Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

68 chevelle goes under the LS knife.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a lil more done today and yesterday, got the fuel system all in and plumbed and ready to go. Pick up my alternator/p.s bracket from the powdercoater and got my idler relocation bracket on and P.S. pump on, and the way its looking ill have plenty of clearance around my Jeep box with the stock truck pulley. Getting close just have all the wiring to do fluids,hoses,throttle cable few gauges and air intake. Going to tackle the harness tomorrow that i picked up from PSI Conversion.
Attached Thumbnails 68 chevelle goes under the LS knife.-2012-03-24_18-21-44_14.jpg   68 chevelle goes under the LS knife.-2012-03-24_18-21-54_475.jpg  
Old 03-24-2012, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awsome, get this thing running!!!!!! I got my *** smacked buy a Z28 last night. It sounded really healthy and had drag radials though.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99VetteFRC
Awsome, get this thing running!!!!!! I got my *** smacked buy a Z28 last night. It sounded really healthy and had drag radials though.
Im trying man need get as much done as i can O.C is coming up fast and would like to running in few weeks so i have time to work out the bugs. And thats shity bout the Z28, but you got a trick up your sleeve for him he dont know about. What you do about your trans?
Old 03-24-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 68BBChevelle
Im trying man need get as much done as i can O.C is coming up fast and would like to running in few weeks so i have time to work out the bugs. And thats shity bout the Z28, but you got a trick up your sleeve for him he dont know about. What you do about your trans?
I put a good Th350 in the car. It's been in the damn thing 3 or 4 times. I even have a driveshaft set up to make it a quick swap. It was even in there once for less than 12 hrs...LMFAO. It works great just no OD. I would like to get some LS conversion cars to meat at the beach. Would be neat to meet some guys I talk to on here.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I put a good Th350 in the car. It's been in the damn thing 3 or 4 times. I even have a driveshaft set up to make it a quick swap. It was even in there once for less than 12 hrs...LMFAO. It works great just no OD. I would like to get some LS conversion cars to meat at the beach. Would be neat to meet some guys I talk to on here.
Hopefully it will work out better than the 700r4. I want an 5 or 6 speed badly but got other priorities first. Yes i would be cool to meet up i got a buddy coming down with an s10 with an ls1 and t56. Hes been helping me out the swap and been helpful with tips and tricks. How long will you be down for? Do you ever go to the Mid Atlantic Chevelle Show in Northeast Md in June?
Old 03-24-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Never been to the MCC show, they wouldn't let me join when I had a BBC 12bolt 79 Malibu, so when the prez of the club asked me when I bought the 70 I told him the story and said no. I am going down on Wed morning, we hang out at the Food Lion lot at the 120th Street shopping center. Come on down. Hope you get the car at least MA running to bring it to the beach. I most likely won't have turbos on till the OCT show. I would take my Vette but last OCT I got 2 spinning tires tickets. LMAO, my wife was right behind me in her SRT8 Challenger when I got the second.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Never been to the MCC show, they wouldn't let me join when I had a BBC 12bolt 79 Malibu, so when the prez of the club asked me when I bought the 70 I told him the story and said no. I am going down on Wed morning, we hang out at the Food Lion lot at the 120th Street shopping center. Come on down. Hope you get the car at least MA running to bring it to the beach. I most likely won't have turbos on till the OCT show. I would take my Vette but last OCT I got 2 spinning tires tickets. LMAO, my wife was right behind me in her SRT8 Challenger when I got the second.
Ive been wanting to go check it out but it falls on the same weekend as the De. State fair show. And its only 12 miles from my house vs. 65 miles. And i know its going to be a great show its 3 days long and brings in 500+ cars every year. Ill def keep in touch bout O.C. and Im trying to avoid those burnout tickets its my home state so those points will stick. lol
Old 03-24-2012, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I grew up in Balto. My bro used to live in Bridgeville De so I know right where Denton is. I met a couple guys in Oct that told me to join this site. Corvette guys. Fast freakin cars. I hope I get a windfall so I can get my turbos on before the beach.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Getting closer got the harness all in,ecu under the dash, fuse block, obd port and check engine light all inside the glove box. Had to order a few other small parts so just maybe i can get her to fire this weekend!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive been wanting to go check it out but it falls on the same weekend as the De. State fair show. And its only 12 miles from my house vs. 65 miles. And i know its going to be a great show its 3 days long and brings in 500+ cars every year. Ill def keep in touch bout O.C. and Im trying to avoid those burnout tickets its my home state so those points will stick. lol
Is that the Harrington Fairgrounds Show?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah its the Harrington show. www.sdsra.net
Old 03-27-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah its the Harrington show. www.sdsra.net
I've never been there but I know several people from this area that go every year and they tell me it's an awsome show. I would love to go, but since I got to OC every year I can't afford to do both.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've never been there but I know several people from this area that go every year and they tell me it's an awsome show. I would love to go, but since I got to OC every year I can't afford to do both.
You should consider making it, Oc is nice but the cops have really drug it down in the past few years, Harrington show in my opinion is better because it has more going on like the burnout, flamethrowers, teeter totter, muffler rap, and light show competitions. The burnout show and flamethrowers are badass!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you get to cruise around to other lots and stuff or is the whole thing at the fairgrounds?
Old 03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you get to cruise around to other lots and stuff or is the whole thing at the fairgrounds?
Its all at the fairgrounds.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

68BB, I see your using the trk alt. brkt.. I sure hope you've checked the hood clearence with the Alt. installed..... I had to go to the 105amp alt. instead of the 145amp one to get mine to clear in my 71 with the domed hood. In my 66 with the 2" cowl hood it (105AMP) won't clear w/o cutting hole in the under side panel...
JUST FYI......
Rick
Old 03-31-2012, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by flywheel
68BB, I see your using the trk alt. brkt.. I sure hope you've checked the hood clearence with the Alt. installed..... I had to go to the 105amp alt. instead of the 145amp one to get mine to clear in my 71 with the domed hood. In my 66 with the 2" cowl hood it (105AMP) won't clear w/o cutting hole in the under side panel...
JUST FYI......
Rick
Im using the 105amp alt. Ive got the SS hood that i planned on using for now. Ive also got a 4" cowl hood too but got to get the body work and paint done to it.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just don't slam it the first tym back on.... I bet it hits the under side......Definetly test fit the 4" hood b4 painting it..... Good luck bud.....Ya outa take it to Chevellabration in Nashvile in june....I hope to be there again......
Rick
Old 03-31-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by flywheel
just don't slam it the first tym back on.... I bet it hits the under side......Definetly test fit the 4" hood b4 painting it..... Good luck bud.....Ya outa take it to Chevellabration in Nashvile in june....I hope to be there again......
Rick
I put a board across it and i have like an inch of clearance. I measured where it falls on my hood and it falls in the middle of a cross brace. Measured the cowl hood its wide open and will have plenty of room just have to get it done buy no time. Would love to make it to chevellabration but we have a huge local car show then. Thanks for the heads up tho. Prolly going to test fit hood tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow. Not really sure why the alt hits, mine doesn't. I have SS hood and probly 105amp alt, but all my stuff clears, even the Vortec engine cover.

Quick Reply: 68 chevelle goes under the LS knife.