Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Austin Healey Sprite w/LS6 200-4r

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The engine is 8:5-1 and built for it, we'll boost it to the moon. Hopefully more than 500. I'm not worried about under the hood, even the oil cap comes through the hood. The logic behind the blower was if the engines going to come through the hood anyways, might as well go big. The sbc that was in it was around 300 and insanely fun to drive.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't listen to these guys...

Keep the Maggie. Add nitrous later if you need it!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

I honestly don't know where I'd fit the bottle unless it was a sneaky Pete.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hide it behind the dash!
Or go Fast and Furious style and hide it under the passenger seat.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

behind the dash area doesn't exist on these cars, under the console has the coil packs already, and there is an inch between the seat and the floor.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:33 AM
8 Second Club

Received 730 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by anarchy99
behind the dash area doesn't exist on these cars, under the console has the coil packs already, and there is an inch between the seat and the floor.
Just strap it on top of the blower, whats another 6" poking out of the hood? I joke, I joke... But seriously no room in the boot?
Old 01-23-2014, 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

I could probably fit something back there but I doubt I'll need it... It's pretty tight already though and I wanna be able to have bags back there for things like power tour etc.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

I was going to run the engine controllers in the back of the vehicle but I got a wild hair up my butt and checked fitment behind the dash area and they literally fit like they were made to go there!!!! All wires will get hidden behind the dash/console area this way and I don't have to cut or solder a ton on the harness to lengthen it. I was going to hook the harness up to figure out where to fun the hole through the firewall but it's too damn cold out there!!!!
Old 01-28-2014, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was going to hook the harness up to figure out where to fun the hole through the firewall but it's too damn cold out there!!!!
Nice progress. It looks like you got a taste of our weather! Progress here has come to a halt till it gets back up above freezing.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I'll be getting a better taste of it your style here later this year, getting stationed in Virginia Beach, but I'm a huge pats fan so I'll probably be making quite a few trips up to Boston.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Not a terrible amount of progress... cold weather and work kinda take the wind out of my sails lately but I'll have 9 days straight off from work here coming up and I plan on getting a ton accomplished!!!!!! New progress is: coils hard mounted under where the console will go, Dash test fit, I'm currently filling in the holes for the turn signals and the gap left by where the column goes. I'm going to finish up all of the body work on it, then the only thing I'll have left to do on the dash will be build the small piece that will connect the bottom of the dash to the console, making it a seemless transition and covering up all of the wires that I now have. I also got the new pieces tack welded to the old seat frames. I need to finish weld them and then get the new screws and I can install the seats. My brother is getting the console welded up for me, adding the aluminum wings to the sides so that It will cover all the wires up. Once that's all done, I'll get the console covered and the tank covered and build the side panels and new door panels... toss some carpet down and the interior will be mostly done. Brakes should be here soon btw.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like you guys are going to be getting more of our weather. Sorry about that. It's pretty much brought my progress to a standstill. I can just imagine how you guys are dealing with it.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

I made some drastic changes to get the car ready for the nice weather... Bitch all you want, I kinda like it better this way, way simpler, engine is proven, and all my projects will be on the road a lot faster now that the blown ls6 will go in the vette. If I had a few parts that are in the mail, the car would be out scaring small children already. Console and gas tank will be back from upholstery beginning of next week, everything under the car is in except driveshaft, got the new yoke and it's an inch too short, new one on the way along with new throttle cable and tranny cooler. Other than that and the new speedhut gauges I'm waiting on, it's ready to go. Sounds like a lot but it's really not.

almost forgot, also still waiting on the new front brakes... should be here any day now.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great project!
My brother used to have one, in blue.
Mom used to call it a "Sprout".
Old 02-25-2014, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

I realize I'm not longer tossing the LS6 in this, that's going in another car now, but I still figured I'll keep guys updated over here as well:

Got the console and tank back from upholstery and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. At the very least It's better than looking at a nasty gas tank or a bland looking console. I put the matching emblem on the back of the tank as the front, just forgot to snap a pic. Started making panels to put the interior back together, that's what the black board in the back is., still have to make holes in it for the fuel lines and the roll bar but it's close. I also still need to make the holes for the speakers, they will go under the dash in the close out wings by the driver passenger knee area. Just 4 inch speakers, nothing crazy, and only using 2. I'll make the finishing piece that will make the dash blend better into the console, just haven't had time. Also need to fill in the square hole and make 4 holes for the new gauges. It's getting there. On a side note my transmission cooler got here from ebay today and was literally falling apart out of the box with 2 broken fan mounts on it. We'll see how the seller wants to handle it, it's just frustrating.
Oh yeah, don't worry, floors and wheel well area will be getting carpet, just haven't gotten it down yet.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 896 Likes on 638 Posts

Yeah...cause you are going to be able to use those cup holders with all of the damn shifters....
Old 02-25-2014, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

cup holders work well to hold an iphone , etc... not really planning on many drinks, but a cup of coffee of red bull on the way to work is always nice. You don't have to use the shifters like that, you can just put the one on the far left into 4 (overdrive and drive normal if you want
Old 03-08-2014, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

Don't beat me up too bad for my switch panel... still wiring and the pics are just with stuff test fit, should be finished with wiring by the end of today or early tomorrow... Still cutting on the hood setup, the snow kind of killed my progress that I had going on, working out of a car port doesn't help. More to follow

Old 03-14-2014, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

If this doesn't give you blood flow in your man parts, I got nothing for you... video btw in case it doesn't give the option to click on it.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

If this doesn't give you blood flow in your man parts, I got nothing for you... video btw in case it doesn't give the option to click on it.
Congrats, that's gotta feel good. iPhone wouldn't let me view it on the mobile site, but it worked on the full site.

Spring is right around the corner!

Quick Reply: Austin Healey Sprite w/LS6 200-4r