Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck MAF housing busted; options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Truck MAF housing busted; options?

I'm trying to use the stock truck MAF that came w/my engine (2010 L96 6.0 truck motor), but the MAF was destroyed in the wreck. I ordered a replacement MAF from one the yards, and it didn't come with the housing either--although the sensor was fine. So, what are the options to mount a stock MAF sensor?

I was following futureuser's build since he also had an LY6 made a housing with a 4" tube and an adapter from GM (pics below) so I bought it to duplicate and did not notice he must have used an LS3 MAF; the stock truck one will not fit. So what are my options? Does the LS3 MAF use the same electrical connector as my truck MAF; i.e., is the simplest solution just to spring for an LS3 MAF (around $85 on fleabay)? Or what is the easiest way to mount the truck MAF which is already wired correctly and I have the sensor?

Appreciate any feedback; pics greatly desired for those that have solved this type problem.
Attached Thumbnails Truck MAF housing busted; options?-maf-intake-tube-no-fit.jpg  

Last edited by Goldhawg; 06-09-2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This may be an option I found.
http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...s-here-493367/

I've got a message in and hope to find out monday if this will be cost effective. Can anybody confirm that the LS3 maf has the same electrical connector as the truck maf or do I need to get an adapter there as well as the maf if I go that route?
Old 06-09-2012, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't confirm for the newer stuff, but the older MAFs had different plugs for the cars/trucks. The truck MAF had the IAT built in (5 wire) while the car MAF did not (3 wire).

See if you can get a good picture of the LS3 MAF. As long as its got the same number of pins, it should be a direct swap.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Check Rock Auto for a 2010 truck and Camaro. It has pics of the plugs, they look the same, and they're only $50.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can the maf programming be removed from the PCM and eliminated alltogether? Whats the pros and cons if so?

Quick Reply: Truck MAF housing busted; options?