Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crainholio
newbie opinions are important.
who cares how long you have been on here
Old 05-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

I recommend Bryan at pcmforless.com

Has tuned about 10 cars for me and my friends, with mail order and I have never had a problem!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What difference does it make if I joined yesterday or an hour ago, the point is, regardless if his experience was good or bad, you shouldn't go out and attack the dude.... Do you know him? Did you see it for yourself? Just remember this an old fool was first a young fool..... Was the way you handled it any better than the way he did? It was worst to me because you went off on the dude and do not know all of the facts. I m not new to it it bra, I am true to it.....
Old 05-05-2010, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

He did my tune and it started up right away and ran great. I was happy about that but I did have to send it back to have the torque management turned off that I originally said to turn off but it works now. I dont know if I would send another one to him or not.
I probably would but who else does a tune for 75 bucks and will retune it for 10 bucks everytime after??
Old 05-06-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I work in the medical field, and I see doctors who disagree with other doctors on diagnosis/treatment. Doesn't mean either doctor is either incompetent or the World's Leading Expert, just that they have differing approaches.

You didn't mention who your tuner is, or what specifically he believed to be wrong w/ the "fueling table" which I assume is the Volumetric Efficiency map. It's therefore not possible to judge the accuracy of your complaint.

Your use of profanity as well as incorrect nomenclature (It's a Powertrain Control Module, not an "emc" or "ecm") makes it difficult to believe your credibility.

I can see that it's possible to successfully mail-order tune a PCM if enough data exists, and the induction/exhaust components are known, but I still wouldn't put a car on the track without direct wideband O2 based tuning.

Wait4Me's prices are much lower than dyno and wideband 02 tuning rates, so to get a car in basic running shape I would say he's offering a good product.
Well I don't know anything about tuning. But my tuner showed me the graph thing for the fuel on the ECM that Jesse did and the graph for my syclone. His was tiny compared to mine and I was told that it has to do with the fine tuning to get the idle and driveablity good. Oh, and YES it is a ECM. The computer is ONLY controlling the engine for me which would not make it a PCM, so you can bite you tongue there. If I did put emc instead of ECM it's because I do all of this on my phone.

Originally Posted by cam
Everyone screws up thats not the issue. Its when the same issue thats been screwed up crops up again and again it starts to smell bad...

x2

For all you know, he could be the smartest person here

Originally Posted by extremetoy
who cares how long you have been on here
X2

Originally Posted by wdw1979lt1
I recommend Bryan at pcmforless.com

Has tuned about 10 cars for me and my friends, with mail order and I have never had a problem!
this thread is to talk about problems, not to plug other companies but I guess the whole thread is heading all over the place
Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bozzhawg
What difference does it make if I joined yesterday or an hour ago, the point is, regardless if his experience was good or bad, you shouldn't go out and attack the dude.... Do you know him? Did you see it for yourself? Just remember this an old fool was first a young fool..... Was the way you handled it any better than the way he did? It was worst to me because you went off on the dude and do not know all of the facts. I m not new to it it bra, I am true to it.....
If you're done rhyming, point out where I attacked the poster or anyone else other than yourself.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by eviltwin_1987
Well I don't know anything about tuning. But my tuner showed me the graph thing for the fuel on the ECM that Jesse did and the graph for my syclone. His was tiny compared to mine and I was told that it has to do with the fine tuning to get the idle and driveablity good.
You could have stopped at your first sentence, the rest is gibberish.

Oh, and YES it is a ECM. The computer is ONLY controlling the engine for me which would not make it a PCM, so you can bite you tongue there.
The people who manufactured it call it a PCM, but you're evidently way smarter than them. Maybe you should get out your crayons and draw a sticker for it.

Last edited by crainholio; 05-06-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:35 AM
TECH Addict

For all you know, he could be the smartest person here
Based on visible indicators such as spelling, grammar, and reasoning, I would say that is unlikely.

Look dude, I wish your car ran perfectly. If it is proven that a bad PCM configuration is causing your problems, then by all means bash the guy who did it.

But coming on here with hear-say from an unnamed source, and no personal knowledge of the component in question, is just not productive.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

he flashed my ecu on my elky....it runs like **** and the motor is stock...so im not sure what the deal is....runs fine with the maf unplugged and the sensor is still good...(i switched it into my 2003 yukon)....im having mike norris check everything over on it as soon as he answers his phone....

the problem with jesse.......he tuned my buddys tbss and it went 14.10's @ 98mph before jesse's tune (we went to warsaw to his house then his shop...this was not a mail order tune) with a superchips programer...now it wont even get out of the 14.30's....its awd and it falls on its face from a dig....way to much timing if you ask me....me ecu has 50 degrees with no load.....

anyways....he wont answer his phone or return calls....his voice mail now says nothing instead of saying wait 4 me performance.....idk...he just needs to run a business or quit tuning and acting like he runs one.....ANSWER YOUR PHONE !!!

Last edited by 70cartruck; 05-06-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wait4me

I have only good things to say about Jesse's capabilities. I was having driveability problems with the GMPP LS3 480 hp engine and E67 controller in my 85 Monte. The engine made lots of power but wanted to die coming back to idle and surged at steady state in the 2000rpm range. I couldn't find a tuner in TN familiar w/ the newer generation controllers with virtual VE tables.

We towed up to Warsaw, IN and met Jesse at his shop after regular business hours. He had originally allowed an hour, but ended up spending at least three. All the above problems were corrected, and for the original quoted price.

The Monte was strapped down to a brand new appearing Mustang chassis dyno, and ended up putting down 458 rwh 448 rwt through Gen 4 Camaro exhaust manifolds and 2.5" Pypes "X pipe" exhaust system. I thought this was pretty good for a stock crate motor given the exhaust system.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And you feel a touch of arrogant superiority adds to your credibility?

Let’s see, everything spelled right, correct grammar, no profanity, I even used correct punctuation and capitalization. Guess my point must be more valid than yours.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood

Let’s see, everything spelled right, correct grammar, no profanity, I even used correct punctuation and capitalization. Guess my point must be more valid than yours.
The grammer is incorrect, since you shouldn't start a sentence with the word "And".
Old 05-06-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte_LS3
I have only good things to say about Jesse's capabilities. I was having driveability problems with the GMPP LS3 480 hp engine and E67 controller in my 85 Monte. The engine made lots of power but wanted to die coming back to idle and surged at steady state in the 2000rpm range. I couldn't find a tuner in TN familiar w/ the newer generation controllers with virtual VE tables.

We towed up to Warsaw, IN and met Jesse at his shop after regular business hours. He had originally allowed an hour, but ended up spending at least three. All the above problems were corrected, and for the original quoted price.

The Monte was strapped down to a brand new appearing Mustang chassis dyno, and ended up putting down 458 rwh 448 rwt through Gen 4 Camaro exhaust manifolds and 2.5" Pypes "X pipe" exhaust system. I thought this was pretty good for a stock crate motor given the exhaust system.
480HP LS3 crate putdown 458rwhp? The Hotcam LS3 is rated 480HP at the crank.....

458HP with %15 valvetrain loss would be 538HP at the crank.... If it did 538HP that is an amazing tune, because I have yet to see a 110HP gain from the GM Hot cam...... You must have some other mods.......??????????????????
Old 05-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a 07 E67 ECM that I sent out 3 time that wouldn't start. I used HPT on it. The customer had Jesse do it with EFILive and the car started just fine. HPT never did get back to me on the patch issue. Now on the 06 E67 for the same type of setup the patch that HPT has worked fine.

I have talked to Jesse on the phone and he seems much less arrogant than some other tuners. He has helped me out before.
I have seen some of his older work and I would question if he would still do the same thing. To me it made very little sense.

I have seen a 454 tune that he did and in the timing area he only changed the timing over 6000.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Coming from somebody claiming to have a "Georotor pump" I'm not too worried about your opinion on things. (Now that's a case of arrogant superiority, in case you were wondering...)
Old 05-06-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by poconojoe
The grammer is incorrect, since you shouldn't start a sentence with the word "And".
http://languagestyle.suite101.com/ar..._or_and_or_but

Coming from somebody claiming to have a "Georotor pump" I'm not too worried about your opinion on things. (Now that's a case of arrogant superiority, in case you were wondering...)
Must be an interesting world you live in.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

grammar? are you guys serious. Come on now lets get along lol. I dont care its nearly impossible to do a mail order tune and have it 100% perfect.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Must be an interesting world you live in.
We have books. You can read them and gain knowledge. Join us and learn the difference between a positive-displacement gerotor pump and what you believe to be a "Georotor pump."

Last edited by crainholio; 05-06-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by transam150
grammar? are you guys serious. Come on now lets get along lol. I dont care its nearly impossible to do a mail order tune and have it 100% perfect.
There's the truth, grammar wasn't the point and it's a waste of time. My bad for bringing it into the conversation.

It is possible to get a car running decently via mail order if the buyer provides good detail, and the seller gets it in the ballpark.

One or both of these requirements appear not to have been met in the cases this thread has brought to the surface. It will be good to see how this ends, and what can be learned from it.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Banned

Sorry, but it doesn't say it's proper grammer, it just say now days its accepted.

Quick Reply: Have a Wait4me mail order tune problem? please check in