Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Swapped 68' Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shanex25
Have kept up with your build since you've started. Looks like you participated in ls fest with it this year. How did it do? Wrapping up my swap now and plan to participate this year. I remember seeing your car out there last year.
Sorry I haven't been on here in months, The car done quite well actually on the autocross track. If I had some upgraded steering, wheels and tires I could of made a better time. But for someone who engineered their own 4link I don't think I did terrible.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Well everyone I thought I should wrap up the last part of my build thread with my suspension. I decided to build my own 4 link. This took days and nights of research, trial and error and lots of head scratching to figure out. I wanted to build this car to autocross in, and the factory 10 and mono leaf wouldn't do it. I was pressed for time to get to LSFest, with one month to design, fabricate and work out the bugs on my suspension. Here is the first prototype that didn't work out. I originally was making my 4 link upper arms work off the Chevelle Control arm mounts casted in the 12 bolt. But after making that it put my suspension in a bind, and didn't have the correct travel room.

So being pressed for time, and having my fuel lines ran I couldn't weld with all my external fuel assembly in place. So I drug my 67 parts car and set it on the rotisserie.

After getting the triangulated 4 link done, I had problems with the pinion angle because the T56 sat downward. I hand made this trans tunnel out of 18 gauge steel.

I got done 2 days before LSFest. It was a no sleep, no life month. But I did it. My RTS didn't work out in the front and I had to rock rallys. Kind of funny seeing my primered junk out there at the track. But at least I can say I took the time to build it myself.

Last edited by BlackLS1Camaro; 08-04-2017 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude this car is awesome! Very well done.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty interesting on how you set up your jig for the rear end work, a car flipped upside down in the shop. LOL Great job though!!
Old 07-23-2015, 01:57 AM
Teching In

Great job!! Thanks for all the good ideas.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys! Always nice to hear good feedback

Quick Reply: LS1 Swapped 68' Camaro