro