Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAMOUS! & STOLEN '84 C10 5.3 article posted on LSXTV.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've never had a vehicle stolen thankfully, but this summer i did have my pride and joy atv stolen out of the garage. i had just finished completely rebuilding it from the frame up the week prior and was in the process of moving out of the place i was renting. im pretty sure the owners of the rental property had something to do with it. we were parting on bad terms and a witness saw their truck backed up to the garage early in the morning loading stuff up. they stole a 5.3 i had on an engine stand along with my toolbox and all my tools, my quad, spare wheels and tires, pretty much anything they could sell or pawn to make money. i never recovered any of it. still infuriouates me to this day... i sympathise with you for sure! hopefully you have a better ending than me though.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:25 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Thieving lowlife bastages!!!!!

buckwheats, all of em

( If you dont know what that means watch the movie "Things to do in Denver when your dead" )
Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. Yea thieves are the worst. Wish they'd stick to stealing Kia's or something and leave peoples hard earned and built projects alone. With they would have stolen my wifes Trailblazer instead of my old truck. Trailblazer was factory. It could easily be replaced.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn that sucks to hear hope you find your truck.
I love watching your vids on youtube especially the ones of you porting your heads that was some great info.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LsXRs
Damn that sucks to hear hope you find your truck.
I love watching your vids on youtube especially the ones of you porting your heads that was some great info.
Thanks man. I really appreciate that. Comments like yours are what keep me motivated to make more vids. It aint easy to scrounge up the time to get a video together and uploaded.

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain. Thieves stole my 97 240SX with a LS3. I had over $50K in that thing. Showed up months later burned to the ground on the side of the road. The really crappy part was that it wasn't even stripped. They burned the whole thing complete! All those hours and dollars up in smoke!!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sierrac3_s2000
I feel your pain. Thieves stole my 97 240SX with a LS3. I had over $50K in that thing. Showed up months later burned to the ground on the side of the road. The really crappy part was that it wasn't even stripped. They burned the whole thing complete! All those hours and dollars up in smoke!!
wow! that is horrible!

I would like to know why they would do that. It just doesnt make sense. Drug run? just a joy ride?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:00 AM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Thats sucks man. My 80 Z28 was stolen. Coincidentally a friend of mine and his brother had some stuff stolen from the speed shop that i dealt with, and also was robbed around the same time. My friend and his brother both lost good built engines and some other parts. We are pretty sure it was an inside job. Years later things seem to be piecing together and, if everything aligns right, these guys who have pulled this off are gonna be in for a big surprise.
My friend and I have not forgotten and the fire still burns for the both of us and his brother. For me, it was funny how the owner of the shop wanted to buy my rims badly. GONE. Pretty much designed both engines to his specs. GONE. Its been over 10 years. People open their mouths. Some dont realize they may have purchased stolen goods. These few guys dont know it but are gonna get FUCKED!!!!!
I got my car back. Stripped though. I guess what i am trying to say is keep your head up. You never know what may come out of this. Maybe you will get the truck back.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Launching!

watch the craigslist like a hawk, pose as a an interested party and when you find any of your parts sit on them like a hawk till the law appears. I had to do this with a bunch of engines and rims stole. when i found the rims, i bought them back and played dumb. called the guy a day later and asked if he had any more, the conversation went to engines and he said his buddy had a few. when i showed up, there they were, still on my stands with my name welded on the bottom side. Had my buddy stay in the truck and call the law. got most of it back and the f*&(heads made a deal and walked. now there is more alarm on my **** than fort knox. Just a thought.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Damn thieves !! Build your own ****!!!Sorry to hear about your ride bro..
I happen to have a soft spot myself for square body short bed chevy's...If you ever need any parts let me know i have a ton of older chevy stuff...also have a long block ls2 out of my buds 05 vette with 20k orig miles...
Attached Thumbnails FAMOUS! & STOLEN '84 C10 5.3 article posted on LSXTV.com-003.jpg  
Old 02-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Mark, I met you at O'reilly's a few months back in Madison. That sucks! I also have an alarm sitting in my tool box that I haven't installed yet. I better do that before I drive my car in to Huntsville again. Someone was probably after your drivetrain. You never know it may turn up. What really pisses me off, is that you are serving our country and scumbags like that are stealing your hard earned property.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls68firebird
watch the craigslist like a hawk, pose as a an interested party and when you find any of your parts sit on them like a hawk till the law appears. I had to do this with a bunch of engines and rims stole. when i found the rims, i bought them back and played dumb. called the guy a day later and asked if he had any more, the conversation went to engines and he said his buddy had a few. when i showed up, there they were, still on my stands with my name welded on the bottom side. Had my buddy stay in the truck and call the law. got most of it back and the f*&(heads made a deal and walked. now there is more alarm on my **** than fort knox. Just a thought.
Good plan! thanks! too bad they walked. ******
Old 02-24-2013, 02:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gates72ss
Damn thieves !! Build your own ****!!!Sorry to hear about your ride bro..
I happen to have a soft spot myself for square body short bed chevy's...If you ever need any parts let me know i have a ton of older chevy stuff...also have a long block ls2 out of my buds 05 vette with 20k orig miles...
Thanks man and that truck is SUPER clean. beautiful!

Wish you were closer to me. sounds like you have some parts I could use.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSZ
Thats sucks man. My 80 Z28 was stolen. Coincidentally a friend of mine and his brother had some stuff stolen from the speed shop that i dealt with, and also was robbed around the same time. My friend and his brother both lost good built engines and some other parts. We are pretty sure it was an inside job. Years later things seem to be piecing together and, if everything aligns right, these guys who have pulled this off are gonna be in for a big surprise.
My friend and I have not forgotten and the fire still burns for the both of us and his brother. For me, it was funny how the owner of the shop wanted to buy my rims badly. GONE. Pretty much designed both engines to his specs. GONE. Its been over 10 years. People open their mouths. Some dont realize they may have purchased stolen goods. These few guys dont know it but are gonna get FUCKED!!!!!
I got my car back. Stripped though. I guess what i am trying to say is keep your head up. You never know what may come out of this. Maybe you will get the truck back.
Thanks man. THis is too many stories of the thieves getting off way too easy. I've learned my lesson. Gotta put a serious lock down on the build projects.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eaglefreek
Mark, I met you at O'reilly's a few months back in Madison. That sucks! I also have an alarm sitting in my tool box that I haven't installed yet. I better do that before I drive my car in to Huntsville again. Someone was probably after your drivetrain. You never know it may turn up. What really pisses me off, is that you are serving our country and scumbags like that are stealing your hard earned property.
Did you have the 4x4 LS AMC? yes, get that alarm on there and some hidden kill switches. If they'd still my multicolored primered truck they'll definitely still yours!

You're right! Damn scumbags.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 AM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

THey tried to get my 98 Pontiac GTP a few months back. The battery was dead. They were lucky the dogs didnt break the line. They may have been quiet enough to not disturb the dogs cause the car is several hundred feet from the dogs. Broke the column and made a mess but for some odd reason didnt take the spare change which is at least 20 bucks. They were lucky, would have been lunch for the dogs.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSZ
THey tried to get my 98 Pontiac GTP a few months back. The battery was dead. They were lucky the dogs didnt break the line. They may have been quiet enough to not disturb the dogs cause the car is several hundred feet from the dogs. Broke the column and made a mess but for some odd reason didnt take the spare change which is at least 20 bucks. They were lucky, would have been lunch for the dogs.
Too bad they weren't a midnight snack for the pups...
Old 02-24-2013, 04:50 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

What a shame! It's a shame not everyone wants to work hard for what they have in life.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some low lifes!

Please tell me you had it insured??
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

I hope something comes up from it either way keep on pushing and maybe ill see you at this years holley LSfest

Quick Reply: FAMOUS! & STOLEN '84 C10 5.3 article posted on LSXTV.com