Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has helped me a lot.
http://chevythunder.com/19992002_ls1...el%20Injectors
Old 05-30-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mice13
Engine to frame ground wire maybe
Checked the grounds from the PCM today. They all checked out OK.
I also plugged in my old PCM. It seems to do the same thing. It fires all 8 for a few seconds & then peters out, like not all are firing.
Any other ideas for only 2 injectors not consistently firing?
The plugs are all snug & look correct.

Also, I am getting a code for the accelerator pedal position system.
Jon is this PCM for a DBW set up? I'll PM you too.
I did not get this code with the old PCM.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 350SS
could also swap injectors around like you did with the coils and see if the problem stays or moves
did you try this and try to narrow things down to either injectors or wiring/pcm?
Old 05-30-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 350SS
did you try this and try to narrow things down to either injectors or wiring/pcm?
Damn, I did not. I will try that this coming weekend. The car is not at my house, makes for frustrating work.
Thanks

Would a bad injector pulse at all??
Old 05-30-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

don't know the answer to that but another thing I'm wondering is if the pcm was for a v8 originallly? I've heard of guys having problems with reflashing a v6 pcm with a v8 tune since it doesn't have the two extra driver hardware for the injectors...I don't think this is very common and since you have the same problem with two different pcm's it probably isn't very likely but just throwing it out there

if you don't want to go to all the trouble of moving injectors you could always just swap a couple of injector connectors and see if they fire...won't run a smooth but should still run.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

How are you checking the pulse? Noid light? If so that would eliminate the injectors from the equation. If not I would swap the injectors around and see if it follows the wires or the injectors. If you just swap the plugs around I think it would be difficult to determine which it was since you would be inducing a misfire anyway. If you are getting some pulse then the drivers are in the ecm. And also highly unlikely that you would have the same issue with two different ecms. I would bank on either bad injectors or faulty wiring. Have you check the wires to see if they will carry a load? Could be that the injectors have high resistance and after firing a few times have built up a enough heat to raise the resistance to the point of becoming inoperable.

Just some thoughts hope they help.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 71ANTICARB
How are you checking the pulse? Noid light? If so that would eliminate the injectors from the equation. If not I would swap the injectors around and see if it follows the wires or the injectors. If you just swap the plugs around I think it would be difficult to determine which it was since you would be inducing a misfire anyway. If you are getting some pulse then the drivers are in the ecm. And also highly unlikely that you would have the same issue with two different ecms. I would bank on either bad injectors or faulty wiring. Have you check the wires to see if they will carry a load? Could be that the injectors have high resistance and after firing a few times have built up a enough heat to raise the resistance to the point of becoming inoperable.

Just some thoughts hope they help.
Yeah, used a noid a light. How do you see if the wires can carry a load? I am going up today to check it out again.
Thanks Anticarb
Old 06-04-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, today's testing:
The wiring to both injectors are good. I checked continuity to the PCM & that was good. I also checked the power to the injector & it was 12v. I swapped an injectoer that was woking with 1 that was pulsing & that made no difference
So, I think I have ruled out the injectors & the wiring. What does that leave? I think that can only leave the PCM, but I can hardly believe that I have 2 bad PCM's.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
Old 06-04-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry I didn't see your post this morning. The easiest way to make sure the wires will carry a load is just use your headlamp as a test light. Just attach one side of the light to power and ground the other side through your injector wire. If you have a single stand of wire it will still give you good continuity but won't have the ability to carry the current required to run the injectors or the headlamp.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 71ANTICARB
Sorry I didn't see your post this morning. The easiest way to make sure the wires will carry a load is just use your headlamp as a test light. Just attach one side of the light to power and ground the other side through your injector wire. If you have a single stand of wire it will still give you good continuity but won't have the ability to carry the current required to run the injectors or the headlamp.
Thanks, I'll give that a try (hopefully tomorrow)
Old 06-04-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it was a bad crank position sensor it would not just be the 2 injectors, correct?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

I wouldn't think so but if for reason the ecm was not getting the correct signal to it, I suppose it would be possible.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the wrong pedal for my DBW set up. The PCM would not let it keep running. I got the correct pedal & now it runs.

Last edited by crosstraining; 07-10-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-06-2021, 07:56 AM

Default Need help

[QUOTE=SmokingWS6;14700003]Sounds good. If you live in the Illinois/St. Louis area I live in roadhouse done a ls swap runs on starting fluid but not off of fuel lines
Old 03-06-2021, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,131 Likes on 2,443 Posts

[QUOTE=Kyle Dawdy;20333852]
Originally Posted by SmokingWS6
Sounds good. If you live in the Illinois/St. Louis area I live in roadhouse done a ls swap runs on starting fluid but not off of fuel lines
You're replying to a NINE year old thread, and the guy you're quoting hasn't been here for over SIX years.
Check post dates....

Quick Reply: Injectors not pulsing