Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd balancer question

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 06:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by S10xGN
Scot, I don't remember and I won't be home until the 20th. I recall your thread from before about the interference, why not section the x-mem until it fits, then reinforce it? Hot-rodders are pretty good at "making things fit"...
It also interferes with the stock Monte motor mounts in stock location. Move them back you say.... Then headers dont fit. UGH.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samckitt
This ATI damper would solve all my problems, but I am not a celebrity like Mark Steilow, so they won't make one for me.

This may not do it afterall. I dont think the AC grooves will fit between the SC belt location & the regular accessory belt. Maybe could move the SC pulley out .5", & have a new pulley made for the supercharger....... UGH. Or maybe just do without it, or go with something from LSX Concepts. Or do without AC, in VA? nah.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:14 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by samckitt
Currently I have 1" setback plates from Transdapt. No way the SD7 will fit with them without major cutting of the front crossmember. I have the Holley motor mounts as well, but they interfere with the compressor, using their bracket for Vette spacing. I have compared the truck compressor to the SD7 & it is longer than the SD7, making condition worse.
My understanding is the truck comp. sits highest and furthest forward, making some possible problems, not problems.
This documents / has pics of fitment of a specific truck comp. model without rear facing switch fitting using truck spacing with Spohn mounts. I am just in parts gathering mode, but that suits my wants: no frame notching, Low AC that isn't flying high like a teapot spout.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmd
My understanding is the truck comp. sits highest and furthest forward, making some possible problems, not problems.
This documents / has pics of fitment of a specific truck comp. model without rear facing switch fitting using truck spacing with Spohn mounts. I am just in parts gathering mode, but that suits my wants: no frame notching, Low AC that isn't flying high like a teapot spout.
The supercharger requires the use of the Vette accessory spacing, which also pushes the AC compressor back. If I wasn't trying to add the SC, that would be an option, or keep the high mount Holley bracket. :-) Thanks.

Comparison, Corvette left, LSA middle, truck right.

Last edited by samckitt; 10-05-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Odd balancer question