Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

62-67 Chevy 2 Kits (Starting Mock-Up)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BRPhotrods
The headers wont work with aftermarket front steer racks, sorry.
Does this include any clip, i.e., Heidts, Alston et al.....?

T,
Old 01-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the delay, but since Atlanta can't figure out how to clear snow off the roads we've been enjoying the time off with our kids. We don't compare our engine placement with that of a stock engine, so I don't know if it's in the smae location. Now with that said we are going to install the mock-up engine with plates just to see how it would change and to see if the headers will work. Then we are hoping to be able to tell you guys the plates will work (or which offset).

No Problem...time with the kids is priceless!!

A quick dimension check with the motor mounts that you have made would tell whether or not there is a left to right offset. If they are a mirror image of each other....driver side/ passenger side. Then the engine would be centered in the compartment.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 67 church
No Problem...time with the kids is priceless!!

A quick dimension check with the motor mounts that you have made would tell whether or not there is a left to right offset. If they are a mirror image of each other....driver side/ passenger side. Then the engine would be centered in the compartment.
Yes, the engine is centered. My concern is more with the height and front to back rather then the left and right.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:57 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TomM
Does this include any clip, i.e., Heidts, Alston et al.....?

T,
The tubes on the left header won't clear the steering shaft.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, the engine is centered. My concern is more with the height and front to back rather then the left and right.
For those using the stock chevyII frame mount and the LS adapter plate they will not be able to bolt the passenger header up. The stock offset is approximately 1".
Old 01-14-2011, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Will the engine clear a stock brake booster with the it centered??He is a picture of a conversion with the engine offset like a regular SBC and it looks pretty tight.

Last edited by Nova 404; 01-14-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

I have been watching this thread close just like many other members. I saw awhile back in this thread it talked about taking orders with free shipping did this ever happen? Or was this delayed?

So from the most recent post it looks like the engine will be centered in the engine bay? Another thing to keep us informed on is if this affects the trans tunnel at all on the auto tranny?

Any time frame in mind on parts being released? And to center the engine will you be selling the plates and mounts? Some of us will be purchasing these parts slowly so we can do engine mock up until we can afford headers.

THxs for all your hard work on this. I am sure the kids loved the extra time with you guys
Old 01-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

I wonder if the the headers would work with a small mod to the shock tower when running the adapter plates? Cause I was quoted $499 for the mounts that work with these headers. I would rather make a slight mod to the tower than shell out a extra $500 to make these work. The adapter plates cast what $60-$80? Of course I dont know what is included with the $499 but I am like most guys(i think) and that just took the good price threw it out the window.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

I doubt it could be made to work,there is about 1 inch difference between BRP location and an adapter plate location.Well, if one was to cut the towers like a big block install it might work.Somebody needs to give it a try
Old 01-20-2011, 07:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by greasemonkeychef
I wonder if the the headers would work with a small mod to the shock tower when running the adapter plates? Cause I was quoted $499 for the mounts that work with these headers. I would rather make a slight mod to the tower than shell out a extra $500 to make these work. The adapter plates cast what $60-$80? Of course I dont know what is included with the $499 but I am like most guys(i think) and that just took the good price threw it out the window.
No the headers will not work with the adapter plates. Sorry that $499 seems like a lot for the swap kit, for you I would suggest using the plates and building a pair of headers. Although I think you'll find that by the time you do that you'll have a lot more time (and probably money also) in your swap.
Jeff
Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nova 404
I doubt it could be made to work,there is about 1 inch difference between BRP location and an adapter plate location.Well, if one was to cut the towers like a big block install it might work.Somebody needs to give it a try
From the pics BRP supplied it doesnt look like there would need to be much of a tower mod to fit the headers????? If I could get a set of headers on the cheap or a complete refund to try it I would.

Maybe BRP could clarify where the problem is with the plates?? Is it only at the pass tower clearance? Or is other issues?
Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 AM
FormerVendor

From the pics BRP supplied it doesnt look like there would need to be much of a tower mod to fit the headers????? If I could get a set of headers on the cheap or a complete refund to try it I would.

Maybe BRP could clarify where the problem is with the plates?? Is it only at the pass tower clearance? Or is other issues?
There are more issues than just the pass tower, by the time you move the engine to the pass side it becomes to tight on the frame on that side also. By centering the engine we gained more clearance for the headers.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:19 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Glad I came across this thread. I've been looking for either a 54-65 Lemans/Tempest roller or a 62-65 Chevy II roller - But was not excited about clipping the latter since I'd have to farm that out...

Jeff /(Phil the cigar guy?), please send me some contact info to john@motorsports-media.com I'd like to follow up.

PSJ
Old 01-24-2011, 09:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Glad I came across this thread. I've been looking for either a 54-65 Lemans/Tempest roller or a 62-65 Chevy II roller - But was not excited about clipping the latter since I'd have to farm that out...

Jeff /(Phil the cigar guy?), please send me some contact info to john@motorsports-media.com I'd like to follow up.

PSJ
I passed your email along to Phil, he's sending you an email.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:28 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wtf.suv
any modification to the tunnel required for the 4l60 with your brackets/crossmember?
do you sell the motor mounts separate without the crossmember?

so when are you going to start taking orders on these? going to run some sort of introductory group purchase on them?
The 4L60E installation doesn't require any tunnel modifications. Yes we will sell the motor/frame mounts without the tranmission crossmember, and vice versa. To be honest I hadn't thought about any special intro pricing, I'll run that by Phil. At this time the only thing holding up the entire project is waiting for the company that produces our brackets is having a hard time producing the bracket we designed for the 4L60E crossmember. They need to have them all bent and then trimmed to shape because we have the edge of the plate too close to the edge.
Jeff
Old 01-25-2011, 08:56 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Will the bracket also work for a TH400, or would you suggest that I just have that made?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Staging Lane

I was wondering if you are centering the engine in the engine bay will this have any affect on the rearend/driveshaft? Because from the factory the rearend is not centered either. Or is the difference so small that is does not effect much? I will eventually do the s-10/nova conversion on the rearend. All this comes to mind due to budget I may have to build my own mounts but might still purchase your headers.

Any pics of the headers in black?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Will the bracket also work for a TH400, or would you suggest that I just have that made?
The length of the TH400 is closer to the T-56 (as I recall about 1/2" longer than the T-56, but it should still fit within the slot on the trans tab), I'll get with Nick and check for sure.

I was wondering if you are centering the engine in the engine bay will this have any affect on the rearend/driveshaft? Because from the factory the rearend is not centered either. Or is the difference so small that is does not effect much? I will eventually do the s-10/nova conversion on the rearend. All this comes to mind due to budget I may have to build my own mounts but might still purchase your headers.

Any pics of the headers in black?
It has no effect on the rear-end/driveshaft. If you are going to build your own mounts I would suggest getting the headers and then buildign the mounts so that the headers clear everything. Send me a PM and I'll try to help you out with any pictures or info I can while you're building them.
Jeff
Old 01-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

I'm keeping an eye on your website to see when you will have the "Kit" up for Sale.
Will you also be announcing it on this thread?

Glenn
Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Squeezer
I'm keeping an eye on your website to see when you will have the "Kit" up for Sale.
Will you also be announcing it on this thread?

Glenn
Glenn, as soon as we have everythign on website I'll post a link in this thread. We had to re-design a part on the transmission crossmember due to problems producing it. Now that we have it taken care of it should be a couple weeks getting them produced.
Jeff

Quick Reply: 62-67 Chevy 2 Kits (Starting Mock-Up)