Sponsored by:

Ly6/t56 in my 79 t/a

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Photochop
Whats the latest?

Sorry, I keep forgetting to update this thread. I'll kinda go through my last few posts from another site.

Well, Just as it always goes with older cars....I begin taking something apart and find something else that needs attention. I started to pull the seats and carpet and noticed all the speaker/sub wires that were run. I kinda fished through them and removed what I could today. I'll definitely be spending more time on it later this week.

The previous owner had put an inch to two inch in some places of sound deadner under the carpet. It fluffed up the carpet a bit so between that and the seat tracks being rusted it was near impossible to even see the install bolts for the front seats. I will have to figure something out on those. Perhaps I can get the tracks going and that should help.

Original 4 speed shifter surround..

Some of crap that was trunk liner and under the carpet.

UPDATE #2

Well, after some PB blaster and rust penetrant I got the tracks to free up and was able to remove the front seats. Removed the rear seats and took the carpet out last night.

Here is a pic of some of the sound deadner that was used. Really thick cheap stuff. Ill be going back with some thinner better item.

[img]https://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd55/Eurosooner7/015_zpsea2191e7.jpg[/img

This poor little guy was buried under the foam. He has seen better days. I'll clean him up and get him back with his friends.

Previous owner had soooo much sub/speaker wiring in the car...

On a side note, I am really considering buying some black vinyl seat covers for these things, but the expenditures just add up quickly...

Here is the stock 4 speed shifter hole which I will be plugging and creating a new one for the T-56

Bad pic, but the previous owner left the clutch pedal in so that is convenient! You an see the hole for the MC

We are gonna load up the car this weekend and get it to my buddies shop so we can cut what is necessary on the cradle and might as well do the shifter hole as well. We'll see how that goes, but that is my main goal for this weekend. If I have time I am gonna try to get the brake booster painted this weekend and install the new MC.

I'll try to update Sunday with progress. Things should start moving along quicker once I get this part done. It's the waiting that is tough!

On a side note, after speaking with some friends I think I have decided on some mid length 1 7/8 headers. I eventually plan to lower the car so this seems like the way to go.

Last edited by REDL1NE; 06-26-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whats the latest?
Old 07-11-2016, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

Bringing this one back.

I am probably the worst at updating my progress.

Interior is all back in the car. My recent addition was a dash cap. I got it from F body warehouse. It is fantastic. I need to post a few pics.

We dyno tuned the car a few weeks ago. It made 407RWHP/399RWTQ. Brett @ XP Racing did the tune.

Car runs well and healthy.

I am looking more and more into A/C setups. We notched the frame for a lower mount so I may make a post here shortly seeking ideas.
Modify message
Old 07-12-2016, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 589 Likes on 467 Posts

Dyno graph?
Old 01-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Here is a walk around video.

One of these days I will upload the graph, sorry.

Quick Reply: Ly6/t56 in my 79 t/a