Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1937 Ford twin Turbo LSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you guys want me to pay you to contribute to your site, you may want to re-think your sales techniques. Try sending me an email with details about how I may do so and do it before you jack with a potential paying "sponsor". It would be a much better sales technique than to just change my thread and my sig.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

truely some impressive stuff. i love the 'progress' shots, im familiar with using most of this machinery to a small degree, but when you make such nice stuff its really hard to figure how you made it...

the serpentine setup? gitouttahere.

Also, i wouldnt feel too bad about the sponsor stuff; its how they pay for the site, and it costs 300$+ a month (if memory serves) to be a sponsor, so while you're doing custom stuff and showing off its probably not worth it, even if they pitched it to you on some chocolate covered boobies. Then again maybe im wrong and well get to see even more! Kinda funny, i was like 'i thought he had a different s/n... hmm.'
Old 01-24-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Irish350
truely some impressive stuff. i love the 'progress' shots, im familiar with using most of this machinery to a small degree, but when you make such nice stuff its really hard to figure how you made it...

the serpentine setup? gitouttahere.

Also, i wouldnt feel too bad about the sponsor stuff; its how they pay for the site, and it costs 300$+ a month (if memory serves) to be a sponsor, so while you're doing custom stuff and showing off its probably not worth it, even if they pitched it to you on some chocolate covered boobies. Then again maybe im wrong and well get to see even more! Kinda funny, i was like 'i thought he had a different s/n... hmm.'
I just think it was pretty rude and none to smart the way they went about it. Its not like I am in the for sale section making a living here. This is my entertainment just like most here. So I put my website address in my sig? who hoooo let me tell you how many phone calls are rolling in from this thread...... don't hardly have time to type. I realize its how they make a living but they aren't going to make it off me because thats not why I am here. I am a one man shop.... not exactly doing the volume to justify or need to pay for advertising in order to keep busy.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 AM

I just realized it says I can't even have my email address in my profile. Guess what.... its the only email I use. Not like I am going to create a new email just for this site,
Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 AM

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...153028&page=17

Link to another site I have been a member of for years. My sig/name exactly how it was on here. The thread above is a build thread of a car I did a few years ago that was appropriate for that site. The car on this site's thread is not appropriate for the guys on that site, they aren't into this style of car. So I came here... thought it was the right spot for a guy

Last edited by Eddie2011; 01-25-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Eddie2011
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...153028&page=17

Link to another site I have been a member of for years. My sig/name exactly how it on here. The thread above is a build thread of a car I did a few years ago that was appropriate for that site. The car on this site's thread is not appropriate for the guys on that site, they aren't into this style of car. So I came here... thought it was the right spot for a guy

I know its a bit annoying and verging on insulting ,but please keep posting , this is one of the best builds I ve seen in a while
Old 01-24-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i dont remember the last build thread someone did for the love of the forums rules. Keep showing off, well keep oogling, the hobby will keep thriving, and im sure well all keep buying from the sponsors (orwhoever)
Old 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Keep posting, anyone who's interested in your work will seek you out; not because you advertised but because of the quality of your work.
And as an enthusiast, watching people (especially a 1 man operation), turn out hardcore stuff is a total inspiration to get off the couch.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by BR3W CITY
Keep posting, anyone who's interested in your work will seek you out; not because you advertised but because of the quality of your work.
And as an enthusiast, watching people (especially a 1 man operation), turn out hardcore stuff is a total inspiration to get off the couch.

Thats what makes it so stupid. People can still pm me and ask who does the work. There are many threads discussing different brands/ shops/ parts etc that are not sponsors. Are they going to stop anyone from saying "Chevy" untill GM ponies up?

I wouldn't have minded a polite email saying why they changed my sig, but changing my screen name from the only one I have used for years for various things?

I enjoy coming on sites like this to share ideas. I learn alot seeing other guys work and use it as a resource if I have a question. I do enjoy showing off my stuff, it is nice to get some recognition. Its also nice to be able to give back to the community since I benefit from the knowledge I have gained in seeing others threads.

I am not starting threads all over the placing pimping out my shop. I recieved compliments about my machine work so I put up some pictures of things I made last week, otherwise I would not have posted them.

Its not like I started a thread saying "if your interested in this please call xxxxx"
Old 01-24-2011, 09:26 PM

I am patiently awaiting a response from "THE MAN" since I don't even know who jacked with my thread/account. I assume someone is still looking at this thread, probably to close it down.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Irish350
yeah i dont remember the last build thread someone did for the love of the forums rules. Keep showing off, well keep oogling, the hobby will keep thriving, and im sure well all keep buying from the sponsors (orwhoever)
Thanks for the nice words guys. Its kinda hard to take since our participation is what supports this site in order so that these guys can make money.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 AM

Can a moderator please chime in so I know who I can pm regarding this. No one has sent me an email or pm to discuss this. The only thing I have to go by is the new statement you left in my sig. Tried to pm Nine Ball who was supposed to be ls tech cofounder but he doesn't accept pms? Not that I am interested but if you want sponsors try providing a link to some info.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:24 AM

Eddieschopshop.com
Old 01-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Launching!

That's too bad the pics are taken down. Glad there's a link to the other site. I guess a "paying" member must have thought he was challenged on his "quality" work and complained. By far one of the coolest build on this forumn. I guess that's how some forumns loose members. Hopefully you stick around and keep posting some pics of your build.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Stormed_Norm
That's too bad the pics are taken down. Glad there's a link to the other site. I guess a "paying" member must have thought he was challenged on his "quality" work and complained. By far one of the coolest build on this forumn. I guess that's how some forumns loose members. Hopefully you stick around and keep posting some pics of your build.
I have never been on a board where guys had to pay, just to share their work, doesn't matter if it is a pro or personal. The "sponsors" are usually vendors trying to sell merchandise.

I took the pictures down because I don't want to contribute to making this site a success for the people who can't even take the time to respond directly to me.

You may be right maybe someone complained...... Still seems like it could have and still can be handled better. All I want is my screen name that I have used for 6 years on any site I have participated in. Don't want my web in my sig fine. No email listing in my profile seems extreme and stupid sense you can still pm me but whatever.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Teching In

sounds like a classic over-reaction to me. There shouldn't be any problem unless you were like "HAI GUYZ LOK AT THE STUFF MY SHOP IS PUTTING OUT!!!! HERE IS MY WEBSITE AND CONTACT INFO FOR ORDERZ!!!!!

It really is too bad that the pics got taken down. I was looking forward to following this build.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:03 AM
Teching In

I dont blame you one bit man. I didnt get to see the pics at all so if there is another forum this build is posted on pm me id love to see it. Hopefully someone will pull their head out of thier ***, id love to see this build.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 AM

Apparently "THE MAN" isn't watching this too close. I figured blatantly posting my website would garner me some type of response..... if nothing else figured the post would be deleted with no communication again or get the thread shut down.

I don't feel like I did anything wrong in the thread itself, but if they are going to shoot me for "advertising" I may as well do the crime.

Better to go down in a hail of bullets?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Wayne64SS
I dont blame you one bit man. I didnt get to see the pics at all so if there is another forum this build is posted on pm me id love to see it. Hopefully someone will pull their head out of thier ***, id love to see this build.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...=305091&page=5

For as long as it lasts
Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Teching In

holy **** dude. you're a sick bastard i love it!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 1937 Ford twin Turbo LSX