Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FUEL LINES: Nylon vs. Stainless braided vs. Hardlline

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
I made a tool to press the connectors on the line for less than $25 with all new parts .
Pics/info on said tool?
Old 03-04-2013, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Is there single connector method to go from NPT to nylon or EFI quick connect?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
Pics/info on said tool?
Man, I'm a jerk for not posting it aren't I? Sorry.

I'll gather a few photos and make a topic on it then update this thread with a link. Budget nylon fuel line tool.

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
Is there single connector method to go from NPT to nylon or EFI quick connect?
I never found one, but I stopped looking years ago. In my research it seemed to get from style A to style B you needed at least two fittings if not three. From -xyz (AN) to GM EFI quick disconnect required a quick disconnect adapter, a -xyz adapter and a -xyz termination for the hose and finally the hose. This gets expensive (beside the price of the hose in the first place) and takes a ton of unnecessary room.

Last edited by gofastwclass; 03-04-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Added link to topic...
Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go junk yarding look for some LT1 cars. The Caprices and Buick Roadmasters ran nylon links that hook up directly with little or no work. The beauty of nylon lines is you can route them easily any way you like just make sure you have a good way to hold them otherwise they can hang. I picked up multiple lines for about $10 and even got extras. If you need to swap the ends you can use the dorman repair kit to splice 2 different ends. I went back to hard lines under the car but that was only because I had them from the donor car. The transitions are still nylon.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 532 Likes on 336 Posts

Looks like I am going to be running Nylon. Purely for cost. I am going to do what was shown above, and just use a home made tool to press the fittings in. Should be around 50 bucks for lines. That will help out my budget. I looked into the Nickel Copper lines too, as they look to be a better alternative to stainless.

Quick Reply: FUEL LINES: Nylon vs. Stainless braided vs. Hardlline