Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell me this is going to fit.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Speed
Wow I can't believe you got that to fit.. nice job... Was there that much play in the mount rubber?
Quite a bit of play, I bolted the passenger side in place and used my hoist to lift just that side....it brought the rubber up a bit for the passenger to fit close......then after three hours of wrestling with it I was able to get the drivers bolt in.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 600 Likes on 476 Posts

Default Wrestling wit it

Originally Posted by 1976CamaroGuy
Quite a bit of play, I bolted the passenger side in place and used my hoist to lift just that side....it brought the rubber up a bit for the passenger to fit close......then after three hours of wrestling with it I was able to get the drivers bolt in.
But the important thing is.... YOU WON !!!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default trans dipstick

Originally Posted by 1976CamaroGuy
Do you know what trans dipstick that is? Yr too?
thanks,
Jim
Old 04-11-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^looks like a 93-02 camaro dipstick. Of course I could be wrong
Old 04-11-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got it off eBay, universal - supposed to be for the 700r4 / 4L60e tranny...cost me around $20

The only thing is there isn't a provision in the block to attach it (it's the blank spot on the motor where the bellhousing mounts). You'll have to get creative there...my guess this was for pre-gen III motors.

I insterted a smaller bolt backwards in the tranny bell housing hole until it fit snug (stuck out backwards) then attached the tube like you normally would and bolted it down with a matching nut...worked great.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

That motor mount plate design is crap. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you add 3/8" (or whatever) thickness to each side of the engine the mounts will obviously be out further and not lineup well. The engine is a V-shape, so if you add a plate which will make it wider, you have to drop the holes for the engine mount a corresponding distance to make it all end up just as wide as when you started. See the difference in the 3 bolt standard mount location on these two sets of plates??

First the ones you bought..

and a better example from CarshopINC for reference...

Old 04-11-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default plates

Originally Posted by MeanYellowZ
That motor mount plate design is crap. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you add 3/8" (or whatever) thickness to each side of the engine the mounts will obviously be out further and not lineup well. The engine is a V-shape, so if you add a plate which will make it wider, you have to drop the holes for the engine mount a corresponding distance to make it all end up just as wide as when you started. See the difference in the 3 bolt standard mount location on these two sets of plates??

First the ones you bought..

and a better example from CarshopINC for reference...

I wondered if thats why the carshop plate mounting holes were offset. Makes sense. Maybe thats why one LS1resadent said he used BBC stands. They are shortter. I have both SBC & BBC stands, so I will wrestle with it. No biggie. ( Getting into my wrestling stance)

Quick Reply: Tell me this is going to fit.....