Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 5.3 in an 2000 sonoma help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=sprayed99;17277207]Just a beware of that above mentioned forum.... Lots of attitudes there. I had over a dozen PMs from members calling BS because I finished my full swap in 8 days... Sooooo you were warned LOL.

Bought the correct fittings and line and dry mocked it up and marked everything then took it down to a local hydraulic line place and had them crimp everything. In fact all original factory options worked. Dont mind the fuse box cover missing I had the wideband on it because I was still finishing up the new tune after the last round of work was done.

Here is a few pics for your viewing pleasure

Where did you put your ecu? I noticed it not on the overflow tank
Old 04-02-2013, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Black98s10;17283630]
Originally Posted by sprayed99
Just a beware of that above mentioned forum.... Lots of attitudes there. I had over a dozen PMs from members calling BS because I finished my full swap in 8 days... Sooooo you were warned LOL.

Bought the correct fittings and line and dry mocked it up and marked everything then took it down to a local hydraulic line place and had them crimp everything. In fact all original factory options worked. Dont mind the fuse box cover missing I had the wideband on it because I was still finishing up the new tune after the last round of work was done.

Here is a few pics for your viewing pleasure

Where did you put your ecu? I noticed it not on the overflow tank
No I did not mount it there... Personally it looks like **** mounted there.

It was mounted on the drivers side inner fender next to the washer tank. I used a silverado bracket and some steel sheet I bent up with stainless hardware. My goal was to build a mini silverado so it was fitting.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:56 AM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=sprayed99;17284032]
Originally Posted by Black98s10

No I did not mount it there... Personally it looks like **** mounted there.

It was mounted on the drivers side inner fender next to the washer tank. I used a silverado bracket and some steel sheet I bent up with stainless hardware. My goal was to build a mini silverado so it was fitting.
That is a beautiful truck.

Quick Reply: Ls1 5.3 in an 2000 sonoma help!!!!!