Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 5.3 swap so far

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 5.3 swap so far

hey guys I have a 2004 5.3 going in my 91 firebird so far I have a ls2 intake came with fuel rails and injectors I got a limited slip rear end out of a 4th gen 323 gears I think im waiting on a transmission my 4l80e I bought on line arrived but the shipping company craked my bellhouisng I made my whire harness its stand alone I could not figure out how to tie it to the third gen harness I got umi mounts and clam shells from hawks third gen im still looking for f body accessories and oil pan if you have any tips for me plz let me know them this is my first swap
Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Teching In

idk hhow to add pics on here if I did I would up load some
Old 03-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Teching In

and right now im needing help on exhaust and crossmeber and panhard bar
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Launching!

I upload my pictures using photobucket, and copy/paste the IMG link.

You can re-use your stock panhard bar. As far as headers you can use stock F-body manifolds, or get headers from Hawks for an arm and a leg. I know hedman makes a swap header but im not sure about clearance on it. Third gen swap headers get expensive really quick.

Hawks also makes a crossmember, but you can probably find one in the for sale section or CL if you check around.

Wiring is tricky. Theres alot of good wiring info on the TGO forums, plus alot of good swap info. If you plan on doing it yourself I would start reading now. Otherwise theres alot of good sponsers on this site that do excellent custom harnesses. Im sure one of them will tune in.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Teching In

well i have stock truck manifolds and i tryed to drop the motor yesterday and did not work out well the manifolds hit the subframe and i got a stand alone harness bulit that works im just saving up some money for my buddy to flash my pcm i been trying to plan out how im gonna do my fuel system iv read a lot of fourms etc and still tryng to figure it out and i need some part numbers for it just like for me adapteing my 4l80e in and how would i reuse my stock panhard bar? the 80e dont have the mount for it and will it be easy to fab up a cross member?.... ill make a photo bucket tonight and up load pics
Old 03-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Teching In

link of my progress so far http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/tc...ibrary/?page=1 and yes im doing it outside because I don't have a shop so when I need to tear into the motor I take it to school to do the work there but if u got any suggestions please speak your mind guy the more the better thank you
Old 03-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Teching In

can anyone tell me how I should do my fuel system I wanna use the third gen gas tank still but if its not possible let me know I wanted to get input before I attempted it and to day I got my 5.3 bolted it and im gonna cut the flang off my manifolds and add some pipe then mount the turbo's and what would be a good turbo to run I uploaded a new pic of my process today http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/tc...tml?sort=3&o=0 I will remove the flang like stated and im gonna try to extand the pipe straight

Quick Reply: My 5.3 swap so far