Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can a 2002 truck PCM and harness support hi and low speed electric fans?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

First thing to check is if the high speed fan relay control wire is pinned in the pcm connector.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t72ss402
Yes you can.

Pin 42 - empty - Fan 1 Control - This will be empty on 99-2002 harnesses. A pin can be added for electric fan control. Programming will enable the fan control. PCM supplies a GROUND to turn on a relay. If you have two fans, keep reading, pin for fan 2 will be on the RED connector C2. You must wire your fans through a relay.

Pin 33 - Dk Green - Fan 2 Control - some 99-02 harnesses will have a pin here, this was used for the HVAC Recirculation Door control. The PCM would control the A/C recirculation to help cool the a/c system if it got too hot. In an engine swap, programming can be changed to let this control a second cooling fan. Again, PCM supplies a GROUND to run on a relay. You must wire your fans through a relay.

Got this info from www.lt1swap.com.

Tim.
does your fans have low and high speed? if so can you send me the file settings on tune so i can have my pcm files in order to work both speeds?
i have an 02 avalanche and my tunner guy says there is no setting in the hpt file to have both speeds set to work. any suggestions???

Quick Reply: Can a 2002 truck PCM and harness support hi and low speed electric fans?