Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Needing LS mounts for a Factory Fox K-member?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Needing LS mounts for a Factory Fox K-member?

Does anyone know where I can find some LS mounts that mounts on a factory 1993 Mustang Fox body? I called UPR and theirs are only for a SN95 K-member.. Thanks I just need them for shipping purposes. Once the Notch arrives I plan on a Team Z swap. Thanks for the help....

Mike
usssamike13@aol.com
Old 01-02-2013, 07:29 PM
12 Second Club

Brp is the only ones i can think of but they are expensive as hell
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Teching In

I know the same feeling. I have searched all over and cant find any others besides brp.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

I saw those... but they are sure proud of them that is for sure!!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:51 PM

What about these bad boys?

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-g...unt-solid.html
Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jimbo4259
Those only work with the 4.6 k-member.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:50 PM

I should read the entire post next time...
Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Stay far away from the z k-member.......do a search...

Last edited by booboo37; 01-06-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Teching In

I made my own solid mounts out 2 1/4" steel with a 2" square tube connecting them. They turned out alright. now I just need to build my own custom headers.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by booboo37
Stay far away from the Team z k-member.......do a search...
I dont know why you are so Butt-Hurt.....
but you need to take your head out of your ***

I love their K-member..as do many many others....
its one of teh best ones built, but you do have to be smarter about your choice in oil pans....
and Team Z is working on designing one that will fit more pans
Old 01-05-2013, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

People are piissst because they have to buy a $500 Moroso pan or they have to cut and weld a GM pan..............If there so great then why do i see so many for sale on different forums and theres people selling the motor mounts and making new ones.....How can it be so great if they have to redesign it ? Also the way Dave has the motor sitting so low i bet theres no headers that will clear the steering shaft.....Also if he comes out with a new kmember or motor mounts shouldn`t he come out with new trans cross members to match..so people can use them with the kmember so the motor ends up at the right angle ??? AJE does this..........Also the Ls fbody oil pan clears the AJE kmember by 1/2 inch.. Also with the AJE kmember the Kooks headers clear every where including the steering shaft....Its all a bolt in conversion like people want...

Last edited by booboo37; 01-06-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:44 AM
8 Second Club

People are piissst because they have to buy a $500 Moroso pan or they have to cut and weld a GM pan..............If there so great then why do i see so many for sale on different forums and theres people selling the motor mounts and making new ones.....How can it be so great if they have to redesign it ? Also the way Dave has the motor sitting so low i bet theres no headers that will clear the steering shaft.....Also if he comes out with a new kmember or motor mounts shouldn`t he come out with new trans cross members to match..so people can use them with the kmember so the motor ends up at the right angle ??? AJE does this..........Also the Ls fbody oil pan clears the AJE kmember by 1/2 inch.. Also with the AJE kmember the Kooks headers clear every where including the steering shaft....Its all a bolt in conversion like people want...

Heres my mock up motor with AJE kmember with my AJE trans cross member with ls fbody oil pan with Kooks headers......

you find just as much of the AJE stuff for sale as well......if not more
I have 3 friends with AJE stuff that hate it because it fits like Junk...
I have only 1 friend that says it fit correctly on their car.....

not one person I know says that the Team Z has issues with fitting of lining up properly.

the only people selling their team Z k-members are selling them because they didnt do any reasearch first or talk to team z about things like what else is needed, and they are too cheap to buy a different oil pan

people make assumptions instead of talking to the sales person or asking if anything else is needed

Team Z never said it would work with everything, and the description says works with SBC and LSx, so its not specifically designed around an LS engine
it also doesnt mention any specific oil pans, which means you need to ask about that

Dave said he is redesigning one to work with more pans... when they designed it originally, there was not much concensus as to what pan to use, and they chose to use a pan designed to go Racing, not just somebodies stock pan.
they designed it originally around a race car..not a daily driver budget build
now they are working on making it so that the guy who buys a motor that was just pulled out of some wrecked Firebird can just drop it in.
its not their fault that people are cheap bastards in general and dont realize they are a Race car company, not a daily driver company.

I'm not sure if you understand anything about engine angle...or what it is supposed to be, or why there is no one single "right angle"
there are many right angles, and it very much varies depending on what the car is built for
the trans cross member does not necessarily have to be redesigned for a new k-member
when you install an engine, it can be any angle you want as long as the transmission is inline with the pinion yoke, beyond that, all else does not matter. the one problem you run into is if there is if its dead centered on the yoke, and you have no angle on one or both of the ends, the U-Joint does not self lubricate and it wears out quicker...
in a race car, this is not as much of a concern as it is in a daily driver, so you point exactly at the center of the rear so your angle out of the transmission is 0 and you can then adjust the rear to exactly the pinion angle you want for optimal geometry.
in Factory built car, with non adjustable parts, they set the engine and trans to match their desired optimal pinion angle for the intended use...
and if you notice, the mustang foxbody geometry sucks from the factory

also... he has the motor "sitting so low" because you want it as low as you can get it safely to be able to get your center of gravity lower, which makes for a better race car

you should take a look at my build and see how low mine sits...on purpose
my headers do sit a little lower than I would like them to, but Its because of the design of the headers themselves because I bought an off the shelf header instead of trying to make my own custom set(which would not have been easy) or paying somebody else to make me a custom set(which would have been much more expensive)
My off the Shelf 2" LSx Headers, fit with no issues with the cross member
and I have no issues with the steering linkage going thru them....even the stock rag joint clears them just fine

and FYI. the pan Clearing by 1/2 inch. on a Rubber motor mount....is not very good clearance...once the motor mounts wears out, its going to cause a lot of issues
on a Poly or a solid mount, its better, but you still get a lot of engine movement that you dont see because of when and how fast it happens...

I dont even feel all that good about my 3/4 inch clearance and I'm using a motor plate/mid plate and a Urethane trans mount on a much more sold trans crossmember that I built... I will be adding travel limiters
Old 01-06-2013, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

I used the AJE kmember and my engine and trans didnt line up when it cam to the tranny cross member. I had to elongate and reweld the engine mount on the right side. Kindof pissed me off as I thought AJE was the ****. I didnt have a choice at the time and now BRP and TeamZ have come out with options. But I guess bolt in is a myth. Everyone should own a welder and make it fit to their setup. Not such a big deal but I think Team z sell great products as I bought one of their rear stabilizer bars to weld in.

I guess the Team z kmember just needs a CTSV oil pan or an aftermarket but Im happy with my AJE for now, even if I had to modify it.
Attached Thumbnails Needing LS mounts for a Factory Fox K-member?-ebay-008.jpg  
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Teching In

I am using the team Z k member, it fits great, the only downfall is that a stock fbody pan will not work. Would I buy the team Z kmember again, Hell yes. The fit and quality construction is second to none. I am running a powerglide and as far as the tranny mount, I used the stock mustang crossmember with a spacer between the crossmember and tranny mount to get the correct degree on the engine. The stock crossmember was free and worked great. I am using kooks 1 7/8 headers and they clear the STOCK steering shaft with the factory power rack, I kept my power steering hooked up.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well im glad I just read thru all the Butt hurt *******... He want's to know about a "Stock Fox K-Member" not ur **** and moan stories. I will be making some for my friend thats using a D&D K-member thats basicly the same as the stock as its for a 5.0. I think were just going to space out the motor where it needs to be and make a box type mount and weld it to a LS adapter plate.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:47 AM
8 Second Club

and BRP is the only company making a Bolt in ready to go Motor Mount for the Stock 5.0 K-member...
you have to use a CTS-V pan with it, and they sell it too.

its easiest to just buy their whole kit all at once.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Stay far away from the z k-member.......do a search...
Do you have any experience with Team Z? I bet if you called and spoke with Dave you'd quickly find out why they're the best in the business.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jfisher
Do you have any experience with Team Z? I bet if you called and spoke with Dave you'd quickly find out why they're the best in the business.
Agreed 100%. He knows his ****
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been looking at the AJE K member for an LQ4/T56 swap...leaning towards the Team Z one, but why does the fbody pan not work with it? What is the alternative pan for street clearance?

Car is a 95 BTW.

Last edited by Guitar; 01-08-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:47 PM
8 Second Club

Moroso 20141 is the pan that fits perfect and has plenty of ground clearance

otherwise... use a CTS-V pan, a Truck pan, and I believe from just the measurements... the Hummer pan should work

the Fbody pan works... if you modify it

the K-member wasnt built around it, and the fbody pan will hit in the sump portion
you can trim it like I did on mine and it will work fine.. Just have to be able to tig, or find somebody who can tig weld..

Quick Reply: Needing LS mounts for a Factory Fox K-member?