Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTO dash in chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69 Ghost
If you are using the BCM then the vats is contained in the BCM. With the new GTO column and key there is no need to reprogram the PCM. The BCM will also give you the factory alarm and for $80 or so put in some power door locks and your remote works. If you want a electric trunk you can find the older electric trunk latches for around another $80 on ebay that bolt right in. I say go for it. I kept my almost stock dash and used the entire 4th gen wiring minus the airbags and antilock brakes since they don't make 12 bolt axles that you can retrofit sensors on in the back. If you need some particulars I can send you some schematics.
Nice, thank you. The donor column w/ key, PCM, and BCM all came from different donor cars so I take it it doesn't read the right key? So if I delete VATS the remote functions will still work?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The interior pics sure look familiar; I am doing something very similar with my build, check it out in the link below. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

The wiring harness was a pain to get out of the GTO donor but it has helped greatly to get all the components working in the older car in a plug and play manner.

Good to see the interior door panels fit so well, I haven't gotten far enough in my build to try that but that gives me more confidence it would work. I haven't figured out how yet to get the ducting to the defroster vents to work, I want to get that done before I reinstall the windshield.

Keep posting, would love to see how you get the rest of the interior in. Great job so far!

Quick Reply: GTO dash in chevelle