Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBay Radiators

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 07:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Nice though is it three times the price of the one in this thread?

I might just do a D100 style radiator for the creeper (D100 = 60's 70's Mopar)
Old 08-20-2012, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, cost is just North of $600. They do have in stock alternatives for LS conversions that are less expensive. But they won't fit the hole I have to put one in. Here are a bunch listed at Summit and they have a 10% off sale going on.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?...fin%20LS&dds=1
Old 08-20-2012, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pat, good to see and chat with you at HAN again.. let us know how the new radiator works out.. what are you going to do about tires and wheels now ?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Looking at that list I just might go the Griffin route for my 1965 Buick Skylark. Probably do the Derale dual fans while I am at it.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bczee
Pat, good to see and chat with you at HAN again.. let us know how the new radiator works out.. what are you going to do about tires and wheels now ?
Glad to see you, and family too. For starters I am replacing my lower control arm bushings. That's the only thing I have not updated in the suspension. During that process I should find out anything else that's loose, or out of whack. After it is all tightened up, I will have it aligned. I have new tires on order to put on after I have a good alignment. Going to stay with the 14 inch wheels up front. I picked up the bushings and a spring compressor today, busy day under the car tomorrow.

Pat
Old 08-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curious to see how the griffin does! I just bought one myself but my car is a ways from being on the road. Let us know how it does, great thread by the way and beautiful car!!
Old 09-03-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I received my Griffin radiator and have it installed. It is very well built and made in the USA. This radiator is built on the template that they have for a 1953 Studebaker and then configured for an LS installation. It has two rows of 1.25 inch tubes, compared to 4 rows of .25 inch tubes in my old down flow. Griffin expert said that on a down flow you can put the inlet and outlet on the same side of the radiator and it will work fine, so that is what they did. They also sized them to match the LS and added a steam port. I have mine plumbed to my water pump so will plug that. Here's the radiator:

I am installing the fan without a shroud for now as that is how I had it before and it worked pretty well. You can see the fan bracket here:

Here it is with hoses and and the cold air induction installed:

I may eventually add some sheet metal around the front and edges to clean things up and force more air through. I drove it around with the AC on in 90 degree heat yesterday and it held at about 205, I plan to give it another work out today in 95 degree heat. Also will be pulling some hills with it next week-end to see how it does there. It also has a trans cooler in the bottom tank, but I am not plumbing that in just yet.

Anyone have suggestions on what to use to clean fingerprints and such on aluminum?

Pat

PS, The hoses are from Gates, the upper is p/n 21025 and the lower is 22139. The lower one should work for a lot of applications if your lower outlet is aimed up. I had to trim each of them a little bit.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a Northern radiator that I bought off eBay with the inlet and outlet both on the passenger side. No leaks, cools great. It's a universal fit radiator so fitment isn't the best but I will be making it work a little better this winter.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

"I may eventually add some sheet metal around the front and edges to clean things up and force more air through."

That is one of the keys. The air pulled around from the engine compartment is also hot air. So you are on the right track.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Curious about the Northern, Champion, and Monster brands. Anyone have any experience with any of those?

Quick Reply: EBay Radiators