Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new caddialac blown motor will it fit a F-body

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default lowering K member

about how much doe's the K memeber need to be lowered?

I'm also thinking that the trans. mount would require lowering

and am assumming the diff. angle could be adjusted w/ an adjustable torque arm.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Klimaxx
thats a performance group car.. a buddy of mine calibrates it.. its sounds awesome.. and its def a 6.2L ls9, i saw it being built
if you're referring to the 3rd gen i posted, i'm pretty sure it's a 427 since it says 7.0 FI. unless they were just adding the supercharger's cubic inches to the motor?

*edit* nevermind, i see you were referring to the camaro. The formula is a hawks car and i'm pretty sure that's an LS7 with a magnacharger.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GMPP Gen4 LS9 Camaro is featured in the November 2010 is of GM High Tech Performance Magazine.

As you may remember from our February '07 issue, GMPP has proven that with a little know-how it is definitely possible to cram a dry sump LS7 into a fourth -gen [Camaro]. However, many doubted that the raised height from an LS9 supercharger would fit under the cowl and Copeland was destined to prove them wron, though he later concluded that this swap is only for very experienced builders. After some careful consideration, the decision was made to place 47mm spacers in-between the BMR K-member and the chassis. This gave the necessary clearance needed for the blower without having to cut the cowl significantly, or having a negative effect on suspension geometry according to Copeland. The engine mounts were modified to lower the engine 5mm as well, and 15mm spacers were used between the cradle and transmission crossmember....Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump, regulator, and new feed lines-- using the stock lines as a return(converting to return-style system)...Acessory drive uses modified factory pieces, locating the alternator lower left below the power steering , using the same belt to spin A/C and power steering pump.
LS9 uses a unque nine-bolt flywheel...(no flex plates available)....
The LSA uses a smaller 1900 TVS blower compared to the LS9 2300 TVS...I don't know if it is smaller packaging wise....Could always look at LSX, or 6.0 block, with some L92's...the Edelbrock eforce superchargers uses the 2300 TVS and fit to rectangle port heads....the unit fits under the stock hood of both the C6 and '10 Camaro. Plus they are both available in a "tuner" package.

Quick Reply: new caddialac blown motor will it fit a F-body