Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 350z Drift Build 'Nuff Said'

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012 | 04:23 AM
Teching In

This build is great, and filled with awesome ideas. Great job!
Old 05-17-2012 | 06:10 AM
TECH Regular

I was wondering what had happened to this Z... Nice to know it disappeared from the streets to get an LS1 transplant
Old 05-20-2012 | 09:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSCustoms
Sweet! thanks for the update... very nicely done
Thanks sir..

Originally Posted by doyle4281
This build is great, and filled with awesome ideas. Great job!
Thanks more to come...

Originally Posted by 409CISecondGen
I was wondering what had happened to this Z... Nice to know it disappeared from the streets to get an LS1 transplant
Yeah I miss driving her so much, but the out come is going to be so great. Going to be building a new DD later this summer too so you will see another sick ride on the streets soon..
Old 05-24-2012 | 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

nice build... I like the 'cocaine' white color choice LOL

btw, check out this beer:
Weihenstephan

goes great with corndogs.... seriously, awesome pairing
Old 07-22-2012 | 01:44 PM
Launching!

So guys here I'm back again with a update, sorry so long since the last one but a lot of things have been going on over here so the build has taken on a slow state of movement. But finally getting around to getting things ready so I can finally hear this thing.

With saying all that lets kick this thing off with the beer for the week which is Magic hat "Elder Betty" this beer is a Weiss Ale type of beer a Hefeweizen yest, which is my fav and by far a good beer for the summer and BBQs.

So with this update I have addressed a couple of things. First was the cam, which I stated on my last update that I have purchased a torquer V3 cam which will better suit my needs as the MS4 was to aggressive. Next was the purchase of new ported and milled heads, which was a impulse buy, so what you see in this pic is me switching over all my springs and valves to the new heads.. And yet again some good beer in the pic which is a Kona Longboard beer so good.

Next I addressed the FAST 102 intake cause I hatted the grey, so painted it black.

Installed the FAST 102 TB and my Lokar Throttle cable bracket and also the sensors. I think it looks really good black

I also repainted my Water Pump to pull all the black components together.

also here is a little teaser of what my fittings will look like.. Black & titanium finish AN fittings FTW!!!

So took some time off from the build to help out my good buddy Stewart Leask during LSB and Rd2 of Lone Star Drift series. Which he killed it in and got 1st..

Also had some epic tandems with Matt Powers... too much fun.

Now back to the build.. So my water pump holes were a bit stripped so I took on the task of re-tapping them with Helicoil which will save me later on done the line.. It was a easy fix for all 6 wholes and came out good.

Next I picked up two sets of KRC Water Bypass fittings, So I can run these to my Tank.

Going to bridge the front and have it sent to the Tank, but the rear will have each side going straight to the Tank, trying to prevent any over heating issues I my come a cross.

Next I installed my 42lb Lucas injectors with my FAST billet fuel rail, which is a nice upgrade from the one I had installed before.

So the rails are installed and they will be bridged and T'ed off in the rear so the passenger side will feed back into the FPR... But nice and clean up front..

Next is my starter..

Picked up this nice PRO Starter that I think will get the job done nicely.. And looks good too..

BAM installed. I do still have to replace one or two sensors just to have peace of mind since I found one that was cracked..

But everything is ready to rock,

Just have to get my V-bands welded to my headers and get them ceramic coated and they will be done.

here is a nice pic showing how the engine looked before it got turned into a black beast and with the new fuel rail. Much better and should look good in the Gold engine bay..

Next update will be focused on my suspension, As I am replacing almost everything and have to get everything put on before I can drop motor in.. So till next time enjoy a good beer...
Old 07-24-2012 | 10:34 AM
Launching!

Just to give everyone a heads up George has now completed developing the rear dual caliper kit for the Z33/G35 community, and I should receive the prototype soon and will have a nice write up on this. I feel this is a good option for any one that is in need of a dual caliper setup.. Here is a pic of the kit and a small description form George..

"Z33/G35 Dual caliper bracket final prototype. This one was significantly harder than the s-chassis one to design. CAD designed and FEA tested. It is compatible with stock iron and brembo calipers. It is also compatible with OEM rotors! They will be released after some real world testing. Watch for it!"
Old 07-25-2012 | 08:17 AM
Launching!

Here is his test fit

Plastic prototype for test fit

Looks good, you guys can use either two OEM Iron Calipers, two Brembos or two aftermarket Calipers if you choose too.. Dual 6 piston calipers anyone??

Old 07-25-2012 | 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

Motor is looking good man and havent tried a magic hat beer I didnt like.
Old 07-28-2012 | 09:18 AM
Launching!

Thanks bro for the kind words.. And yeah I do love Magic hat, DogFish Head is my all time favorite though..

here is a little tease of whats to come for the suspension, Power By max Super Angle kit..
Old 07-28-2012 | 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Looking good! I've been following your build thread for awhile. Awesome details
Old 07-28-2012 | 01:06 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the kind words.. Next update should be a good one regarding my suspension set up..
Old 07-30-2012 | 01:21 PM
Staging Troll

this car is a work of art. how would you be able to tandem and get close to walls after this beauty is finished? haha lemme guess.. gold wheels too?
Old 07-30-2012 | 04:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blkjck
this car is a work of art. how would you be able to tandem and get close to walls after this beauty is finished? haha lemme guess.. gold wheels too?
Hahahaha, gold wheels. well sorry to burst your bubble going to be rocking all black wheels. A couple of pages back you can see the Market/Show wheels I will be running. My competition/drift wheels are similar but 18s

And as for being scared to drift this thing.. That is not me sir, whats the point of build a car if you can't us it for what its built for.. Trust me I will have lots of spare body parts so I always look good.. lol.. But lets hope I don't see a wall to soon..
Old 07-30-2012 | 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

i like it good job bro
Old 08-04-2012 | 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Great build!! Can't wait to see the final result and see some videos of it in action
Old 08-05-2012 | 12:45 PM
Launching!

Thanks bro for the kind words.. I can't wait to finish her either.. And to rip at the track..
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:38 AM

nice build
Old 08-06-2012 | 02:24 PM
Launching!

^^ Thanks

Here is a nice little tease of the up and coming build update...

Can you say "GOT Angle!!"

of course I need to adjust the SAK but this is just a tease...
Old 08-06-2012 | 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yesss!
Old 08-06-2012 | 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome build and great pics!!!

Quick Reply: LS1 350z Drift Build 'Nuff Said'