Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New holly ls swap oil pan and swap parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The autokraft pan will clear, cutty. Its fabbed sheet metal not the cast aluminum type that is stock on LSx cars and trucks. If anyone wants a truck pan to modify I have one for sale...PM if interested.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cookseyb
They bought all the equipment from JZ Motor WORKS, I went to their website and it was closed with a note that Holly had bought them out.
The Holley pan is not based on the JZ pan. Holley will be modifying the purchased JZ tooling for a future version of an LS oil pan.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 5.3 cutty
ok heres my only issue with finding the right pan for my g-body cutlass.Im running a air ride system and my engine crossmember is about 3ins off the ground. s&p seems to have the only pan that clears the crossmember but is way to rich for my blood so does anyone know if Mast or holleys pan will clear g-body crossmembers????
We've had the Holley pan in numerous G-bodies and it fits great.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Teching In

Default What oil pan do i need?

Hi i have a Malibu front clip in my Merc -49. Im putting in LM7 in it and has the standard oil pan problem...

I have tried to read almost every post but im still not sure what i need. And its pretty expensive to have it shipped to Sweden so i want to be sure.

I will use the LM7 in standard performance. What is the sheapest way to get around this problem and still have a reliable engine?
Attached Thumbnails New holly ls swap oil pan and swap parts-image.jpg  
Old 04-10-2014, 06:22 AM
Teching In

Sorry to wright in this old post. My bad.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by piraya2
Hi i have a Malibu front clip in my Merc -49. Im putting in LM7 in it and has the standard oil pan problem...

I have tried to read almost every post but im still not sure what i need. And its pretty expensive to have it shipped to Sweden so i want to be sure.

I will use the LM7 in standard performance. What is the sheapest way to get around this problem and still have a reliable engine?
You want holley 302-2
Old 04-10-2014, 09:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by piraya2

Piraya, Welcome to LS1tech. The cheapest opetion would be to cut the bottom off the the truck oil pan, and weld a flat plate. You will also have to modify the oil pick up tube to match the new pan. This is a pretty common practice among budget LS swap guys, myself included. There are several threads about it. Including my build thread. Search for "pan chop", "Chop truck pan", "Section truck pan" etc in the Conversion section and you will find lots of good info. Best of luck!

Quick Reply: New holly ls swap oil pan and swap parts