Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mustang?

Yep, another stupid mustang! I mostly lurk here but I'm bored so I figured I'd start a thread for my Mustang now that it's about done.

This is when I first got it, I started by throwing the block in it and mocking it up.

Then we started rebuilding it, new rings, new bearings, arp rod bolts, and head studs.

I went with a custom cam, basically an ms3, .601 .609 239/242 lsa 112. Dynatech headers and built 4l60e.

To anyone who's thinking of doing this swap, dont try and put the engine in with the headers on lol, drop the engine to the headers!

Just an ls1 intake, got it super cheap, with a super ported tb.

Then I started running fuel lines, just one for the feed. I'm using a corvette fuel filter/regulator. I'm going to mount it where the factory foxbody one is.

Originally I was going to use the aftermarket fox body radiator that came with the car, I didn't like the way it looked though so I got a camaro one with the fans. I'm glad I did because it looks waaaaay better.

Today I dropped the fuel tank because I had no idea what fuel pump was in it. Turns out it's got a walbro 255, so I'm good there.

Got the accessory belts on, got the remote oil filter finished. Just need to finish the fuel lines and wiring and I'll be ready to fire her up!

Last edited by Travbabble; 09-02-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 593 Likes on 471 Posts

Awsome car dude. I Love it. I never really thought THAT body style would look good silver. I was alway partial to black or midnight blue.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
Awsome car dude. I Love it. I never really thought THAT body style would look good silver. I was alway partial to black or midnight blue.
Thanks, Im partial to black too. It's only got 66k on the body so that helps a lot lol
Old 09-03-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Regular

Nice swap. I never get tired of seeing Mustang swaps! Is the Lightning up next??
Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99MUSTANG5.3L
Nice swap. I never get tired of seeing Mustang swaps! Is the Lightning up next??
The lightning has been good to me after a year of abuse. If it ever does blow up though then yes, I'll probably swap an iron block 6.0 into it.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Old 09-14-2012, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

Sweeeet! I thought this car was framilar. You bought it from a friend of mine! Nice job!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Launching!

are you using the stock throttle cable?
how'd you hook up your steam tube?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TopNotchLSX
Sweeeet! I thought this car was framilar. You bought it from a friend of mine! Nice job!
Which one, I know the previous two owners haha. I convinced the first one to do the ls swap, when he gave up I told the next one it was for sale. Then when he gave up I wanted it!

Originally Posted by tired2valve
are you using the stock throttle cable?
how'd you hook up your steam tube?
Yep, using stock cable with ls1 bracket. Steam tube I have hooked up to stock location on the camaro radiator.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Nice car man cool build
Old 09-17-2012, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=Travbabble;16727864]Which one, I know the previous two owners haha. I convinced the first one to do the ls swap, when he gave up I told the next one it was for sale. Then when he gave up I wanted it!

My friends name is Justin. It was recent so i'm sure he was the last owner. I really wanted him to keep going on it lol.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TopNotchLSX

My friends name is Justin. It was recent so i'm sure he was the last owner. I really wanted him to keep going on it lol.
I know Justin pretty well haha. I'm the one that told him it was for sale from the owner before him (and another friend).
Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Travbabble
I know Justin pretty well haha. I'm the one that told him it was for sale from the owner before him (and another friend).
Haha, the internet sure does make it a small world! I hope to see the car since i never got too while he owned it. I'm building an 89 nothch LS myself so it's good inspiration seeing his old car finished!

Quick Reply: Mustang?