Sponsored by:

1947-1953 Chevy Truck HEADERS???

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by knickel
hey Doug,how are you?
If you click on his username, then click on "Send a private message to DW SD", you can send him a note directly rather than hoping he'll see your post in a thread he hasn't posted in since March 2016.
Old 12-01-2022, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Parker,
Those headers look very nice. I just finished up a '48 and one of the few areas I am unhappy with is my header situation. I went with GTO cast headers and had to do some voodoo welding to them after customization. As you mentioned you haven't mocked up your steering shaft. Looks like you went with a Mustang II based front Coilover setup and rack. I went with a standard Mustang II and power steering rack and had a hell of a time with 1. getting headers to fit inside frame and 2. getting around the steering shaft. Your post wasn't very long ago but I am curious if you have mocked up your steering shaft and if so, how did it go? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-31-2023, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Barnaby thanks for checking in. I have not started mocking up my steering shaft. In my mind I think I know what I need, but i only get to pick at this truck here and there so haven't made much progress. Since I've posted those photos I have the engine mounts welded to the frame and the trans crossmember is complete, so my engine and trans are mounted in their final resting spot in the frame. I am mocking up the steering column now inside the cab and where it'll pass through the firewall. I'm working on reinforcing the firewall for my brake pedal setup, I'm mounting the master cylinder and booster to the firewall. Next step is to work on the steering shaft from the end of the column to the rack. Maybe I should start a build thread?

Quick Reply: 1947-1953 Chevy Truck HEADERS???