Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 Cobra Clone 6.0 408 Stroker, 4l80e, S480R Turbo Build.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the turbo back on, also installed my new lokar throttle cable and put some return springs on since the pedal was wayyyy to soft. Still waiting on tranny

Old 03-22-2014, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice wrap job. I need to switch to that titanium. It is so much easier to work with and make look nice compared to the old fiber wrap.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea its good stuff thats for sure, only thing is make sure you wear some rubber gloves when handling this stuff. Its like fiberglass insulation and will make you itch like crazy.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Ready for some track updates
Old 07-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sarg
Ready for some track updates
We made some passes on 8 psi.... Its slow.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ha, 11 sec car @ 137mph on 8.7psi

Just turned it up to 12psi and it feels way better on the street for sure.

60fts are killing me and plus my rear frame is twisted and id like to get it correct before getting serious about trying to lay down some good 60' hits. I think im going to get it straight by cutting off the old frame connectors, putting new ones on, and then put a 6 point cage in to try to keep it straight.

I can tell I had a issue right away when i was trying to set ride height, my driver side rear coil over is 1.5 " higher than passenger side. Spring is compressed nearly 2 inches more than passenger. And without anti -roll bar hooked up the car is dangerous the passenger rear collapses. So i run around all the time with it hooked up and it does good on the street. But i know in my head the **** isnt right...

But all this will have to be fixed during winter cuz im not ripping it apart right now.

Ill go to track soon and try to leave off trans brake when its just coming into boost if possible. If not ill have to get a 2 step and thats another thing to add to my winter list.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

video of the 11 sec pass

Car has went 10.7 as a best with 2.0 60tf and the computer pulling all the timing out at 60mph thinking it needed to shift.

So it could definitely go low 10s on 8 psi
Old 07-21-2014, 05:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zapp109
Ha, 11 sec car @ 137mph on 8.7psi

Just turned it up to 12psi and it feels way better on the street for sure.

60fts are killing me and plus my rear frame is twisted and id like to get it correct before getting serious about trying to lay down some good 60' hits. I think im going to get it straight by cutting off the old frame connectors, putting new ones on, and then put a 6 point cage in to try to keep it straight.

I can tell I had a issue right away when i was trying to set ride height, my driver side rear coil over is 1.5 " higher than passenger side. Spring is compressed nearly 2 inches more than passenger. And without anti -roll bar hooked up the car is dangerous the passenger rear collapses. So i run around all the time with it hooked up and it does good on the street. But i know in my head the **** isnt right...

But all this will have to be fixed during winter cuz im not ripping it apart right now.

Ill go to track soon and try to leave off trans brake when its just coming into boost if possible. If not ill have to get a 2 step and thats another thing to add to my winter list.
This apparently is not very uncommon in foxbodies. Mine which was a 4 banger all its life has a similar issue. The rear driver's side sits about an inch lower than the passenger side. There is a huge long thread on it on corrall I believe. The main conclusion I took away was that you needed adjustable coil overs to ever get it to sit right. Guys even took them to frame shops only to find everything was perfectly straight. Kinda crappy.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I can get it to sit level when i put the jack stands in correct place under frame, and let the weight hang from the rear then in levels out. My drivers jackstand hits frame first then i have like 1 inch gap on passenger side. Weight goes down and it sits on the stand. So i know i can get it straight but gotta take the old connectors off cuz who the hell knows how they were put on and that could be why its so bad. Im gonna get the right connectors to..

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/MM...bare-P580.aspx
Old 07-22-2014, 07:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've installed many of those MM subframe connectors as well as the cheapo subframes. There comparison in stiffness between the MMs and the cheapos is dramatic. I always thought my cheapo subframes worked well until I installed the MM units, and from then on, I have only bought the MM units.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usdmholden
I've installed many of those MM subframe connectors as well as the cheapo subframes. There comparison in stiffness between the MMs and the cheapos is dramatic. I always thought my cheapo subframes worked well until I installed the MM units, and from then on, I have only bought the MM units.
Good to know thanks makes me feel better about doing this.

Quick Reply: 93 Cobra Clone 6.0 408 Stroker, 4l80e, S480R Turbo Build.