Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3L PVC hose location

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.3L PVC hose location

I am wondering if anyone here could help me on where the pvc and the valve cover breather hose would connect. I have a 2005 5.3L from a pick up and a 4L60E transmission that I am putting in a 1965 Chevy C-10 pick-up. I put an LS6 intake on the motor and I am using a drive by wire throttle body. I am not sure where or what port to hook up the pvc and/or the vavle cover breather hose to. I have read in a few forms about this could be an issue if there are not hook up in the correct spots. I am sure this has been covered in the forms, I looked around but could not find the answer. If someone has the correct way could you please help me out. Thanks in advance for any info.
I don't have a good picture of the top of the motor so I hope this one will show you what I have.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 02-06-2012, 03:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The drivers side PCV valve gos to the passenger side of the intake manifold behond the throttle body. That's the port you see in the pic.
The passenger side valve cover tube in the pic gets attached to your intake tube befor the TB but after the MAF. This way it gets filtered metered air.
Earlier TBs had a fitting that flowed air from in front of the TB, yours might not. I drlled and tapped a fitting to the intake where there's a port through the TB before the throttle blade (pic below), but attaching anywhere between the TB and MAF will work.

Last edited by garys 68; 02-06-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the info. I wan't sure what tube went where. I can check that off my to do list.

Quick Reply: 5.3L PVC hose location