Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got one heck of a engine hoist...lol
Old 07-28-2012, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

That Grant GT wheel is getting ditched eventually for a factory style wheel. It kinda looks out of place

Last edited by PontiacPOWA; 07-28-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Old 07-28-2012, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Old 07-28-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

[QUOTE=PontiacPOWA;16564649]

what hoses / adapters did u use for the top and bottom radiator??
Old 07-28-2012, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice car and installation. Which headers are those?
Old 07-29-2012, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tramminc
what hoses / adapters did u use for the top and bottom radiator??
we used an adapter from jags that run for the upper radiator hose. it allowed the steam vent line to be run into it and match the diffrent sizes from the factory radiator and ls1 water pump. as for the hoses, it was a guessing game at the auto parts store. these hoses seemed like the right bends, and we cut pieces off to make it work. dont know any exact part numbers/ applications, sorry

Originally Posted by 1989GTA
Nice car and installation. Which headers are those?
thanks! those are 1 3/4 edelbrock A body swap headers and mounting plates.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

[QUOTE=PontiacPOWA;16569036]we used an adapter from jags that run for the upper radiator hose. it allowed the steam vent line to be run into it and match the diffrent sizes from the factory radiator and ls1 water pump. as for the hoses, it was a guessing game at the auto parts store. these hoses seemed like the right bends, and we cut pieces off to make it work. dont know any exact part numbers/ applications, sorry

Old 08-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Default Shifter location

Hey pontiacpowa,
that is an awsome ride!
I have a '69 chevelle that I want to do this to.
The thing is that my car has a bench seat and I was wondering if the T56 shifter is going to wind up too far rearward to work with the bench seat.
Does the T56 shifter seem to come through the floor at the same location as the GTO stock shifter would?
Thanks, Dan.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Danbo
Hey pontiacpowa,
that is an awsome ride!
I have a '69 chevelle that I want to do this to.
The thing is that my car has a bench seat and I was wondering if the T56 shifter is going to wind up too far rearward to work with the bench seat.
Does the T56 shifter seem to come through the floor at the same location as the GTO stock shifter would?
Thanks, Dan.
Dan,

The shifter is currently coming out of the stock factory console, and through the stock hump/hole in the floor. It really fits great. Im not sure of the exact positioning for A body bench seats, but eyeballing says that it might work. A bench seat LS, 6 speed car would be totally bad ***! The Tremec 6 speeds have several diffrent shifter mounting locations. Ours is on the rearward "square hole" with the little nubby thing connected in the forward end of it placing the handle about 4 inches forward (from stock). (i hope that makes sense) Good luck with your build man and dont hesitate to ask questions. We've gone through a lot of bullshit getting this setup together, but its worth it in the end after working out the bugs.

We're actually still having problems with this shifter from american powertrain though. At first, we didnt hook up the reverse lockout, making reverse very difficult to engage (as in bracing your shoulder against the door and using two hands). This was our fuckup, and we ended up breaking the shifter. Now, after replacing the base/little nubby thing, the seal keeps ripping after hard shifts spewing trans fluid all over the place. Im at my wits end with this damn thing, and might just end up using the stock shifter with some spacers to put the handle in the stock location again. This is a really nice shifter dont get me wrong, it feels great, but the leaks and BS are getting annoying....

Anybody have any insight on this? Its the 2nd seal we put on there and im sure American Powertrain is gonna send the same piece of **** seal again if i call about it a 3rd time....
Old 10-29-2013, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Well guys, I haven't updated the thread in a long time (over a year wow) so here's some updates-

After chasing endless fuel starvation problems (stalling and sputtering out, usually at the worst time- like in the middle of the Throggs Neck Bridge ), we pulled the sumped factory tank and inline Walbro 255 in favor of a Tanks Inc. setup. Its a really nice piece and a great alternative to the very costly stainless tanks offered by Ricks and others, while also keeping a factory look. Its essentially a factory tank with an in-tank fuel pump (pretty sure its another Walbro 255) and factory sending unit installed. It solved all of our fueling issues and I highly recommend it.

The car still has no interior door panels, the terrible Grant GT steering wheel, and a poorly fitting top after all of this time haha... Time and money is still the excuse, but we are too busy driving and enjoying the car to worry about it. Its been over 6500 miles since the restoration and the car runs like a champ now that the fuel issues are sorted out.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

This past weekend we took the car over to CBtuning in PA for the Sloppy Mechanics dyno day and threw it on the rollers just for fun. The car ran great the 300 mile round trip. Averaged 20 mpg at 70 MPH and 1700 rpm with 4 guys in the car. this was the first long road trip with the car and met all of my expectations perfectly. It was built just for this, to go out and drive with no headaches. Just throw gas in and go. Its that simple.

It put down 300 rwhp on somewhat of a heartbreaker dyno. A brand new C7 corvette laid down 344hp immediately after for a reference. We had a great time and hope to do more trips like this in the future.

Here's a Video of the dyno pulls-

Old 10-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Haha... heartbreaker dyno.

AWESOME build/work. Very cool.

Quick Reply: 1969 GTO ls2/T56 build