Sponsored by:

69 Camaro LSX Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69Lsx6.0
Update:

Got the pan installed on the engine, with long tube Hooker headers installed as well. Test fit done (Everything fits!) and all looks good.

I bought a LS1 intake for cheap of craigslist, but it doesnt have injectors or rails. I have decided to use the stock truck rails and injectors for now, but I have a quick question. Is there a way to change the crossover between the two truck rails? It sits way to high on top of the LS1 intake. I'd like to run an AN line between the two if thats possible.

I've also heard that sometimes a cable throttle body will clear the truck water pump, but I've also heard it wont. Any ideas? I planned on changing the water pump and getting some spacers, but if I dont have to that be great.

Thanks!
I've seen guys block off the holes for the crossover tube on the truck fuel rails and then drill and tap then ends of the rails and use AN fittings in the ends. i was going to do the same thing but there were a few issues i ran into. all the AN fittings are NPT (national pipe thread) and the common taps are all either metric, national fine thread or national course thread. so trying to figure out the right size hole and find the right tap somewhere for NPT it just came down to being easier to buy fuel rails.

with the throttle body if put a throttle body spacer on it, cut the top upper water neck down and put a 90 degree hose with a hose clamp right off the water pump there should be just enough clearance. thats how i did mine and it looks like its going to work
Old 09-29-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 591 Likes on 469 Posts

Sweet looking 69 Camaro!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

I have another question...Does anybody know where I connect my turbo 350 trans vacuum hose ? I have the motor and tranny installed and just put the headers in. I didn't think about the tranny vacuum hose until it was already in. BTW..Everything seems to line up perfect. The tranny is exactly where it is supposed to be. The drive shaft is also in and is spot on.

My other question is : Does anybody know where I can tap into the block to run an aftermarket oil pressure gauge line ? I know you can use the one on the stock oil pan but I had to change it to an aftermarket pan and there's no provision for a fitting.

Thanks

Old 09-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

I got the LS1 intake mocked up, and can see a few issues that Im going to run into. The idler pully is real close to the Throttle Body, and I cant remember if there is a way to relocate it. Also, there is clearance issues with the water neck, Im thinking of taking it to a machine shop and having them locate the water neck to the front of the pump, and caping the original spot. This way I dont have to buy an F body pump and spacers.

Also, there is a water tap in the top of the pump, can I relocate that somewhere else on the pump? Or can I get rid of it?

Old 09-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

I'm getting close. Just have to get past a few more hurdles
Old 12-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Im at the point now where I need to run my throttle and TV cable. Does anyone have a solution for the TV? And what length do I need for the throttle?

My original setup used a rod style throttle, so would I run the cable to the lever on the firewall, or run it to the pedel itself?

Here are more recent pics... And yes, the alternator clears the hood!

Old 07-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

I'm done with the swap! Got the final tune done, no leaks, new exhaust, and the Corvette coil covers put on.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Bringing this back from the dead with a couple of questions.

What did you do for the vacuum line from your TH350?

What did you do to mount the kickdown cable from your TH350?
Old 01-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

I ran the vacuum line into a port located near the throttle body. I didn't use a kick down cable for the tranny. It works fine without one. I ran it this way all summer last year into fall and didn't even notice a difference.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 69Lsx6.0
I ran the vacuum line into a port located near the throttle body. I didn't use a kick down cable for the tranny. It works fine without one. I ran it this way all summer last year into fall and didn't even notice a difference.
Cool, thanks man. I appreciate the response.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 591 Likes on 469 Posts

69LSx6.0,
Damn dude. That looks awesome!!!!!! Congrats.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 122 Likes on 109 Posts

SYC LSx Turned out great.

Quick Reply: 69 Camaro LSX Swap