Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Harness from Performance Systems Integration PSI

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone using wait4me performance harnesses? How are those guys?
Old 03-02-2011, 12:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax4499
"The only real thing you need for the 6speed car is the VSS from the trans."

what is needed for a TH-400, will the ECM need any information from the trans?
You won't need anything as there is no speed sensor on a th-400.
The only thing you need a speed sensor on a manual trans or non-electronic auto for is the decel, throttle cracker and some idle tables. As long as the tune is close on the engine, 95% of this stuff doesn't matter. You may have the car die once in a great while if you go to neutral from drive just coasting, but that will be all. All that needs done there is have a slower ramp on the IAC closing and it will be fine.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=greenturtle05;14579014]Anyone using wait4me performance harnesses? How are those guys?[/QUOTE

I called them too,

BRP uses them, nice people but i like SSPwiring Steve seemed to know the most,

What ever you do dont get robbed by Speartech,
Old 03-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Staging Lane

Any benefits to running these over a conventional harness? Interested in psi as well
Old 03-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Call Steve at SSPwiring
here is his # 928 632-4372

Great guy , builds a awasome harness, tell him Walter sent you
Old 03-04-2011, 04:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have any particular questions on our harness let me know.

We carry LT1, LS1 24x DBC and DBW, Vortec DBC and DBW, and LS2/3 58x DBW.

http://psiconversion.com/

You can also check our instructions on the site to get an idea for whats involved in the install.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 03-04-2011, 05:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax4499
"The only real thing you need for the 6speed car is the VSS from the trans."

what is needed for a TH-400, will the ECM need any information from the trans?
No, you can have the trans controls turned off in the pcm.
Also, Wait4meperformance modded my stock 98' harness and pcm and it works flawlessly, but if I'd known then what I know now then I would've asked to have the harness reconfigured for the 0411 pcm.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Launching!

speartech did mine 2 years ago. price was exactly the same as quoted. pricey, but in long run, its not bad. i had some problems with my vss and reluctor ring pulses. i sent the ECM back to him and and tried something different. it didnt work. i sent it back and he went back to the original tune. all for free, i paid for shipping both ways each time. it turns out that a Dakota Digital box corrected my problems in long run.but i had no problems with him. sent numerous emails and he replyed to me with tons of valuable knowledge.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the PSI harness! I received mine a few weeks ago and it looks great. Not to mention, their customer service is awesome. Jon called me back very fast and answered my questions.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by psiconversion

You can also check our instructions on the site to get an idea for whats involved in the install.
I'll speak up for these guys. After having a guy modify the stock harness to work and doing it incorrectly and the car never ran right I decided to go with a new harness.

Got it from PSI, and had about 3 quick questions all of which were answered immediatly, and if I remember it was 4th of July weekend. I did the wiring swap in my driveway, and had the old harness out and the new one in, in about 3 hours and most of that was cutting out the crappy old harness, and wrapping the new harness in heat shielding and tape/shrink wrap.

You pay more anywhere else, just know you're pissing your money away.

Now do me a favor and at least update my cars picture on your website instead of that whale tail

Last edited by sciff5; 03-14-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines

do you have one without any transmission wiring, as im going to use a th350
Old 03-15-2011, 07:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Will update the RX7 Pictures

Sorry for the Whale Tail Sciff. Not sure why that was put as a thumbnail for your videos. Do you have some updated photos you could send us of the car?

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 03-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by psiconversion

Didn't realize you guys were a sponsor, right on! I have one of your harnesses. Have yet to use it but looks amazing.

I was completely against buying one, I modified my own and was like ehhh...why not - I took the plunge and bought one from you guys - awesome quality.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by greenturtle05
I sent them an email Friday or Saturday with a few questions and haven't received a response yet. If they take that long to answer to a potential buyer can you imagine how customer service would be?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Wait4me No Thanks!

Originally Posted by greenturtle05
I used them to modify my LS2 harness and I wasn't in a hurry but after 3 weeks of no news I called them and they said they didn't have my harness and after I provided a tracking number and that was signed for by his wife Hannah they then found it under a work bench and apologized and said I would have it in a week, well it arrived in a week but it didn't have a connector for the DBW pedal or fuse panel, everything was labeled correctly and after I tried to install the connector for the pedal by the schematic I had an extra white wire, I called and Jesse did not believe it so I emailed pictures, he asked for me to send it back at my cost of course and when I got it back I installed the connector and out of curiosity I unwrapped the harness and just found that white wire again just taped up and stuffed back into the loom, obviously it is not needed but damn I could have hidden it back in the look myself and not pay shipping and waiting another 2 weeks to get it back, I took the original harness off of the engine and after they reworked it several of the connections were a tight fit and some points of the harness were not long enough and some too long like it rewrapped incorrectly, live and learn you get what you pay for 99.5% of the time.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lizeec
I used them to modify my LS2 harness and I wasn't in a hurry but after 3 weeks of no news I called them and they said they didn't have my harness and after I provided a tracking number and that was signed for by his wife Hannah they then found it under a work bench and apologized and said I would have it in a week, well it arrived in a week but it didn't have a connector for the DBW pedal or fuse panel, everything was labeled correctly and after I tried to install the connector for the pedal by the schematic I had an extra white wire, I called and Jesse did not believe it so I emailed pictures, he asked for me to send it back at my cost of course and when I got it back I installed the connector and out of curiosity I unwrapped the harness and just found that white wire again just taped up and stuffed back into the loom, obviously it is not needed but damn I could have hidden it back in the look myself and not pay shipping and waiting another 2 weeks to get it back, I took the original harness off of the engine and after they reworked it several of the connections were a tight fit and some points of the harness were not long enough and some too long like it rewrapped incorrectly, live and learn you get what you pay for 99.5% of the time.
Wow, glad you posted. I know a friend who knows a way to work around the VATS (my main concern) so I might try that first for my swap and see if I can modify it myself, if that doesn't work I'll get one from PSI.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Harness

I haven't heard anything bad about PSI or Speartech other than Speartech is a little pricey, I am the type of person that I don't mind paying top dollar for something but I very well damn expect to get what I paid for as I value my time highly and don't want to be making multiple phone calls and shipment to get what I paid for, and from what I found on a lot of the swap parts I bought that were advertised as a drop in or bolt in for a perfect fit were not as there are just too many variances and combinations and manufacturing plant differences for these so called drop in bolt in kits, it seems the majority of the items needed to be hammered or grinded on or welded on and in the long run if I had the time I know I could have made or designed a better solution if I dedicated my time to it, remember on the pricing ask yourself what's your time worth? And how high is your personal level of aggravation worth? I had posted on a thread before on Wait 4meperformance harnesses and I would say it was about 70% negative and about 30% positive for them, maybe some other users of their product will chime in on his thread, GL
Old 03-22-2011, 04:19 AM
On The Tree

Im in the market for a wiring harness for my Ly6/4L80E into my 87 GN i talk to PSI today and they were really good guys and anwsered all my questions.

I also talked to SSP wiring and after i research them i won't be using them. Steve sounded like a very smart guy but i don't think ill be going that route.

PSI will most likly be gettin my business
Old 03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thenova70ss
I did the same as you i called like 5 wiring places and talked to all of them and SpearTech was HIGH and from the looks of the harness the PSI harness looks just as good to me.

Both the SerTech and PSI came with Fuse Block with Relays and Fan Pig Tails the SperTech Harness was $750.00 with shipping and the PSI harness was $499.00 and i talked to Joe at PSI and he was a NICE guy a lot nicer then the guy i talked to from SperTech.

Joe From PSI all so told me for $200.00 more they would sale me a NEW ECM and put a Tune in it for my car so that made my total for the harness and ECM from PSI the same Price as just the harness from SperTech.

SperTech wonted $200.00 just to put a Tune on the Computer and i did not even have one so for me to get a Computer and have SperTech Tune it would have been around $300.00.

All so PSI told me if i need anything when i was wiring my car to just give them a call and Joe the Tech Guy for PSI would Help me any way he could he all so told me if i need anything changed in my ECM to just send it back and it Would be changed for Free.
Good to know. I had my harness made by another fello whow was cheaper but a bunch of stuff was misswired. I finally just sent the harness to John at Speartech and we had the harness fixed up and running corrently very quickly. He was helpful and upfront and new his stuff. I did have to pay like 150 or so to get that done but I was greatful the wiring nightmare was over.

Good to hear that there are a number of good options.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

I've used speartech twice now with excellent results. Like ZERO issues! I have referred several customers to them and had nothing but positive feedback. I also know of a couple people using the PSI harness who seem pretty happy and the build quality looks very good/on par with Speartech. I may give them a shot for the next project.

BUYER BEWARE is all I can say about SSP Wiring!!! Do some reading and educate yourself on this company before spending your money. Very shady past here guys and there's a reason they're not real well known amongst those of use here on this forum who regularly do LS based swaps.

A little research will show you SSP or STEVE HILTNER is the same shady individual who used to own LS1 Performance in Chandler AZ.... Only now he lives up in Prescott and owns a couple restaurants and does the harnesses on the side under SSP. See the link below - the truth shall set you FREE:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...andler-az.html

^^^Nothing good there!! BUYER BEWARE

Mods: You should probably edit the posts of the poster recommending SSP Wiring harnesses.

Quick Reply: Wiring Harness from Performance Systems Integration PSI