Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS wiring harness PSI- modern vintage or speartech

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those who have used PSI can you post pics of your harness installed? Curious how clean you can install the PSI harness. Thanks in advance...
Old 05-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have spoken with him several times and he has helped me kinda gather parts up for the harness I need.

PSI all the way!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My harness is not the best example for pictures as I integrated my factory a-body harness into the PSI harness. What I must say is how well Jon has treated me since I purchased my harness. I have called/email several times or the last year. I started out with an LY6, swapping out the fuel rails, intake including the map, switched over the card style maf, LS3 alternator, decided to add oil pressure output to the PMC, with all of the changes, some included in the original harness build and some well after the fact. Jon’s response time is outstanding, weekends are no exception. Even when your problem is self induced he will call you on a Saturday night and get you back on track. I purchased my harness, had him reprogram my PCM and TCM, purchased extra harness tape was supplied with extra canon plugs replacement terminals and was assisted with the integration with the rest of the a-body harness. The harness fits well, wire has some slack but don’t hang out everywhere, it was complete and I have not found a fault with the craftsmanship of their work. He is an all round good guy, call him and chat, you won't regret it.
Ron
Attached Thumbnails LS wiring harness PSI- modern vintage or speartech-dscf2142.jpg   LS wiring harness PSI- modern vintage or speartech-dscf2143.jpg   LS wiring harness PSI- modern vintage or speartech-dscf2144.jpg   LS wiring harness PSI- modern vintage or speartech-dscf2145.jpg  
Old 05-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

PSI harness. I had a few problems, but John helped me out. It can be modified to install very clean without cutting any wires.

Name:  011_zpscfd1db92.jpg
Views: 2792
Size:  118.4 KB
Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 67Skylark
My harness is not the best example for pictures as I integrated my factory a-body harness into the PSI harness. What I must say is how well Jon has treated me since I purchased my harness. I have called/email several times or the last year. I started out with an LY6, swapping out the fuel rails, intake including the map, switched over the card style maf, LS3 alternator, decided to add oil pressure output to the PMC, with all of the changes, some included in the original harness build and some well after the fact. Jon’s response time is outstanding, weekends are no exception. Even when your problem is self induced he will call you on a Saturday night and get you back on track. I purchased my harness, had him reprogram my PCM and TCM, purchased extra harness tape was supplied with extra canon plugs replacement terminals and was assisted with the integration with the rest of the a-body harness. The harness fits well, wire has some slack but don’t hang out everywhere, it was complete and I have not found a fault with the craftsmanship of their work. He is an all round good guy, call him and chat, you won't regret it.
Ron
Thank you for the pictures. Is that loom from PSI or did you add that? I have only seen their harness with the split plastic loom.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by VegaJim
PSI harness. I had a few problems, but John helped me out. It can be modified to install very clean without cutting any wires.

AWESOME VEGA!!! My mom had a vega when I was a kid. She totaled it on the freeway after hitting Gladys Knights limo, lol... No one was hurt.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bp Automotive is another great choice, and sponsor. Bill is great to talk to, and provides excellent support. Couldn't go wrong with either.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterD
Thank you for the pictures. Is that loom from PSI or did you add that? I have only seen their harness with the split plastic loom.
The stuff under the hood I installed, Fabric heat shrink with sealing heat shrink on the ends. Not real sure how it is going to work out yet only rated at 275F. I really like the looks of it, but pita if you forget something, cut it off and start over. Comes in several sizes, purchased from EDMO.com. Take a look at website and feel free to PM if you want some samples or need help with partnumber selection.

PSI = Great customer support
Old 05-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Launching!

Just ordered mine from PSI, L76 G8 motor with drive by wire, pedal, and 4L80E harness for 860 shipped
Old 05-08-2013, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zfan
Just ordered mine from PSI, L76 G8 motor with drive by wire, pedal, and 4L80E harness for 860 shipped
not bad at all!!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Anyone thinking about the long term relaibility
I think I was one of the first to purchase their harness on this site. I bought form them when they were just selling them on eBay.

I think it's been 3 or 4 years now and no hiccups. I actually replaced the factory harness because i was having connection issues with it and they havent been an issue since swapping over to the PSI harness.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

Ok I have narrowed my harness & tune down to speartech or PSI. I just have a few questions.

PSI harness includes fuse and relay panel does speartech or do you have to add your on for fans etc.

Does anyone run the PSI LS2 58x with 6l80 harness and tune package? If so do you have tap shift functional.
Will a speartech tap shift toggle switch and box funtion with the PSI harness and tune? Jon says it will I would just like verification from someone using it.

Thanks
Rocky

Last edited by rockytopper; 08-02-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

I have only had experience with PSI. My harness worked great however I was a little un satisfied with the support but maybe I'm hard to please. I just feel like after I leave a voice mail I shouldn't have to call again within 24 hours only to leave another voice mail. Apparently e-mail is the prefered method of communication, however I hate e-mails. I like to speak with someone directly and in a timely manner.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zTimbo
I have only had experience with PSI. My harness worked great however I was a little un satisfied with the support but maybe I'm hard to please. I just feel like after I leave a voice mail I shouldn't have to call again within 24 hours only to leave another voice mail. Apparently e-mail is the prefered method of communication, however I hate e-mails. I like to speak with someone directly and in a timely manner.
Are you running a 6l80e and tap shift?
Old 08-03-2015, 02:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

We offer a 6l80e kit with controller, pedal etc, or a standalone harness, both will be specific for the engine and trans combo you are running. We use factory wiring and ecm/tcm, so anyone's shifter will work.

http://secure.ultracart.com/catalog/.../KIT-1071.html

http://secure.ultracart.com/catalog/...X/6L80E-6L90E/

You can give us a call at 732-444-3277, or email or message us on facebook. We have a GM A tech, Gary, on call 8-5 monday through friday.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: LS wiring harness PSI- modern vintage or speartech