Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

63 belair ls conversion,supercharged!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 928 motorsports compressor wheel upgrade

just put in some new bearings a new belt and a new compressor wheel by 928 motorsports claims 20%more boost install went great also modified the case to let some cooling air in and the heat out of the case.could only get 4.5# of boost before hope to get some boost #s after this weekend.seems to feel good but still having tranny problems. I will post up picts soon.with any luck we can throw it on the dyno at the car craft nationals.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Default powerdyne rebuild and upgrade

just finaly got back on the belair bought the new impeller from 928 motorsports hopfully it does what they claim it does. the claims are 20% more boost. the charger was only putting out 4.5 # of boost . I decided to make some mods to the case so I drilled 1/2 holes to give it some airflow through the case and to let the heat out. hopefully this new upgraded belt will not blow out again anytime soon.hoping to have the car on the dyno next weekend to see any improvments.

little side by side comparison

Old 07-16-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Default carcraft nationals!

hope to see some of you guys out there we will be there all weekend.hope to get some dyno time sometime this weekend.hoping for at least 430 to the wheels.wish me luck.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Regular

holly cr@p were does the time go. trying to get this build back on track. I have a couple of updates since my last post. brought the car to the dyno and still having problems making boost. put down 400 to the rear wheels again with 6# dropping off to 5# I don,t know if the operators just were holding back because it was at 5000 rpms. for peak hp.just feels good to get it back on the road. decided to get a few other things done like remodel my house and shop. and just keep driving the car for a while.
here is a link to some of this building and remodeling and you will see why it is taking so long.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=48204
took a little break on the shop and decided to get more done on the car. built a trailer hitch to pull the pop up camper with.here is some picts. of that.

the hitch is completely hidden when not in use.license plate is hinged for access to receiver.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Nice build man seen it a few years back keep up the good work
Old 12-21-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

here is what the hitch looked like before putting the trim on to hide everything.

put the hitch on to tow the camper trailer up to Brainerd to run in the power cruise.the goal was to go and road race it pulling the camper up with it.drag race and pull the camper home. some things happened others did not.

also put some more comfortable seats in the back so the kids could be a little happier in the back.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2sslow2win
Nice build man seen it a few years back keep up the good work
thanks for the kind words hope to really get rolling on the car in the next week so stay tuned for alot more changes.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:09 PM
On The Tree

Cant wait to see more.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Me too.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

woa! awesome build here!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:25 AM
10 Second Club

Awsume build!!!! Why did a crap load of people right on it
Old 12-22-2011, 06:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice build, you do very nice work! If you get tired of that Powerdyne and it's inherit belt problems, give me a call and I'll make you a great deal on a ProCharger. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-26-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by E.rodz
thanks for the kind words hope to really get rolling on the car in the next week so stay tuned for alot more changes.
Originally Posted by nos487
Cant wait to see more.
don't worry there is alot more to come.

Originally Posted by Monte4ever
Me too.
more coming up soon.

Originally Posted by zacht
woa! awesome build here!!!
thanks for the interest more coming soon.

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Nice build, you do very nice work! If you get tired of that Powerdyne and it's inherit belt problems, give me a call and I'll make you a great deal on a ProCharger. Bob
pm me on a charger might be interested thinking on going twin turbo.but anything is possible

Originally Posted by Chased
Awsume build!!!! Why did a crap load of people right on it
The whole idea of letting people signing it was for people to give input on what they would do to the car if money was unlimited and they wanted to make the coolest car in the world. feel free to add suggestions of what you would do with the car.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Looking good!! The hitch turned out real clean.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also put some more comfortable seats in the back so the kids could be a little happier in the back.

Man what an awesome build!!! Great craftsmanship!!!

If you dont mind, could you tell me what the rear bucket seats come out of or are they aftermarket?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tsnow678
Man what an awesome build!!! Great craftsmanship!!!

If you dont mind, could you tell me what the rear bucket seats come out of or are they aftermarket?
the seats are out of a 2005 gto rear seats the fronts have not been installed yet
Old 12-29-2011, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

after mocking up the motor and tranny about a dozen times I machined a set of custom adapter mounts to accept a set of off the shelf poly motor mounts for a sm. block chev.and decided the motor needed to be lower.swapped out the truck pan for a f body pan,pickup and windage. started looking at the front drive acc.set up and after deciding that the motor is really ugly with the truck intake. I picked up a ls6 intake then found out the front drive set up for the truck was not going to work.ended up with a corvette front drive system.I custom made the brackes for the a/c comp.

ended up taking about two and a half inches out of the crossmember to drop the motor down far enough.

decided at this point to make the car stear and handle better so stumled on a rack and pinion that steered from the center. ha this was just what the doctor ordered.
Can u please share the info on the rack and pinion? I'm doing the conversion in my 61 impala and having issues finding one that will werk. Thanks
Old 12-30-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by six1rag
Can u please share the info on the rack and pinion? I'm doing the conversion in my 61 impala and having issues finding one that will werk. Thanks
the rack is out of a 99 dodge intrepid the rack is a center steer i found this by accident and it works perfect just made a different center cradle for it and cut the end mounts off and made my own tie rods for it.not a bolt in but it works.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

Ok it is official I have gone mad going to the dark side of way more power
GOING TWIN TURBO!!!!!!!! pulled the supercharger off and started planning the install and figuring out how to pull this off. A single is not a option because of the stupid x frame and no were to run a cross pipe and being as the car is so low it is going to be a challenge but I am willing to take the risk. looking to go for 600 to 700 to the rear wheels or maybe more.
and so it begins. I promise to keep you guys involved with this build you can either watch me fail or triumph. it could go either way.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

the rack is out of a 99 dodge intrepid the rack is a center steer i found this by accident and it works perfect just made a different center cradle for it and cut the end mounts off and made my own tie rods for it.not a bolt in but it works.
thanks, im going to look into it. maybe stroll thru the pick and pull for a mock up....ill start a build topic once i locate my motor and trans.....

Quick Reply: 63 belair ls conversion,supercharged!