Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Start of my DD 240sx lq9 swap.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went out today and picked up my head bolts and some other misc hose adapters and splices. Also repainted my valve covers with some VHT engine metallic paint and baked them in the oven. The red looked good, but flaked off too easy, since it wasn't really designed for engine use.

I might do my timing cover in this color as well. Just a little something to set my engine apart from others and make it my own.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:43 AM
On The Tree

Kansas has decided to deny the continuation of my unemployment due to me being in school, at night, in a program that they previously approved. I could still be getting unemployment if I would have just never told them I was trying to get my Georgia EMT license so I can get a job..... Sounds like they want me to stay at home and do drugs instead of being a productive citizen and actively try to get a job.

I was in tier I or II and had enough to get me through school.... Guess I should have done crack instead!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

^^Dude sorry to hear that, Kansas is a backward *** state...I may not be staying here much longer myself. Dont stress on the swap keep your money and use it were you really need it
Old 04-12-2011, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

I might finally have it lined out I talked to everyone and their mom today. I had to do a sworn statement and have to refax some stuff. If it all goes well I could have my stuff lined out by the end of the week. Fingers crossed that it goes well. At this point I could are less about backdating, I just need it to start back up.

Turns out what it was is that I checked the "no" box on searching for work on my school/approved training form. What a nightmare. If I would never had told them I was in school this would have never happened.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Oh they get you, i was unemployed for a while and by accident i checked the wrong box as well saying I was in training. They sent me some forms and I marked it was a mistake like the form said to do(had to do this twice) and I had to call in a month later(was working by than but needed to catch up on bills) to see why i hadnt received my last 2 weeks and at that point was told since i quit filing I shouldve called because those forms take up to 7weeks to process. You would think they'd put a note in the forms they mail to advise you of that.

Either way congrats, I know thats a weight off your shoulders
Old 04-12-2011, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I just got back from faxing the papers into the training people. I called them again my papers did go through, now it's just another waiting game to see if my money ever shows up... Daddy needs grocery money!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:19 PM

oh **** kansas peeps.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Verz, yeah you would think when they send you all the paper work that they would let you know it could take an eternity to get the **** lined out. Instead they just leave you flapping in the wind.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:14 AM
TECH Resident

yeah well i expect anything with the govt to take forever but atleast inform me of a time frame it could take so im not waiting wondering.....either way but i previously scheduled swap program
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

According to the unemployment people I should start getting paid again come tomorrow. We shall see if they are right.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Unemployment is finally lined out.... So, I ordered my new slave, gto starter, and checked on my mounts. They still haven't got to them, but "maybe next week." I'm hoping to start the install here in a about 2 weeks. So, over the weekend of the 30th?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

God and machine shop willing I will be able to post build/swap pics starting Friday!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hah... KS people...

A DD LSx 240 would be great!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Well looks like the lord isn't very happy with my swap idea since he just woped out half of north georgia where I'm at.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by greendrazil
Hah... KS people...

A DD LSx 240 would be great!
You used to be Ks people but decided to move to geritolville
Old 04-28-2011, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Here's a few pictures of the build as it sets today. Hopefully here over next week I can get my mounts fixed and get this in the car!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by devlmaycry
Well looks like the lord isn't very happy with my swap idea since he just woped out half of north georgia where I'm at.
That sucks man. Hope everything is well.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Ok, a small update here. The drivers mount is lined out, it's not the prettiest, but it should work. The passenger one is staying the same, and I would like to replace it later on. We also modified the gas pedal, it looks to be good enough to clear, but we will shorten and alter to fine tune it once the car is running!

It took forever and the passenger mount ended up being a sacrafice. Turns out nothing was square at all and we had to mill everthing on the drivers side to get it to line up correctly.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Ok, here's a few pics of the progress, I've actually cleaned up the engine bay a little more and have my fuel filter mounted in a prelimary spot. It might get moved once the motor is in. Tommorow I will finish getting my driveshaft out, hammer the trans tunnel, and mount the trans to the engine, and hopefully drop it in. Thursday should be wiring.

My WMD's

Old 05-11-2011, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Ok, well the verdict is finally in, with the Otto style mounts the moroso pan cleares and only sets maybe 1/2th of an inch lower than my sway bar and about even with the xmember. So much for all of those nay-sayers! The manifolds also seem to clear fine, so another bonus.

I do need to get my trans mount holes retapped since they are pretty stripped and only one of the bolts really torques down good, but that can be done at a shop or my by me if I get the motivation, just need to go easy on it.

Next is measure for the driveshaft tomorrow morning, drop it and the P/S hose off at the shop, do the wiring, bleed the clutch system, install remote oil filter, fuel filter/FPR, gas pedal, and install my last heater hose! So, not a whole lot, but just the fun tedious stuff.

PS I will post better pics of the pan and the clearance tomorrow morning once I get up.

Quick Reply: Start of my DD 240sx lq9 swap.