Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Dies when Shifted into Gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out. What was happening is the pink wires on the large C2 connector on the factory fuse box that run the injectors/coils etc. had power when the engine was running in park/neutral however, when shifted into gear all power was cut to all the pink wires causing the engine to die. I made a jumper wire and got power to the pink wires while in drive/reverse and it runs/drives now and went on its first drive to the end of the block and back. Thanks everyone for the ideas and giving me ideas and places to look.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mind elaborating on how that happened?
Old 08-16-2019, 10:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rider2882
I figured it out. What was happening is the pink wires on the large C2 connector on the factory fuse box that run the injectors/coils etc. had power when the engine was running in park/neutral however, when shifted into gear all power was cut to all the pink wires causing the engine to die. I made a jumper wire and got power to the pink wires while in drive/reverse and it runs/drives now and went on its first drive to the end of the block and back. Thanks everyone for the ideas and giving me ideas and places to look.

I know this may come off as beating a dead horse but I'm actually dealing with the same thing and I'm trying to figure out exactly what you meant
The following users liked this post:
Jrsanchez86 (12-19-2022)
Old 10-27-2020, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I

Originally Posted by rider2882

I am have the same problem if I got this right u was loading power to the c2 on fuse box when put it drive so u jump your 12 volt to there our was all the pink wires going dead when u tried to shift it

Quick Reply: Engine Dies when Shifted into Gear